What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Well we live 2 blocks and a river from a large fire works display tonight. This is "Stern Wheel Race" weekend in Marietta. Last night there was a concert on the Levi (I don't know who), today festivities and vendors, tonight fireworks and tomorrow the races. This side of town is in the completion for dollars and is having an amusement park size train giving rides and talking about the railroad. People won't be able to see any of the old houses because every parking spot is taken already by people here to see the fireworks tonight. Also in completion is TSC that is having an antique tractor show today and tomorrow there will be a car show over town. Last week was the county fair and things were getting so busy that Robby Kaneval's jump over the Ohio River and a Walenda walking a tight rope over the river had to be canceled. The quietest place in town is in my garage and I've been working on making super market shelf metal into rear wheel wells in the Jeepster. It will work well with the lawn furniture metal floor braces. Soon I'll be able to put the doors back on and try to get the front half of the body and the back half at the same height so the doors will latch. GPster

39deluxe

Still staining siding and trim this weekend.

I did spend a few minutes routing the relay harness for the headlights in my stepside. I needed to see where the relays were going to mount so I could locate the Painless remote battery shutoff and it's fuse where I can get to them If needed.

kb426

I went to Hooker Ok yesterday. 245 cars in a one horse town. The man parked next to me bought his 32 in 1959. He said that someday he would fix it. Someday was 5 years ago. It has 231 miles on it. This was the third event for this year. 59AB flatty from Baxter Ford, most everything else was owner redone. I know this man was older than me but i didn't ask his age.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Dang, my 2006 Silverado 1500 turned over the mileage to 50k this morning.

Raining cats, dog, small farm animals here this morning
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

I am continuing with "warranty repairs" on my kidd's car ... I should have everything completed just in time for winter storage .... :roll:  :roll:

I prolly should  look at the Ugly Olds  before K-Zoo...  :idea:   I'm  sure its down a quart or 3 by now ..... :oops:

Bob ...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

fixes today

1983 Monte Carlo: fixed grounds at bulb socket on front turn signals. I was getting a steady green arrow some times when the headlites were on.  That steady green was telling me a ground or bulb problem. I knew this from experience with GM cars when I was in general auto repair biz.

2011 Honda Civic: drivers visor repaired. Honda builds these Civic cars cheaply. Honda even lost a class lawsuit over the visor design for cars 2008 and earlier.  It looks like they still did not learn their lesson.

My visor is 2.5 yrs old from new and it broke.

Photos show my drilled holes and installed 2 screws with captured star washers on them.  Hope this lasts a while. Not too pretty , not too ugly , but the visor works again
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"

2011 Honda Civic: drivers visor repaired. Honda builds these Civic cars cheaply. Honda even lost a class lawsuit over the visor design for cars 2008 and earlier.  It looks like they still did not learn their lesson.

Photos show my drilled holes and installed 2 screws with captured star washers on them.  Hope this lasts a while. Not too pretty , not too ugly , but the visor works again

My sister's 09 civic has the same problem she's had them replaced 4 or 5 times under extended (for this particular problem) warranty. Said warranty is about to run out (100,000) so I used a binder clip for additional support. If that doesn't work I'll use your idea.

I wonder why they just didn't fix the problem

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Josh and I spent the day trying to make a "bolt on" exhaust system fit his Mustang.One more pipe and we'll have it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Crosley"

My sister's 09 civic has the same problem she's had them replaced 4 or 5 times under extended (for this particular problem) warranty. Said warranty is about to run out (100,000) so I used a binder clip for additional support. If that doesn't work I'll use your idea.

I wonder why they just didn't fix the problem

later jim

Part of the settlement was extended warranty for the visors. A sane person would redesign to fix problem. Not Honda.

My two screws are on each end of the spring clip thingy. We are near day 3 of post repair.
Tony

GPster

I just made some "A" pillar mounts in the Jeepster's body. I made them to line up with the frame mounts that I had made weeks ago. I also spent some time cleaning up those frame welds. I now have six body mounts for the body behind the doors and four mounts four the cowl. Now I can put the doors back on and do some shimming to get things to line up. It is at a good place for me to leave it with some sense of accomplishment while I'm on vacation. We leave Sunday for Denver to spend a week with my mother, my brother and his wife, my nephew and his wife, my niece, her husband and their new baby. I became a Grand Uncle the beginning of this month. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Killled 5 scorpions last night...     we will never be rid of the buggers. We live in an area where the land is flood irrigated. Larger lots, the scorpions  run every where. I kill a bunch, new ones move it.
Tony

Glen

Kill the food source first.  Seal off the house to keep them out.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Kill the food source first.  Seal off the house to keep them out.

Not too practical with the diet scorpions have. I'd have to kill every insect in the back yard. they like crickets, but will eat any insect and also kill lizards too

Also  , scorpions can survive on very little food & can stay under water for 1 or 2 days before coming up for air...  so my flood irrigation does not kill them either.

I could get some chickens or cats, I read chickens & cats eat scorpions. I'd get chickens before a cat
Tony

chimp koose

Glen

Chickens.

I only mention sealing the house because I don't worry about the yard I just don't want to step on one at night going to the toilet.