What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

Wow, cool bike, Doug! I had a '73 Yamaha 650 for awhile.

Ohio Blue Tip

Camping at Knoxville, going to nats south tomorrow.
May be looking for a new small welder for sheet metal.  My big Hobart is not real good on thin stuff.  
Been on the road for over a week, having a great time.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

enjenjo

I tinkered with the green 47 Chevy truck I finished a couple years ago today. I had to repair the turn signal switch, repair a remote door opener, and rewire the window switches. Then went back to work on Josh's Mustang.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I could shovel some snow this morning but I will not as it should rain today and melt it away.  This is the first measurable amount of snow, during the month of May, in the recorded history for our area.  Leaves on the trees, green grass, flowers blooming and it all covered with snow.  This is strange weather.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Worked on a DIY rebuilt (??) T-350  trans.  Always amazing to learn new stuff that can be wrong or ignored.

Extensive rust in the pump passages, gears ground into sides and cover of the pump.  Worn out bushings re-used, corrosion on sealing surfaces causing leaks.  Parts missing

Only correct item was the valve body build   and he bought that from a supplier.

Job security

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

We have a new employee , a young girl working in the front office.  taking are of general office work to take some load off the staff

I learned her name is Shelby, dark hair, good looker.  Of course , I wonder  if her dads name is Frank Kocinski.  8)

I doubt it is our Shelby, since she is asleep upstairs.
Tony

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"We have a new employee , a young girl working in the front office.  taking are of general office work to take some load off the staff

I learned her name is Shelby, dark hair, good looker.  Of course , I wonder  if her dads name is Frank Kocinski.  8)

I bet I know her.  It has been fun to watch her grow up.  I can not believe she is out on her own.  The years move by so fast.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crosley"We have a new employee , a young girl working in the front office.  taking are of general office work to take some load off the staff

I doubt it is our Shelby, since she is asleep upstairs.

Not sure?  I dont have an "upstairs" at this house

:?:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Installed new front brake rotors on my 2006 Silverado truck today.  43k miles and they are slightly warped , driving me crazy on stops when they warm up.  Same brake pads used,  The pads are like new since this is not a Ford truck.  The 2001 F-150 truck I had ate front brake pads in 28k miles.

Modified a small landscape light fixture with a new socket for a LED bulb.  Works well, wife likes it, a win - win .  Will modify a few more light fixtures for LED bulb use. Save some electrical power
Tony

chimp koose

Tried to fix a ford truck of mine. 84 f150  351W/H.O. . My daughter got her license this week so its time to make this thing run.Did intake gaskets as there was a vacuum leak but I am still having trouble with the carb.QFT slayer 600cfm.Nice carb but I have the idle screws turned in to 1/2 turn before seated and if I turn them all in it will still run.Float level is fine ,it has the sight glasses in the bowls. I dont think it is a power valve deal because it idles nice ,just seems rich.I am thinking my air bleeds are plugged .This truck bites my butt every time I work on it.

wayne petty

its been a rough week here..

family matters... and mom.. not feeling or doing well..

then today... i got a call from a customer... van won't start..

went over to where he was ..   found this when i pulled the distributer cap...

i rarely see a rotor burned this bad... it was burned right thru..

Carps

I've had this car in my head for a few years now and finally after all the parts selecting and mocking up, I'm getting started, using the old AMT kit shown.

This mock up pic should give an idea of where it's headed, nothing radical, just a nice clean late fifties/early sixties style '40 coupe.

The beginning of wheel cap detailing, can you guess what colour it's going to be?

Meanwhile, here's the donk, it comes from the same '57 'Vette that supplied the wheel caps, with the trans crossmember removed and a little trimming inside the X member brace it fits like it was meant to be there.

Here it is wired, plumbed and ready to go.

The wheels look good fully detailed and the body has taken a bit of work  to get right.............

............including re-radiusing the rear wheel arches, think the fronts need some work also.

So, after touching up the front wheel arches I got stuck into laying on some colour.

I now remember why I gave up painting cars as soon as I finished my apprenticeship, although not too much screwed up and I'm almost happy with the end result.  So while the paint was drying I got stuck into the interior.

Pretty straight forward, using the parts in the kit and some brush and paint detailing.  The dash and dials don't look as good as they will tomorrow, coz I shot these pics before the liquid 'lens' material had cured clear.

I swear the engine fitted before I added colour (one reason I hate paint, it changes everything) and then it didn't fit anymore.  Had to relocate the generator for fender well clearance, all else is OK.

The 'guards and bonnet have had a coat or two of Future Floor Polish, applied by airbrush.  This is the first time I've used this stuff even tho a lot of model builders swear by it.  The paint is enamel and with so much metal in it, dries a tad flat and since I hade no enamel clear coat, I figured I'd give it a try.  Seems to work OK, but I guess only time will tell, I hope I can use auto wax on it like I would to bring out the shine on regular clear coat.

The bumpers are the stock units from the kit with the overiders removed and then refinished with Alclad Chrome, I seem to be getting better with this stuff, although it's still not perfect.  I'm also a bit bummed that the Studebaker tailamps don't sit neatly on the fenders.  Being so small they're impossible to trial fit, maybe next time I'll sand the surface flat so they sit down nicely.  The red and white pinstriping seems to reduce the big expanse of blue on the boot lid perfectly.

Still a few details to complete before final assembly but I reckon by tomorow night it will be finished and on the shelf.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chris spokes

8)  nice work carps, did you do the striping or is it a sticker
he who has the most toys wins

enjenjo

Did you do the pin striping, or is it a decal?

enjenjo

I guess great minds think alike Chris.