What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Gee Frank, I thought that should buff out.  :D You've done the right thing. The owner should be proud of who he chose to do his work. On April 12, my son closed on a fannie mae repo. I have been spending a lot of time over there. I'm real close to completion. I rewired, gutted the bathroom, replaced all the entrance doors, painted and repaired sheetrock, cut new base boards, re-plumbed a lot, new water heater, and lots of small repair work. He'll get moved in a couple of days. It's about time for hotrod stuff. :lol:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Crosley , that tire can still hold air ,just a little at the top!

phat rat

Crosley, what's the problem it's only flat and torn on the bottom?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Headed to a show this AM with the Ugly Olds ... Had to charge the battery before we left as it was DEAD .... Very strange .. It was fine during the recent engine repairs & road test after....I am sure nothing was left on .. Oh well ... Got it running & verified that it was charging ..drove approx 30 miles to the "breakfast stop" ... Dead again ... Boosted it & brought it back home .. :( ..
The electrical testing will begin in the AM ...  :idea:

The good news is the steering shaft modifications & adding the Air Lift bags to the rear springs make all the difference in the world ... It rides & steers 300% better that before ... 8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat rat"Crosley, what's the problem it's only flat and torn on the bottom?

Looks to have fairly decent tread also .... :?
Maybe just use the top part   :?:  :idea:
I thinks it's a "keeper" .......

Bob... :wink:

Glen

Here are my gates I said I was going to build.

4x4 main post .180 wall with 2x2x.120 wall runners.

and yes...that right panel is low...I have to raise it a little, no concrete yet.

The game plan is to fill them somewhat like this or maybe just a solid panel with some waterjet work:

And yes Tony...the wife was helping too.

I got these hinges and advice from a pro....These hinges are rated up to 2000 lbs., they have an internal bearing and are slotted on top for adjustment.

UGLY OLDS

Glen ... Is the gate going to be a "swinging" operation (as on hinges) or a "rolling" operation" ..( Rolling or sliding to the side ?? )  :?:  
Also ..Do you need any special zoning or "approval" from your neighbors to build your shop & fence in the area ??  

Just wondering ... 8)

Bob ..... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Here are my gates I said I was going to build.

And yes Tony...the wife was helping too.

I do not see any grass yet.  I know Laura likes to mow the grass since she did ALL the yard work at your old house.

The dog may want some grass too?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Glen ... Is the gate going to be a "swinging" operation

Two swinging gates.  No special requirements for zoning, this is zone for horses/livestock so its pretty loose.

I put the post in this morning before lunch, ended up using 35 60lb. bags of concrete.

Tony....There is a small section of grass in the back yard.

phat rat

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Glen ... Is the gate going to be a "swinging" operation

Two swinging gates.  No special requirements for zoning, this is zone for horses/livestock so its pretty loose.

I put the post in this morning before lunch, ended up using 35 60lb. bags of concrete.

Tony....There is a small section of grass in the back yard.

35 bags, 2100# of cement! Or was that supposed to be 3 1/2 bags?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Glen

Quote from: "phat rat"
35 bags, 2100# of cement! Or was that supposed to be 3 1/2 bags?

Yep....35 bags in the ground today before lunch.  I have six left to start on the other side of the yard.  The dirt was very hard...nobody has been in there for years, I used a jackhammer to cut down.

This one is locked in well by the driveway.  I cut it out with a saw and then dug it out in a pyramid shaped hole getting wider at the bottom.

This one I bridge the two together with a 8" deep runner between the two posts.

I still have to make a six foot gate here too.

Glen

check out this house around the corner.

39deluxe

It looks like it should get the job done.

Tom

Glen

Gate-a-palooza 2013 continues

We will probably waterjet some kind of design in the panel later.  I didn't weld them on, I tapped the tubing and bolted them onto to the square tubing.

58 Yeoman

I'm working for a new company today, Mexichem Specialty Resins.  They bought the company I've worked for for over 38 years; better bennies, same pay, same seniority.  Life could be good.  But...retirement comes sometime in the next two years anyway.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil