What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Crosley"note to self....  when figuring out why the plasma cutter is not running, plug it in.  plugging in  the welder will not power the plasma machine .

I find myself changing the propane tank on my lift truck at work, but forgetting to turn on the valve.  I don't get very far before it dies. :lol:

At least you are working with one forklift ..  :lol:

I was standing there looking at the extension cord with the plug in it from my mig welder, wondering why the plasma machine would not come on with the switch.  :idea:  On the third check , I realized my mistake.   :arrow:  My life aint very interesting any more.

:T)

Yesterday, Josh tried to plug the Metabo into the air hose, put them both down, picked up the extension cord, and the air sander, and tried to connect them. I told him it was time for a break.

I am putting together my wife's laptop.Shelby and her tore it apart a couple weeks ago to " clean the fan". the fan was bad, it took two weeks to get another one, now I am putting it together. About a 50 percent chance it will work. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

Sorry to hear about putting the pet down. Yes we have all had that sad experience and it is true that they will tough it out far more than we could ever imagine. We put our cat down a few years ago with similar fluid filled lungs.This cat was my son's first pet. Unconditional love is what they give us , unselfish love is what we show them by ending their quiet suffering.

Arnold

Quote from: "chimp koose"Sorry to hear about putting the pet down. Yes we have all had that sad experience and it is true that they will tough it out far more than we could ever imagine. We put our cat down a few years ago with similar fluid filled lungs.This cat was my son's first pet. Unconditional love is what they give us , unselfish love is what we show them by ending their quiet suffering.

Warning about pet cremation:

When the time comes you will be very,very vulnerable.
  You will probably be offered options. This will probably be one of them.
   Here where I am..about 1 1/2 hrs NW of Toronto...the cost varies
from about $150-(on average..about $1500-$2000) - $800.
  Your regular vet might try and "sell you"..'"Upsell you"
  There are a LOT! of "options". The choice can be dizzying.
   Yes..sadly..there are even options..that sound cheaper..where you
do not get the ashes back!
  Urns,little caskets..some places are not cheap..you get your pets ashes back in a bag!
   My own vet almost had me..around $800..I would get the ashes back in a bag. I was still thinking about burying him at home. 110lb dog.
I asked my vet if I could bring him up in my work van and have him put to sleep in there..at the vet's..and brng him back home and bury him.
AFTER the "sales" pitch about the cremation..I was told that it would be an EXTRA house call..visit..as the vet had to LEAVE the premises..to put my dog down in HIS  PARKING LOT IN my van.
  Always reassuring to see that even in your weakest moments..
  THERE ARE DIRT BAGS!
  I could barely even think at this point. I did manage to do some shopping around. I found a place $150..I get the ashes back..it was about a 2 hr drive. More shopping..I found a place..I think it was $300..close to me..I get the ashes back in a bag or container.
 I picked up the ashes in a very nice blue gift box..with a very nice card.
Inside was a meticulously wrapped really BEAUTIFUL :D little casket..with my dog's name on it. This vet was reccommend to me by my g/f who does a lot of business with them. I hesitated to ask if there were any other charges..they said they had quoted me $300 and there was some confusion..the ashes were put in a bag..inside this little casket..and no..we were all good..$300.A cabinet maker friend said they did not charge me for the casket..forgot? because it was a rare type of rosewood.It is really some piece of woodworkng/craftsmanship.

Coincidentally I had a talk show on and a lot of people phoned in and said they were caught off guard at their weakest moment..and paid from
$1500-$2000 for cremation..some getting their ashes back in cheap tacky bags.

GPster

We have been dealing with the same vet for over 40 years. He was doing his intern ship with our regular vet when we started. We rescued a vet from a farm that was the son's of a friend of ours. He was a yellow lab and had ripped his chest open on a barbed wire fence. He was friendly to everyone that saw him and we had the occasion to go to the farm and he came running to meet us with his chest torn open. The son was just going to let him die or treat him with a "Lead Pill". We took him and to our vet who saved him and boarded him for 13 days for healing. He came home and got along famously with our other dog and after 2 days our house was flooded by the Ohio/Muskingum rivers and they both went to the vet's to be boarded for 3 more days. He lived with us for 7 more years and had to be put down because his arthritis got so bad he could hardly move. I had been taking him for shots once a week but when he couldn't help I couldn't lift him into the car. Our vet came and "Put Him Down" at our house and took him to bury him on his farm. Our first dog was a registered Sheep Dog and when had to have him put down when he was 2 1/2 because his mind snapped. Every other dog (many)  have been  humane society rescues and we loved them all. We were on a trip one time and spotted a lost pit bull pup in a rain storm. We rescued him, doctored him and took him to a pit bull rescue in Georgia. We love our animals and they love us back. I don't think we will develop the same feeling for our chickens but I don't think when they're put down we'll cook them and eat them. GPster

GPster

P and V aren't even close on the keyboard. We saved a PET from the farm. GPster

Carnut

Oh gee, so sorry for you all who have had to put down a treasured friend.

I'm still missing my 18.5yr old Shadow after having to have her put down back in september.

http://carnut.com/pets/shadow.html

I was bawling like a baby when I finally loaded her into my car to take her to a vet. She had been laying immoble in the back yard for 2 days, not taking any food, only sipping on water from a bowl I would lift her head to get to. I finally decided it was time.

When I finally got to the vet, I could barely screech out that I had a dog that I thought needed to be put down. I carried her into the office and to a room where the ladies in charge 'managed' me to get it all done.

When asked what to do with the remains, I chose to have her cremated and I didn't want the ashes. It cost me $70, so I guess I made out well on the costs involved, I think I came across as a really poor old guy loosing his best friend so I got lots of tender care there.

Still not over losing Shadow. Been tearing up a bit reading all the posts above. Heh Heh, especially Crosleys electrical post.

Glen

Somewhere there is a lonely dog with no home.  Contact a rescue group or kennel and go rescue him.

I had to put two of mine down in one year.  I couldn't get the words out to the vet either.

Boyd Who

My heart goes out to you guys who've lost your pets. To some people they're just animals. To most of us, they're family. I had to have my cat put down 3 years ago. Cried like a baby when I called the vet. Luckily he does house calls so I didn't have to traumatize my little guy with a final trip to the vet. I had him cremated and his ashes are in a tiny urn in my china cabinet.

Boyd Who

Not today, but last Sunday I bought this little gem...

It's a '68 Bonneville 650. I'll be picking it up on the 12th and hope to be riding it by the end of the month, if we ever get rid of all the * snow!

Mikej

You bought a couple of saws. Thats great........ :lol:  The motor cycle is pretty nice too.

UGLY OLDS

[
Quotequote="Mikej"]You bought a couple of saws. Thats great........ :lol:

It looks like the saws may be computer controled also.... :shock:

Oh ya ..... Nice Scooter ..... :lol:

Bob.......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tom36

after a lot of trial and error, this looks to be the final design to hold my hood top down. Fabricated brackets on the firewall will catch spring loaded arms to hold the hood down and tight.  tom...

Boyd Who

Yep...bought a CNC table saw!  :lol:

I messed around with a few British bikes back in the 80's and always wanted another one. I sure hope my back can handle the rigid frame...I'm not as young as I was back then.  :P

phat46

Quote from: "tom36"after a lot of trial and error, this looks to be the final design to hold my hood top down. Fabricated brackets on the firewall will catch spring loaded arms to hold the hood down and tight.  tom...

Nice work!

sirstude

a Friend of mine sent me this picture of a bike from my past.  My dad was a Yamaha dealer in the 60's and 70's and this was one of our flattrack bikes.  At the time of the picture it was set up for the local hillclimb.  The serial number on this 650 was 000002.  Sure wish I knew what ever happened to it.  At the time we were running it, Kenny Rogers was running a 650 Yamaha for K&N engineering and going pretty well.  We called them up and they told us everything that they had done to his bike and we built a clone of it.  750 kit, weber cams, 34 Mukini's, trackmaster frame and the rest of the goodies.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us