What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "Glen"my new truck arrived last week.....crappy pictures but here they are.  
Ya....I like it.

did you have to recalibrate the speed sensor, or is the tire size close enough?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

its been beautiful out here the last few days...

a few days ago.. a friend got me to go to his sisters house for a late xmas as she might not make another.  one of the other guests was coughing and hacking something fierce..  i was not driving so i could not leave..  today.. i got up and my lungs are all congested.. the back of the throat is raw... now i have chills.. oh great.. there is H1N1 flu all over the place right now..

hopefully this will not be as bad as it is for others..

rats....

Glen

Quote from: "enjenjo"

did you have to recalibrate the speed sensor, or is the tire size close enough?

The pcm can be corrected by diameter and its very user friendly.  .but the error is on my favor so I will leave it.  The OEM tires were just over 31" and these are 34.0"

Crosley.In.AZ

Picked this wire storage rack years ago.. It was free (sorta) had some wire rolls on it.  

I modified it to hold 3 more rows of wire.  Bought some 100' rolls of wire from Del City.

Still trying to bring some organization into my shop
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I am still recovering.  Last week I drove a vehicle twice, my first time since the first week of October.  Everything is going good but slow.  I should be fine at sometime in the future.

I have been doing a lot of reading the last few months.  Lots of old R&C and Hot Rod.  Funny how a lot of old things become new again.

I got the March issue of Street Rodder yesterday.   One of the featured cars is one that I did a lot of work on.   It is a red Willys coupe "Suicide Ride".  It is part of an article about the Hack brothers who are all friends of mine.

Champion spark plugs has some kind of video contest going.  Buddy and some others put together a short video about the flat cad.  Near the end of the video it shows the car leaving the line at Bonneville with the body work and spoiler that I made for it last spring.  Look close and you will see Hooley priming the injector in the video.  http://alwaysachampion.com/search-for-a-champion/entry/1568064#.UsILqbRPmLE

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, when you heal up, will you be left with some amount of disability?
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Take it to impound..

Glad you're getting better John. Back shot day this coming Tuesday for me. Last one held on for 5 months.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"John, when you heal up, will you be left with some amount of disability?

I should be able to do about everything I want to do but I will have some loss of movement in my back. I will be limited in the weight of things that I can lift.  I have a lot of stuff floating around in my head that I plan to build in the future.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Ohio Blue Tip

Glad to hear you're on the road back.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Crosley.In.AZ

attended a swap meet today... some small items sold. Still have the Monte Carlo, although I was offered a trade deal on a 1964 Chevy step side truck.  May go look at truck in person..

: Good to read you are doing better John....  8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, I'm a truck guy so if the truck isn't rusted down, I'd be interested. In my part of the world I see truck and muscle car projects most often. If a guy is looking for less junk instead of different junk, it really isn't much different.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

ok.. i want one of these..

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-lift-riding-mower-atv-jack-60395.html

now i need a riding mower...

springs coming..

i wonder if its going to be Coil spring or leaf spring..

i must be feeling better.. i am making posts that should be deleted..

416Ford

Quote from: "wayne petty"ok.. i want one of these..

springs coming..

I use one of these. It does so much more then just lift a lawn mower.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1100-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-60345-9279.html
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

GPster

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "wayne petty"ok.. i want one of these..

springs coming..

I  use one of these. It does so much more then just lift a lawn mower.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1100-lb-electric-hoist-with-remote-control-60345-9279.html
That price makes it interesting. I've avoided thinking about one at $150.00. Putting it under a table with a shelf it might bring things into "bi-focal range". It's not easy driving up on my wheel ramps and then it only raises my mower up maybe 8". A lot easier than jacking the mower up and putting it on jack stands> GPster

416Ford

The issue I have with a unit like you listed is that I can not get my blades off with those. You still need to climb under the tractor and lay on your back. With the hoist, I can stand the tractor up to a 70* ish angle and zap them off with a impact.
I can also lift and engine out of a trailer if need be. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.