What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Charlie, I agree with your statement.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

I finally made the plunge and picked up a Drill Doctor.

I seem to be supernaturally talented when it comes to dulling drill bits, but only with a hand held drill. I do whatever I can think of--keep the speed low, use a good cutting oil, hold the drill steady at the hole, and I've tried a variety of different pressures, but I dull bits consistently when drilling by hand.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat rat

I bought another set of tires today. I'm doing my best to keep the tire companies in business. I've bought a total of 26 tires this year, 18 10 ply truck and 8 passenger. The good thing is I shouldn't need any tires in the near future. The bad was I'd put 4 new tires on the 02 truck a couple of months before I traded it for the 07 dually which of course needed 6 new tires
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Ohio Blue Tip

Took my Christmas change jar to the credit union for Christmas money$.
After filling up their machine, I netted $695.00
Now what should I buy me?
:lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

UGLY OLDS

[
Quotequote="jaybee"]I finally made the plunge and picked up a Drill Doctor.

Can you let us know how well it works ??  I am starting to loose my "touch" sharpening bits ... :(      Maybe if they weren't so darn small ?? :roll:  

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

my new truck arrived last week.....crappy pictures but here they are.  
Ya....I like it.

kb426

Glen, what's all the tires in the bed?
TEAM SMART

Glen

Quote from: "kb426"Glen, what's all the tires in the bed?

The factory 17" wheels and tires.

Crosley.In.AZ

kool looking truck...are those new wheels - tires the same size, just alloy wheels?  I may need a 2015 truck if retirement plans hold tight.... although I doubt they will.

Many Weeks back, i bought a pair of Craftsman Lithium batterys for 19.2 volt drills and reciprocating saw I have. The ni-cad batterys gave up.

these small lithium batterys make the saw usable now.  If I had the larger lithium battery I think the saw would be much better.  The ni-cads barely powered the saw for a few minutes of cutting
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"kool looking truck...are those new wheels - tires the same size, just alloy wheels?  

They are 20" 10 lug wheels similar to the 22.5 semi wheels, they have the big 33MM lug nuts.  I wanted the semi wheel but didn't want the crappy ride of the 16 ply, 22.5" semi tires, so I had them made in 20".  It will allow me to run the Michelin 20" E rated 10 ply which is what the SRW super duties come with from the factory.

The 19.5" wheel is an option but I couldn't find a wheel I liked.

Im a little more conservative than I was a few years ago.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Crosley"kool looking truck...are those new wheels - tires the same size, just alloy wheels?  

They are 20" 10 lug wheels similar to the 22.5 semi wheels, they have the big 33MM lug nuts.  I wanted the semi wheel but didn't want the crappy ride of the 16 ply, 22.5" semi tires, so I had them made in 20".  It will allow me to run the Michelin 20" E rated 10 ply which is what the SRW super duties come with from the factory.

The 19.5" wheel is an option but I couldn't find a wheel I liked.

Im a little more conservative than I was a few years ago.

Did not notice the 10 lugs...  are these wheels adapted to 8 lug hubs on truck?

I've seen the 22.5 wheels on these trucks. Not a look I care for.  Your truck looks 'correct' tire size & fitment  to me...  FWIW
Tony

phat46

Getting ready for a possible ice storm. Got gas for the generator and test fired it. Hopefully it's not as bad as predicted. My brother is a firefighter and is working today, could be bad for those guys and the police and linemen. My daughter is a dispatcher, I know she will be busy tonight!

sirstude

Spend the day in the garage working on the Oldsmobile.  FINALLY go the doors to fit again.  They were fine when I did all the body work, the took them off to jamb, and could never get them to fit again.  Had to make all diferent spacers and now ok.  Only going to take the bolts out one at a time to put lock washers on them.  Been driving me crazy for the last 2 years on that.  Dropped my steering column off with a friend to prime it, then sand and paint it and the dash.  Trying to get all the little stuff done so I can fire it up.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "sirstude"Spend the day in the garage working on the Oldsmobile.  FINALLY go the doors to fit again.  They were fine when I did all the body work, the took them off to jamb, and could never get them to fit again.  Had to make all diferent spacers and now ok.  Only going to take the bolts out one at a time to put lock washers on them.  Been driving me crazy for the last 2 years on that.  Dropped my steering column off with a friend to prime it, then sand and paint it and the dash.  Trying to get all the little stuff done so I can fire it up.

Doug

That same thing happened to my Yeoman with the liftgate.  It fit fine when I took it off, but wasn't quite right putting it back on.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Minor electrical faults with the house this week.. the place is 15 yrs old now. No problems till:

Rear porch lights, no function last night. Pull cover plate from switch. Lazy electician simply pushed the wires into the back of the switch. Power wire came loose.

Today, clothes washer = nothing. No buzz, no click.. volt meter into the socket = 1.23 volts. Seems low at 1 volt

Check breakers in box. Find one for GFCI for bathrooms looks slightly set off, not fully tripped.  Turns out the breakers are marked wrong.  Bathroom GFCI  is really the washer, the washer is the bathroom GFCI ... fixed that
Tony