What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I got started working on the junk.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"picked up my shop plans yesterday, I need the truss calc/stamped sheet and then I can submit to the city

Looks good. Plenty of room. You have a straight shot at parking the trailer?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"

The trailer will not be a straight shot back off the street/house, but still pretty simple.  My main focus is the appearance of the house and back yard....then trailer backing second.  I don't want to look out the patio every day and see the shop and the front of a trailer.  Maybe Im getting old to think that way?

chimp koose

Got back from a trip to Kelowna today . Went to my aunt & uncles 60th anniversary.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Crosley"

The trailer will not be a straight shot back off the street/house, but still pretty simple.  My main focus is the appearance of the house and back yard....then trailer backing second.  I don't want to look out the patio every day and see the shop and the front of a trailer.  Maybe Im getting old to think that way?

May be an age thing.  Or a smart thing

You've seen my shop a few times. Several friends suggested a metal building that would have cost half of what I spent.

A metal building would not have looked correct as the building I have that matches the house design.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Since we are discussing age...I will point out that today is the most important day of the year in my household (at least that is what I constantly remind the wife unit of). I have reached 44 today.

58 Yeoman

Happy Birthday, Glen...you young pup...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

GPster

Quote from: "Glen"I have reached 44 today.
Never did reach 44. I got to 38 once but then my legs started to appear shorter so I backed off. Now I just stay around 33. GPster

kb426

TEAM SMART

Carnut

Good going Glen.

By GPster's reasoning I've been up to 44 but lately I'm getting back to 42.

Another project for team smart for me:

Blood on the Washer.

I can't believe this.

I was sitting in the living room at my laptop last night and started to smell nail polish, or paint thinner.

Just a few whiffs at first and then even more as time passed.

My house normally has a smell to it because of Shadow's remains, and my lack of housecleaning and such.

Anyhow, it started getting overpowering as I sit and wondered what the heck was going on.

Refrigerant leak? an ink pen leak, a bottle of something tipped over and finally leaking?

So, got up and tried to follow my sniffer around.

It wasn't too hard to follow it back to my washer/drier area adjacent to my dinning/kitchen in the wall next to the garage.

Opened up the doors and much to my horror, My open washer was covered in blood splatters all down the open door, over both sides of open top and all down the agitator.

Upon further analysis it turned out to be Chevrolet Engine Orange paint.

I've had 3 cans of Krylon Engine Orange spray paint on the shelf above the washer since back when we put the 350 Chevy engine in my 40 back in 89.

Kinda thought it would last longer inside instead of out in the garage with it's range of temps. Never gave it any thought.

Now it appears the bottom of the can finally rusted thru and let the paint spay out all over my washer.

Doesn't appear there's much I can do about it now, except let the paint dry, which it pretty much has now, and just use it as a very colorfully spotted washer.

Guess I should take the remaining two cans out to the garage now.

At least my house now smells like a paint shop.

GPster

Quote from: "Carnut"Good going Glen.

By GPster's reasoning  Chevrolet Engine Orange paint.
I've had 3 cans of Krylon Engine Orange spray paint on the shelf above the washer since back when we put the 350 Chevy engine in my 40 back in 89.
let the paint dry, which it pretty much has now, and just use it as a very colorfully spotted washer.
Guess I should take the remaining two cans out to the garage now..
You've got two more cans of a matching color, no telling how long these cans will last because they were stored under the same conditions for the same amount of time. I'd use them to paint everything else around the washer, You don't know what they'll paint in the garage. The only place safe for them there would be under the hood of the '40. GPster

Arnold

Quote from: "Carnut"Good going Glen.

By GPster's reasoning I've been up to 44 but lately I'm getting back to 42.

Another project for team smart for me:

Blood on the Washer.

I can't believe this.

I was sitting in the living room at my laptop last night and started to smell nail polish, or paint thinner.

Just a few whiffs at first and then even more as time passed.

My house normally has a smell to it because of Shadow's remains, and my lack of housecleaning and such.

Anyhow, it started getting overpowering as I sit and wondered what the heck was going on.

Refrigerant leak? an ink pen leak, a bottle of something tipped over and finally leaking?

So, got up and tried to follow my sniffer around.

It wasn't too hard to follow it back to my washer/drier area adjacent to my dinning/kitchen in the wall next to the garage.

Opened up the doors and much to my horror, My open washer was covered in blood splatters all down the open door, over both sides of open top and all down the agitator.

Upon further analysis it turned out to be Chevrolet Engine Orange paint.

Kinda thought it would last longer inside instead of out in the garage with it's range of temps. Never gave it any thought.

Now it appears the bottom of the can finally rusted thru and let the paint spay out all over my washer.

Doesn't appear there's much I can do about it now, except let the paint dry, which it pretty much has now, and just use it as a very colorfully spotted washer.

Guess I should take the remaining two cans out to the garage now.

At least my house now smells like a paint shop.

Well...there was a thread about getting the marble out of an aerosol can..
  Let the can rust..out comes the paint..let it rust some more.. :idea:
  I don't believe your idea was mentioned :oops:

Sorry about your mess..
  Actually..appliance paint..pretty hard stuff! I bet if you used some sort of paint thinner/mineral spirits/lacquer thinner quick you might be able to get a lot of that off.

enjenjo

I saw the pictures, before I read the story, and thought Oh CRAP!

The wife and I drove up to Muskegon to pick up some fenders from PhatRat. He lives so far out in the Woods, he had to used an ax to keep the mosquitoes at bay.  :roll: We had a short visit, nice, but we had to head back
home.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "enjenjo"I saw the pictures, before I read the story, and thought Oh CRAP!

The wife and I drove up to Muskegon to pick up some fenders from PhatRat. He lives so far out in the Woods, he had to used an ax to keep the mosquitoes at bay.  :roll: We had a short visit, nice, but we had to head back
home.

Shoulda shouted.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"I saw the pictures, before I read the story, and thought Oh CRAP!

home.

Yea. and you left the car door open so you could capture some of the best breeders. I hope they do well for you. If you breed them with those from Ohio it's sure to improve the breed down there.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.