What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

BTW we are sitting on the patio in the dark with no power.  APS turned off the power for the panel swap this morning and now have all techs working on a power outage.  I drug the generator out we use at the race track to run the fridge.  Luckily it has cooled off.

kb426

I started out the day by removing the cracked glass from the 51 to save it for patterns. I blasted on the cab until after lunch and then went and borrowed a tractor from a friend. He was kind enough to let me use his 1953 tractor with a scoop and rear blade for just the fuel. No power steering, no power brakes, no easy clutch. 3 hours later I reached a stopping point. The tractor lasted longer than the operator.   :lol:
TEAM SMART

Carps

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"BTW we are sitting on the patio in the dark with no power.  APS turned off the power for the panel swap this morning and now have all techs working on a power outage.  I drug the generator out we use at the race track to run the fridge.  Luckily it has cooled off.

That is no fun...  I imagine they found the problem ?  My fridge was plugged into the neighbors house via  long cord  when my service panel was upgraded, I had one very large  Richard Cranium in the mix.  

He was the guy to reconnect the power at the transformer (at the corner of my property)... He was here looking at the work performed. Told me he had not received notice it was approved for re-connect and would check 'tomorrow' , it was only 1 pm

I explained I had a list of names and phone calls that noted  the work had been approved over 1 hour earlier. He disagreed. He claimed he did not know any of those names I had

He drove off.  I called the SRP folks.  The Richard was back in 45 minutes and re-connected the house power.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "Glen"Kill the food source first.  Seal off the house to keep them out.

Not too practical with the diet scorpions have. I'd have to kill every insect in the back yard. they like crickets, but will eat any insect and also kill lizards too

Also  , scorpions can survive on very little food & can stay under water for 1 or 2 days before coming up for air...  so my flood irrigation does not kill them either.

I could get some chickens or cats, I read chickens & cats eat scorpions. I'd get chickens before a cat
Seems like I remember a series of programs on tv a few yrs back about an African desert animal called merecats. They seemed to have a taste for scorpions. New pet?
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Arnold

Doing some electrical work in my attic.
Crawling over rafters,insulation,laying down cross pieces etc to lay/kneel/sit on.
NO access to this attic(cathederal ceiling)in the middle.Had to cut a hole in the livingroom ceiling and using a ladder to get up and through the rafters.

I never had so much fun :lol:

Oh well..at least I still have the health to do it :D

phat46

My brother and I painted the front of a local downtown restaurant this morning. The restaurant is doing very well and the owner had expanded into the neighboring building a while ago so we painted the new storefront to match the old so it is clear that it is one business. Last week we had painted the rear of the restaurant, which has an entrance from a city owned parking lot behind it. There was two doors one the back  and the owner wanted to move his sign so the traffic would come in the door that didn't make people walk past the kitchen. After we moved the sign the area where it had been was a big blank wall, it needed something. Since the name of the restaurant is Fuel and their logo has fire in it, I suggested putting flames in place of the old sign. The owner said to go for it so we made flames out of 18ga. Steel that are 11 feet long, side to side and about 18" high, painted like, well, flames. The owner loved it and wants us to do the same out front on the new part of the restaurant. So tomorrow we make more steel flames for the front, I can't wait to hear the remarks from the locals. Especially the downtown historic commission, who had been dragging their feet letting the owner know what colors would be o.k to use on the restaurant!  :lol:

WZ JUNK

Leaves are a major problem for me each fall.  I have a 2 acre yard with lots of oak trees.   Years ago I built a rather large odd looking contraption that I pulled behind my riding mower to collect the leaves.  Recently I bought a zero turn mower and a grass catcher attachment.  I can not leave anything alone, so I modified the hopper and nearly doubled its size.  Note the galvanized portion of the box.  I also added a large Lexan window so that I could see when the box was filling.  It seems to work great on the grass trimmings.  I will find out how it does on the leaves in about a month.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

jaybee

Nearly done shingling the roof of the house now. I'm down to 9 courses on the main part of the house and cap shingles. It's turning out quite well.

Saturday I drove a stock car at Iowa Speedway. I have to admit it's far more difficult than I imagined, even with only 400hp and enforcement of short acceleration zones and early turn ins. I've been driving cars HARD when the mood strikes since I was a teenager and simply couldn't get a smooth lap in the short time I had available.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

We had a small project that required a small bit of contact cement. Preferred the brush on type , not spray can since the brush type liquid holds better.

We have used the contact cement over the years when my wife did upholstery work on cars we built. That was decades ago though. She has done small jobs here n there.

At Lowes my wife finds a small bottle of glue behind locked screen doors. A Lowes employee manager is found with keys.  He asks for a current drivers license and 'forms' are filled out.

It seems the state of AZ has turned Lowes and other businesses into police over the glue purchase. I have seen these items behind locked doors for years like spray paint.  never had to whip out ID... ALL this to protect the children that want to 'huff' the stuff to get high  and the kids could die from that.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

QuoteNot too practical with the diet scorpions have. I'd have to kill every insect in the back yard.

Every time I see this, I can't help but wonder,"what is a diet scorpion?".
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteNot too practical with the diet scorpions have. I'd have to kill every insect in the back yard.

One the is low fat of course  :roll:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tomslik

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

One the is low fat of course  :roll:

later jim

they eat chinese!?!?!?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

Happiness is: (Fill in the blank) a 32 Ford in the shop. I changed oil and gave it a bath getting ready to go to Goodland Ks. tomorrow. That's the last show of the season for me. A little later today I'll be back at blasting the cab on the 51 Ford. There's high wind warnings for later so I may get shutdown.
TEAM SMART