What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Crosley"koool....  I looked up the address in Google maps...  Looks like th e  back yard will need a few trees trimmed for a work shop and trailer parking.

Tuesday they took out three trees and 15 bushes.  I hate bogenvilla's they are messy.  Unfortunately I had to take out two orange trees for the shop.

I hate bogenvilla plants for same reason...  just installed 3 of them ,  on purpose
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

the old house went on the market yesterday morning and I had an offer last night so now I get to deal with that part.

Good news....the house sold on the first day.  we signed the contract today.

My builder has been drawing up plans for the new shop....I like my old shop, just plan to change a few items and increase the size from 750 sq. feet to 1200 sq. feet.

chimp koose

Put the coupe body on the frame for mock up tonight.Looks good.

Crosley.In.AZ

the old house went on the market yesterday morning and I had an offer last night so now I get to deal with that part.

Good news....the house sold on the first day.  we signed the contract today.

My builder has been drawing up plans for the new shop....I like my old shop, just plan to change a few items and increase the size from 750 sq. feet to 1200 sq. feet.

Kool ....  You had the house priced correctly.    

Laura and you kept the place in good shape.   );b(

1200 sq feet is size of my first house we owned in 1973
Tony

58 Yeoman

Cool.  My present house is a little over 1500 feet, the shop is about 1000.  Never big enough.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

WZ JUNK

I am finishing up the work on the flat cad Bonneville car.  I designed and built an aero front end for the car.  The air dam, fenders, hood side panels and hood are all removable with dzus fasteners.  Everything but the radiator support and grille can be removed by one person in less than five minuets.  I made the fiberglass grille and the two teardrop bubbles on the side a couple of years ago.  It is not noticeable in the picture but the front is flat and V shaped up to just above the opening for the grille.  The design is to make the air go around the car rather than over the top.  The hood scoop slips over the inlet for the Enderle injector went you put the hood on the car.  All the air that inters the scoop inlet goes directly into the engine.  The same design that I built for Hooley's Studebaker a few years ago.  At the rear of the car I have made a large spoiler with large vertical spill plates that are going to act more like rudders than spill plates.

Cars that run at Bonneville take on some odd shapes.  Part of reason has to do with the high speeds but also partly because of limitations of some very unusual rules.  This car will run in two classes, Competition Coupe and Altered.  Altered rules do not allow any streamlining, so most of the panels I made will be removed to run in the altered class.  The front axle will also be changed as the axle in the picture is a very narrow custon axle.

This has been a tough project and it has took its toll on me.  I have Hooley's car to do next and then I am going to take a brake.  I may take up stamp collecting.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

John, I'm pretty sure you won't be a stamp collector! :lol: Most of us that are really involved with a project understand the "drain" on us. I expect you to be ready to go in short order. Do you think a week or two will be enough to be ready?
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

dog was having a fit last night at 10pm... I head out front door.  Catch 6 kids climbing over my 6 foot chain link fence.  Now , they are nice pleasant LDS kids trespassing on my property, bending my fence as they climb it.

I talked to a neighbor that is an "elder " or something in the LDS church up the road.  He knows the  familys. I told him , next time I call the PD.  I will call the PD every  time I see them.  GIve the kids a little police history for future endevors in life.

what peeves me off so much , the arrogant attitude they have. They are doing nothing wrong, my fence is in their way, why did I put that fence up.  Their parents are not much better... been there, done it with the parents too.  One * that lives south of me told me my section of  neighborhood was  built wrong.  LOL
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

acquired this Monte Carlo, towed home on my stretcher.  1983 unit, I bought from the original owner in 1994.  I owned it from 1994 till 2000 , sold it to my brother.  

It has sit since 2007 with little driving, some 3 day trip permits used to move the car around

Originally sold at local MidWay Chevy dealer.  Original sheetmetal.  no major collisions.

Interior is decent shape still.  blue in color.

You technical guys will notice the Buick wheels. I had chevy logo stickers on center caps.  Tyres are rotted
Tony

enjenjo

The Green AD Chevy truck left today, the one I finished a couple years ago. A couple days after it was finished the finish on the wood floor in the bed started bubbling. I told him I would fix it.

I believe the problem was incompatibility between the base coat and the final finish. So to eliminate the problem, I bought more black walnut, cut new boards, and used a different finishing system, doing every step to the manufacturers recommendations.

I had to pull the bed off the truck to install the new wood, most of the bolts could not be reached with the bed installed. Since it has to go to the body shop to have the fender fixed from a junk tire blowing, I made some filler panels for the running boards, and modified an apron that did not fit right.

I told him this time the warrentee was void at the end of the driveway. I had $800 invested in fixing it this time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Our school had its car show today. It rained a bit. It has rained each year at the show. Took my T coupe work in progress there. It is kind of weird how it looks  so different when you can look at it from a distance. I am so used to walking past it or seeing it from 5' away. I kind of forgot how it looks from a distance.

Charlie Chops 1940

Out in the shop doing some putter work on the track roadster while glancing up at the 500 now and then. Probably haven't the race on in 20 years or more. Boy, have the  cars changed...but still an Andretti dicing up front.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

39deluxe

Quote from: "enjenjo"The Green AD Chevy truck left today, the one I finished a couple years ago. A couple days after it was finished the finish on the wood floor in the bed started bubbling. I told him I would fix it.

I believe the problem was incompatibility between the base coat and the final finish. So to eliminate the problem, I bought more black walnut, cut new boards, and used a different finishing system, doing every step to the manufacturers recommendations.

Can you run the old boards through a planer to remove the finish and have a clean surface  to refinish?

Crosley.In.AZ

Can not get this tire to hold air...
Tony

58 Yeoman

Try a little Green Slime, Tony...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil