What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

Put a new crossbed box on my truck this morning; got out before it got hot, but the sun heated up the truck bed long before the air got uncomfortable - scorched my arm pits reaching over the side, and my knees crawling around in the bed.  Now I can get all my stuff out of the cab and be able to use the back seat to sit on instead of to keep tools and junk in.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

wayne petty

anybody else up watching lemans on speed.. or streaming it??

http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette

gets you in the car with the #73 corvette..

only about 2 hours to go..

enjenjo

Among other things I spent the last three days rebuilding the mower deck. I found two spindle bearings bad, and one idler bearing bad. The other idler bearing was replaced two weeks ago.

I also found that the mounting rods were all worn out, so I am rebuilding all of that too. Parts should be here tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rer_239

installed new door drivers side door latch and adjusted carb level.

phat rat

I got home this morning with the results of my tin hunt
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"I got home this morning with the results of my tin hunt

Wow, are all those bodies spoken for?

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

That is a nice looking bunch Jack.

I assembled the tilt column today, and just this minute realized I left a part out. At least I can install it without a complete teardown. Then I made some fence for fatcat's soda booth.

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "phat rat"I got home this morning with the results of my tin hunt

Wow, are all those bodies spoken for?

At this time only one is already sold. The black roadster body, the one on top, is going to Pennsylvania. All others are available, although tonight I took them to a local cruise night and one guy wants the Hudson so back he could taste it. He wanted to do some trading but I wasn't interested in a 29 Chrysler 4dr for the cpe and the other roadster

58 Yeoman

Do you have all these cars/parts lined up before you go, or do you out, then find them?  Seems like you always come back with a full load.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Do you have all these cars/parts lined up before you go, or do you out, then find them?  Seems like you always come back with a full load.

I had four of these bodies and one more bought before I left. I start looking months before I leave. The one roadster body had been waiting at my sons place in Mt. since last fall.

enjenjo

Josh and I mowed the grass today. He bought a 54" Toro zero turn, and wanted to try it out. My mower works good with the rebuilt deck, but it is much slower than the zero turn.

I took the steering column I did apart, and installed the missing pieces. I needed a puller to get the top off without damage, I have wanted one for a long time,so today I made one, it works slick, pictures when I get it cleaned up and painted.

rer_239

had company all day.  but yesterday i figured out how to adjust the valves in my engine (flathead) and put it back together.  ran much better wife & i celebrated w/crunchy munchy peanut butter @ the local ice cream shop.  2 goods, car & ice cream.

* :lol:

Glen

picked up my shop plans yesterday, I need the truss calc/stamped sheet and then I can submit to the city.

[/img]

kb426

I finished texturing and painting a bathroom ceiling. I spent some time with a water hose washing the dirt out of the corners of the 51 Ford cab. I didn't find any surprises. It's been around a 100 everyday for two weeks. Today was only 84. Little humid.  :D
TEAM SMART