What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

My condolences also. It's tough to lose a good friend, especially when it's so sudden.

sirstude

Sorry to hear that John.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

Boyd Who

Crosley.In.AZ

John , sorry to read that.  RIP  Gary
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

I made a tool for adjusting dzus fastener springs.   I welded a steel dzus to a old T handle and ground down the weld.   You slide the tool through the hole and turn the tool so that it hooks the spring.  You can pull or push to adjust the spring so that it holds the fasteners correctly.  I was tired of the old needle nose pliers and screwdriver method.  I am sure that this is not a new idea but I had not seen one
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Glen

I have gone from car builder and fabricator to domestic home improver.
We moved in the new house last weekend.

We have the steel to build some new gates this weekend.  The posts are 4x4x.180 steel sq. tube.  the gates are 2x2x.120 sq tube, the plan is to cover them with sheetmetal and let them rust and patina up.  Should look cool and modern.

I also bought a bunch of glass block tonight, I have three 6ft. tall windows on the garage that are only about 9" wide, the glass block will fit right in.

enjenjo

You move fast, don't you?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

Quote from: "enjenjo"You move fast, don't you?

Ya...I am a very impatient person.  We closed Friday last week and Tuesday I had 6 contractors here working.

the old house went on the market yesterday morning and I had an offer last night so now I get to deal with that part.

Digger

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I made a tool for adjusting dzus fastener springs.   I welded a steel dzus to a old T handle and ground down the weld.   You slide the tool through the hole and turn the tool so that it hooks the spring.  You can pull or push to adjust the spring so that it holds the fasteners correctly.  I was tired of the old needle nose pliers and screwdriver method.  I am sure that this is not a new idea but I had not seen one
Great idea! I'm going to steal it. );b(
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

phat46

Planted two Montmorecy cherry trees today. That seems easy enough, but it took nearly a week to do it. My wife wanted them for her birthday last Sunday so we went and bought them and then she decided she wanted them right where our Mulberry tree was. So after cutting the tree down, bundling the branches for the city to pick up, hauling the big wood to my nephews to burn we got the trees plated today. Oh yeah, the chainsaw took a dump in the middle of tree cutting and the city now charges $40 to come and pick up branches , it was free just last year. I told my wife that there better be some good cherry pies from these trees!  :D

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"I have gone from car builder and fabricator to domestic home improver.

We have the steel to build some new gates this weekend.  The posts are 4x4x.180 steel sq. tube.  the gates are 2x2x.120 sq tube, the plan is to cover them with sheetmetal and let them rust and patina up.  Should look cool and modern.

I also bought a bunch of glass block tonight, I have three 6ft. tall windows on the garage that are only about 9" wide, the glass block will fit right in.

koool....  I looked up the address in Google maps...  Looks like th e  back yard will need a few trees trimmed for a work shop and trailer parking.

Sorry I was not able to help you move.  With my health troubles now, I am kinda a slow moving  worthless putz any more
Tony

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"koool....  I looked up the address in Google maps...  Looks like th e  back yard will need a few trees trimmed for a work shop and trailer parking.

Tuesday they took out three trees and 15 bushes.  I hate bogenvilla's they are messy.  Unfortunately I had to take out two orange trees for the shop.

wayne petty

Quote from: "Glen"I have gone from car builder and fabricator to domestic home improver.

if the hinges are up to it...  you might think about filling the bottom tube with some sand.. then seal it in..  gives the gate some weight... less chance of rattling and sounding tinny when closing it..

also depends if its a rolling gate or a swinging gate... rolling gates don't need it usually..  swinging gates make them into a dead blow hammer ..

i always found this catalog handy when building gates for jobs...

http://ramcaststeel.net/ornamental_designs.html

there is a download link there..  start looking down around page 47 for gate and fence decor items...

just a thought...

Crosley.In.AZ

looking for header flanges I had cut out 12 - 15 yrs ago.  I found a use for them today , if I can find them,   if I have them still.  :lol:
Tony