What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

In traffic today, under it's own power...  a Chevy Luv truck.  It was not smoking out the tail pipe.

it did not rumble like a V8 was in it..  It was the popular grey primer color
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

everything is moving well with our new home purchase so we started packing Friday night.  I started packing up the shop and unplugging things that are mounted in the floor.  The 3 phase converter and compressor were all hard wired into the shop.

We hope to close around the first of the month, its just over a half acre.

[

Carps

Quote from: "50 F1"Had a bad ice storm up here in Michigan.
Not familiar with this phenomenon, only ice we get down this way goes into a glass of scotch whiskey, but I'm thinking this isn't a good thing, hope you got thru without too much damage or too many frozen attachments.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Arnold

Quote from: "50 F1"Had a bad ice storm up here in Michigan. Power was out for 38 hours. Power just came on about a hour ago. It got cold in the house. 41*

Mike

We got the ice storm too. About 1 1/2 hrs NW of Toronto.

Broke off 3 limbs off my monster Willow tree. 2 were about 14" thick  and about 40' long and about 40 feet off the ground. They broke cleanly and came down ACROSS my road...and took out a piece of my fence.
The last one..about 20' off the ground did not break clean..and was too unstable to even put a ladder against it. I had  to secure a ladder to the back of my van..choke it with a long cable and pull it down with my van.

Spent yesterday behind my chainsaw.

Need 1 more day.

50 F1

No damage to the house. Just allot of downed branches. We have a small generator that we move from fridge to freezer to tv. Just a long time without power when I had stuff planned to do in the garage.

Mike

wayne petty

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "50 F1"Had a bad ice storm up here in Michigan. Power was out for 38 hours. Power just came on about a hour ago. It got cold in the house. 41*

Mike

We got the ice storm too. About 1 1/2 hrs NW of Toronto.

Broke off 3 limbs off my monster Willow tree. 2 were about 14" thick  and about 40' long and about 40 feet off the ground. They broke cleanly and came down ACROSS my road...and took out a piece of my fence.
The last one..about 20' off the ground did not break clean..and was too unstable to even put a ladder against it. I had  to secure a ladder to the back of my van..choke it with a long cable and pull it down with my van.

Spent yesterday behind my chainsaw.

Need 1 more day.

kinda related...

there was a news reporter here last year that made a trip to the national weather service..    one women who worked there mentioned that her job was to monitor the partials that come across from china...

when the smog blows across the pacific.. the particles that get here are so small that they do not attract enough water to make it rain.. it just stays as clouds...

but when there are dust storms across the gobi desert.. those partials are large enough to not only make it rain.. but to make it snow...

same effect as when dust storms blow west off the sahara desert into the atlantic.. when that happens.. it makes storms..  when there are massive amounts of particles.. it makes super storms..  these become hurricanes..

now.. what i want to know.. is do the dust storms out of arizona.. cause it to rain farther east...  and does the smog from southern california.. have anything to do with the drought in the mid west and the texas area..

sure would be nice to know what size the particles are... so perhaps... some of the water bomber jumbo jets could dispense them .. or air force bombers dispense them.. to create  rains downwind...

might be really nice to control some of the weather..

GPster

[quote="wayne petty] have anything to do with the drought in the mid west and the texas area.. sure would be nice to know what size the particles are... so perhaps... some of the water bomber jumbo jets could dispense them .. or air force bombers dispense them.. to create  rains downwind...

might be really nice to control some of the weather..[/quote]                       "Sky King" did that one time but the storm knocked out the radio in his plane and Miss Penny didn't know he was safe til the end of the episode. GPster

purplepickup

Quote from: "wayne petty"
...sure would be nice to know what size the particles are... so perhaps... some of the water bomber jumbo jets could dispense them .. or air force bombers dispense them.. to create  rains downwind...

Before you rent a bomber Wayne ya might want to check with Gov Moonbeam.  I'm sure he'd want to tax you for flying over his state dropping carbon atoms all over the place.  And the chem-trail conspiracy people always like to see things falling out of planes. :roll:

Kidding aside, I read where China has been seeding clouds to manipulate rainfall and temperature around Beijing.  They have increased their water reserves by over 10%.  Now my conspiracy laced brain is wondering if manipulating the weather will be used as a form of warfare once someone perfects it.  :(U)
George

wayne petty

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "wayne petty"
...sure would be nice to know what size the particles are... so perhaps... some of the water bomber jumbo jets could dispense them .. or air force bombers dispense them.. to create  rains downwind...

Before you rent a bomber Wayne ya might want to check with Gov Moonbeam.  I'm sure he'd want to tax you for flying over his state dropping carbon atoms all over the place.  And the chem-trail conspiracy people always like to see things falling out of planes. :roll:

Kidding aside, I read where China has been seeding clouds to manipulate rainfall and temperature around Beijing.  They have increased their water reserves by over 10%.  Now my conspiracy laced brain is wondering if manipulating the weather will be used as a form of warfare once someone perfects it.  :(U)

ok.. i won't mention my idea... to build a pair of back to back 8 foot diameter elbows.. that form a slightly tapered single outlet at the top... so on really smoggy days...   call up the wind machine rentals...  send a pair out.. turn them on blowing into the elbows...  in a normal position.. the air flow goes vertical and bumps constantly against the inversion layer... where cold air is pushing down on the warm air..   once the warm air can push thru the inversion layer.. this might move the smog upward.. but also the excess Ozone upward..

from some areas.. you can see air craft landing at LAX plowing wakes through the inversion layer.. like they were landing on a lake..

having some of the LAPD and LAFD choppers hover just above the inversion layer so their 125MPH down black will start the blending of the atmospheres.

if the updrafts were created next to the mountains.. it might also work..

lastly.. i wonder after looking at the number if electrical storms around the globe when viewed from the ISS...

if the lightening discharges are what causes the Ozone layer to form ...   lightening does create Ozone .. could that explain the ozone layers existence..

enjenjo

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Spent some time contemplating buying another car. I inherited a little bit of money from Karen when she passed last month and it would give me something nice to cruise around in while I work on the Essex. It's all original steel and has a 153ci Chevy "Iron Duke" 4-banger with a powerglide. Front end is a dropped I-beam and 4-bar, rear is an 8" with 4-bar. I have to call the owner today for more information on it.

That is a nice looking A
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boyd Who

It is, and I've always loved tubs. However, he's firm on his price and by the time I got it home it would be way over my budget due to taxes, transport, etc. I'm going to have to pass on it. On the plus side I'll still be plugging away at the Essex.

Carps

Quote from: "wayne petty"....  one women who worked there mentioned that her job was to monitor the partials that come across from china...

Man!  Is there nuthin that doesn't come from China these days?   :shock:
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "purplepickup"........I read where China has been seeding clouds to manipulate rainfall and temperature around Beijing.  They have increased their water reserves by over 10%.  Now my conspiracy laced brain is wondering if manipulating the weather will be used as a form of warfare once someone perfects it.

I have an easier way to manipulate the weather, just wash your your pride and joy which then must be driven to a fun place or parked out in the open.

Warning:  Do not park the freshly washed vehicle beneath a tree or powerl lines as that will not make it rain.  It will simply induce the birds to eat more fruit and suffer a dose of Diarrhoea.  And you know where that's gunna land and you should also know that when it does, the sun will shine until you wash it off and so the cycle starts again.   :(D)
Carps

Crosley.In.AZ

Falcon back to full time street duty.

Fresh air intake removed from headlite and head light will b re-installed. Regular air cleaner installed

Alternator small pulley re-installed, water pump driven by crank shaft again.

Gonna install the 3.55 gears I have into the rear end 8 inch Ford unit
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chris spokes

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "wayne petty"....  one women who worked there mentioned that her job was to monitor the partials that come across from china...

Man!  Is there nuthin that doesn't come from China these days?   :shock:

yep toyotas
he who has the most toys wins