What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Started putting cab corners on my son's 92 silverado ext cab yesterday. I just have to do about 200 more tack welds and grind them down before filler and paint.Hopefully I am done before he gets back from his camping trip.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Glen"Does anyone want a separate build thread?  I plan to take lots of pics.

Yes, me!   .....Please do!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Arnold

Quote from: "phat rat"I spent a couple of days last week detailing my 02 and today bought new tires and rims for it. Looks pretty good I think

Looks GREAT  :D
  My g/f has an 01..similar..2500 4x4..extended,short box
  I have a similar Suburban..

IF I could post a pic..WE(here) :lol: WOULD SAY:

Looks pretty BAD

Hers is a farm vehicle..that gets driven on the road haha..AND in and through  :roll: her horse field..I have been in it. Actually hers is looking better lately..it NOW looks like someone is in the process of replacing the rockers as they have pretty much rotted right off  :lol:

Mine was a Police vehicle..still has the bars in the windows.. 8)

Hers goes where it is pointed..(Great 4x4!) Mine just sinks because of it's weight.

phat rat

I bought mine new and have just over 122K on it. So far the only rust has been the tailgate and I found a replacement last year when I was in Az that was even the right color. Mine has the 8.1/Alision
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

I picked up a new Goldwing this week.

2013 red Airbag model.  It has the SAT-NAV , XM-Sirrus, ABS, iPod , USB port , yada , yada on it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Finishing a metal roof on a new addition to the cabin in the 50 degree rain.    If it weren't for the screw heads for traction it would be like a waterslide.  Had to build a fire in the woodstove to take the chill off.....in July :?

Also making a list for Bonneville trip camping as I think of things.  Tagging along with Charlie chops beginning on Aug 1.  We're taking a meandering route to visit some people and see a little more of the good old USA.

That's quite a scooter Tony....nice!
George

kb426

I just got back from Salina. Wee bit cool.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Just got back from dropping Mrs Ugly  at the Kid's house for a welcome home visit ... .. He arrived safely from his "Vacation in the Sand" courtesy of the USAF ..  I would have stayed but could not get the time off work ...

Strange .. He left Afganastan last Tuesday AM & arrived at St.Louis this afternoon .. He has spent all that time in various airports , sometimes going the wrong direction to make it home ..   When he arrived in Baltimore , he actually could have rented a car & arrived sooner  than taking the reserved flights  :shock:   He is home ..Safe & sound ..That's the important part ..

Now ..I HAVE to finish the repairs to his car ASAP ...  :roll:

Hey Tony ... Neat Bike .. Seems to have lot's of "Controls" ... Buttons , switches & things .... :?

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Ohio Blue Tip

Started "The Old Folks Salt Tour"
On the road in Columbia, Missouri, had a good day and about 660 miles, Colorado Springs tomorrow.
See ya on the salt.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Glen

this is really moving fast.  They return tomorrow to pour the driveway pad and the carport pad on the south end by the wall.

2many projects

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am cleaning the shop, I rebuilt the rear suspension on a 1970 AMX this week, springs, shocks, and torque links. It did not want to come apart after 40 years in Ohio. :shock:

Ohio Blue Tip

Spending the night in  Durango, CO.
We were in Cripple Creek last night and in Silverton today, tomorrow it's off to the Grand Canyon continuing "The Old Folks Salt Tour"
Sure glad gas is cheap!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

chimp koose

Building an outdoor fish pond with my son.Roughly 1000 gallons.We will be building the filtering system tomorrow , lining the structure and ,glug glug, glug,filling it up hopefully by evening. Rock and roundstone waterfall to follow.

Rrumbler

Sitting here in front of this infernal machine shaking my head in amazement.  I had a completely new experience this evening.  Two of my ten year old granddaughters have been staying with us during the day and evening  for most of the past week, and this evening, one of them came in and said the other had gotten a brush tangled in her hair, and couldn't get it out.  Oh my!!! She did have it tangled up in there; her hair is almost 30 inches long, and they had been playing at being hairdressers, and attempted to tease her hair into a pouf - or some such thing.  I learned something new: conditioner is your friend - in such a situation; soaking the wad up with some conditioner got it greased up enough to finally be able to pull it apart strand by strand.  Got the brush out and she went and showered the conditioner out, and came out happy as a duck in the rain - not at all what it was like while we wer trying to get it untangled, two upset, sobbing little girls, aughh!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Tomorrow will be a better day: I have to tear into the brakes on my Tundra.  :wink:  :wink:
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

Decisions made....  scrap metal pile is what this Simca will be.

I've decided the drag race thing is over for me.

Gonna scrap this Simca car.  the 1962 Morris minor will be cut up too :evil:

There are many parts to return to friends, those  parts were loaned to me.

I have a slight possible deal on my 1962 Falcon going away in a trade deal.

Thinking : I am gonna go back to daily driver street cars, whiz on the drag race deal as a participant
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)