What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Josh got the other side of the Mustang done today, in primer, and seam sealed. I tore down a couple T5 trans trying to find enough parts to build one good one. I have everything but a front bearing retainer.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Ohio Blue Tip

Camping in Kentucky, going to Nats south.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

papastoyss

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Camping in Kentucky, going to Nats south.

Maybe we'll see you there. One of many red '40 Ford coupes.Swap meet is real good,but not as good as Kzoo. We usually park right below the swap Fri. am. David & Sue Midgett
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

sirstude

Just had to put our 12 year old Golden Retriever down this morning.  She has been under the weather this week and just breathing really hard.  Took her in this morning and her lungs were full of liquid and she had a large mass in her belly.  The vet couldn't understand how she was upright and wagging her tail.  There was only one lobe of her lungs that had air in it.

One of the harder things I have ever done, but we have a responsibility to our pets to give them the best life we can and not let them suffer.  They give us all they can.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat46

Quote from: "sirstude"Just had to put our 12 year old Golden Retriever down this morning.  She has been under the weather this week and just breathing really hard.  Took her in this morning and her lungs were full of liquid and she had a large mass in her belly.  The vet couldn't understand how she was upright and wagging her tail.  There was only one lobe of her lungs that had air in it.

One of the harder things I have ever done, but we have a responsibility to our pets to give them the best life we can and not let them suffer.  They give us all they can.

Doug

Sorry to hear that. It's always hard to lose a good friend, two legs or four.

kb426

Doug, sorry to hear that. I know it's painful. Better days ahead. :cry:
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "sirstude"Just had to put our 12 year old Golden Retriever down this morning.  

Doug

yep , a tough deal.  I have a 8x10 foto on the wall of my last German Shepard dog : Flash ...  Still miss the big guy and that was near 10 yrs ago I put him down
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

note to self....  when figuring out why the plasma cutter is not running, plug it in.  plugging in  the welder will not power the plasma machine .
Tony

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"note to self....  when figuring out why the plasma cutter is not running, plug it in.  plugging in  the welder will not power the plasma machine .

I find myself changing the propane tank on my lift truck at work, but forgetting to turn on the valve.  I don't get very far before it dies. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Arnold

Quote from: "sirstude"Just had to put our 12 year old Golden Retriever down this morning.  She has been under the weather this week and just breathing really hard.  Took her in this morning and her lungs were full of liquid and she had a large mass in her belly.  The vet couldn't understand how she was upright and wagging her tail.  There was only one lobe of her lungs that had air in it.

Doug

I had to put my 13 y/o Labrador(American) down in November.
  Some days..you are further along than I am.
  When you say" One of the harder things I have ever done". I hear you.So do others.Losing your dog can be pretty severe. I have lost dogs before..but this time it really hurt.
  I think it is important to communicate with others that have been there.
  Thank you for sharing.
 Take Care

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

GPster

Last week I got to see first hand how you can use pieces of a Carrier roof top A/C unit's sheet-metal to piece together a Crosley, a AH Sprite and  Dodge roof panel. Tried to put what I learned in practice. Worked on the Jeepster today by trying to use grocery store shelves to make the floor between a Willys and an S10.'ll probably have to learn how to use that wire feed welder that I bought almost 20 years ago at "Sam's Club". This grocery store shelf metal is a bit thinner than the Sperry Rand Safe File metal that was heavy enough that I could "tack it" together with my "buzz box". Of course there's always "Pop Rivets". GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Crosley"note to self....  when figuring out why the plasma cutter is not running, plug it in.  plugging in  the welder will not power the plasma machine .

I find myself changing the propane tank on my lift truck at work, but forgetting to turn on the valve.  I don't get very far before it dies. :lol:

At least you are working with one forklift ..  :lol:

I was standing there looking at the extension cord with the plug in it from my mig welder, wondering why the plasma machine would not come on with the switch.  :idea:  On the third check , I realized my mistake.   :arrow:  My life aint very interesting any more.

:T)
Tony

phat rat

:[/quote]
I was standing there looking at the extension cord with the plug in it from my mig welder, wondering why the plasma machine would not come on with the switch.  :idea:  On the third check , I realized my mistake.   :arrow:  My life aint very interesting any more.

:T)[/quote]

At least you found it. Think how you would have felt if you'd taken it to someone to repair. :oops:  :oops:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

348tripower

Doug

So sorry to hear about the dog. And you did the right thing by not letting her suffer.  Mine are laying at my feet while I am typing this. Black lab is Jordan Yellow lab is Niko. I have had a virus for about a week and been doing nothing.They seem to understand that and keep close tabs on me.  That is unconditional love.
Don
Don Colliau