What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Stopped by the local to me Radio Shack last week.  They are (were) in same parking lot as Freddy's Burger and Custard place.  We stop in Freddys, eat lunch. Janice and I enjoy it , early mid morning on sunday.

Radio Shack place is covered in white paper on the windows with "available" sign.

Today i was out on the Goldwing. I plugged in the words: Radio Shack into the GPS, It found several near me. I ride to one hope it is still in business.

I am looking for a terminal barrier strip that you can link wires together via screws and spade type terminals. As I explain the item to the gal over n over.... she finds the terminals. I explain: I have the terminal ends, I need the strip with the screws in pairs that I can attach to.

so... any way I found the strips in another isle while she was looking else where and never fully understood what I wanted.

and a person may wonder why Radio Shack is in the financial crapper?  Not
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I think there are only a couple  Radio Shacks left around here.All they want to do is sell Phones.

I did some cleanup around the shop today, and helped Fatcat install the engine in his van.

I have to fast tonight, 7am appointment for an ultrasound. Next sunday I have to prep for a colonoscopy. I am not looking forward to it, the prep, not the procedure.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chris spokes

the prep is the best part, couldn't think of anything better than running for the bathroom at all hours of the nite (not) thats about all you will remember of the ordeal the rest is a brease  :)  8)
he who has the most toys wins

enjenjo

Quote from: "chris spokes"the prep is the best part, couldn't think of anything better than running for the bathroom at all hours of the nite (not) thats about all you will remember of the ordeal the rest is a brease  :)  8)

Yes, I know, I have been through it before.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I think there are only a couple  Radio Shacks left around here.All they want to do is sell Phones.

I did some cleanup around the shop today, and helped Fatcat install the engine in his van.

I have to fast tonight, 7am appointment for an ultrasound. Next sunday I have to prep for a colonoscopy. I am not looking forward to it, the prep, not the procedure.

Actually I found the prep extremely funny, my wife didn't, I sure did! :lol: but then again my 3 1/2 year old grandson and I find a lot of the same things funny. " hey PapaJoe, I tooted"

Rrumbler

Hope everything comes out alright, Frank.  Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.  :wink:  :wink:

I had one a few weeks back, colon is fine, but they did an EGD (scoped my upper GI) at the same time and my stomach is not so hot; doesn't work too good anymore, so food tends to hang around in there and keep hanging around until something pushes it on down the line - it's called "gastroparesis".  These young Docs may be smart, but the come up short on the sense of humor scale.  When I found that they were going to do both ends at the same time, I told them to be sure to shake hands when they met in the middle; neither one of them even smiled.  :roll:  :lol:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

river1

Well for at least one day you'll know that you're not full of * :lol:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

I ran new underground phone, CATV, and computer cables to the shop, spent the day connecting it all up.

rog

Signed contracts & put a deposit on a house.. Our first ever purchase  :D

WZ JUNK

I checked over the old truck and I am ready to go to the nostalgia race at MOKAN this Sunday.  http://www.mokandragway.com/event_info/ahrr.html  Unfortunately we are to get our first blast of cool temperatures this weekend but it should be okay.  

My friend John Umlauf is match racing a twin hemi front engine rail.  That should be fun.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, I expect you to have a good weekend with coveralls! The twin is RC's old car. I got to talk to him at Salina this year. It was the first time since 2004 that I got to talk to him. We go back to the 70's with alky dragsters. He looked good. It was great to visit with him.
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

The inspectors found a few minor faults on my roadster that I have to fix to get it relicensed for another twelve months. Hopefully I should have it all done this afternoon.its a bit of a pain in the *,I'd rather be working on the coupe.
To make it worse the football season finished last week, there won't be anything to listen to or watch in the garage.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "rog"Signed contracts & put a deposit on a house.. Our first ever purchase  :D

That's got to be the best feeling in the world! Second best is the day it's paid off.  :)

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "bucketmouth"To make it worse the football season finished last week, there won't be anything to listen to or watch in the garage.

For a while, we were getting Aussie football on our tv in New Jersey.

Your games make our American footballers look like a bunch of wimps!!

For some reason, the network that was carrying the Aussie games stopped broadcasting them here.  ....I enjoyed watching them much more than American football.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

GPster

Been working on the Jeepster. I'm getting the back end of the body positioned and mounted where I want it to be and cleaning the back end of the frame of un-needed  cross members and mounts so I can remount the gas tank. I'm going to have to make a gas tank filler neck and I wanted to have every thing in it's proper location first so I wouldn't need to use the cutting torch or cut-off discs in my grinder while the tank was in place. Working on the frame ('87 S15 GMC) has me laying in 25 year old dirt but the body is mounted to it well enough that grinding and hammering adds 65 year old dirt ('48 Jeepster) to it.GPster