What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I saw the pictures, before I read the story, and thought Oh CRAP!

The wife and I drove up to Muskegon to pick up some fenders from PhatRat. He lives so far out in the Woods, he had to used an ax to keep the mosquitoes at bay.  :roll: We had a short visit, nice, but we had to head back
home.

Shoulda shouted.

I thought about it, I would like to see how your projects are coming. We didn't make it home until after 7
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I saw the pictures, before I read the story, and thought Oh CRAP!

The wife and I drove up to Muskegon to pick up some fenders from PhatRat. He lives so far out in the Woods, he had to used an ax to keep the mosquitoes at bay.  :roll: We had a short visit, nice, but we had to head back
home.

Yea. and you left the car door open so you could capture some of the best breeders. I hope they do well for you. If you breed them with those from Ohio it's sure to improve the breed down there.

Could be. As they say, when someone from Ohio moves to Michigan, it raises the IQ of both states. :D

Ohio Blue Tip

Frank, you almost went by my house and you didn't stop??
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

enjenjo

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Frank, you almost went by my house and you didn't stop??

Probably. I only found it by accident the last time I was there :D

Crosley.In.AZ

pulled the T-350 trans out of Monte. Making noise in first gear. Shift to 2nd gear, noise gone.  Found problem.  Not a planetary unit. Input shaft and output shaft were touching.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

road trip to a Sears store in Chandler AZ..  I usually avoid Chandler, they have multiple traffic radar locations at intersections.

any who ....  I had 4 broken tools to  exchange and was looking for a few new tools. Broken tools are years old in broke condition.  I stopped taking tools to Sears for replacement, because it was always a hassle for some reason.

Today a complete different story.  Cashier told me to find replacement tools for broken ones.  Asked if I needed help looking.  :shock:

I found the replacement tools, found most of the new items I wanted.  The exchange on broken tools went smooth as glass.  Paid for the new stuff and I was off down the road to Harbor Freight.

Mayb Sears being in the crapper (money wise, sales wise, etc)  has helped them figure out they needed a few policy changes?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I just came in from working on the 51 Ford in the driveway. It's 104 here. I've removed the engine and the running boards. All the bolts are ruined. They either get broke or cut to remove them. This was a coyote wagon. Everytime something came loose they welded it back on. While I was out there, the friend that built the turtle go kart came by. He's doing a 52 for a customer. They're buying a new box and he's letting me have their old one. It's not great but it's way better than mine. :D The bottoms of the rear fenders have some rust where they attached to the running boards. That's the worst that I've found so far.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Today I gutted the doors on the 51. I removed them and vatted them. Not great but way better to work on now.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Drag raced today. 8.82@154.97mph from the 83 marquis wagon.We went 2 rounds.

Ohio Blue Tip

Working on the 65 Chevy.  Yesterday installed lower ball joints and new front brakes.
Today I'm changing the rear pinion seal and cover gasket.  Then if I haven't run out of steam I need to change the Power Glide filter and rear seal.  The new radiator should be here today which is another job.
Last week I changed motor mounts, fuel pump, heater core and rebuilt the carb.
Sure glad I bought a car that didn't need any work. :lol:  :shock:
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

58 Yeoman

"Sure glad I bought a car that didn't need any work."

I know the feeling.  I had to replace the oil pump and distributor on the Ford, plus adjust the neutral start switch, trans/carb linkage, and find that the a/c has a leak...and no receiver/drier. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Working on the 65 Chevy.  Yesterday installed lower ball joints and new front brakes.
Today I'm changing the rear pinion seal and cover gasket.  Then if I haven't run out of steam I need to change the Power Glide filter and rear seal.  The new radiator should be here today which is another job.
Sure glad I bought a car that didn't need any work. :lol:  :shock:

Yea but think of how long it was just sitting in storage
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteI know the feeling.  I had to replace the oil pump and distributor on the Ford, plus adjust the neutral start switch, trans/carb linkage, and find that the a/c has a leak...and no receiver/drier. :shock:
[/quote]

QuoteWorking on the 65 Chevy. Yesterday installed lower ball joints and new front brakes.
Today I'm changing the rear pinion seal and cover gasket. Then if I haven't run out of steam I need to change the Power Glide filter and rear seal. The new radiator should be here today which is another job.

Gee....What are you guys planning on doing AFTER lunch???

I'm on page 2 of a 4 page punch list on a car I built in 1986... :?:

I started with the transmission replacement .... That was the EASY part ... :shock:

Worse than that ...it's STILL under warranty  :!:
Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Ohio Blue Tip

After lunch I plan to do more! :D   When you're old as I, you have to work fast as you may not have much time. :lol:
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Glen

woohoo.....right on schedule I got my permit today for the new shop.  We hear so many nightmares about permits on shops.  I dropped the paperwork on 07-02, they cruised thru the plans with me and noted one issue with a red pen in regards to property setback.  The person told me another person would review the structural/electrical side of it and I should get my plans by 07-15....thirteen days later?  wow, here I am today with a permit.  They didn't even make me re-submit for the red line, just noted to correct it.  Diggging party starts Tuesday.