What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Sold my Front engine dragster chassis today. It had sat for enough years that it had to go. Local guy bought it so I will see it around and likely will be machining some parts for it in the future.I have sold my Anglia and this car in the last three months. Now to find some time to do the T coupe. I kind of like it when I only have one project .

Carps

Quote from: "chris spokes"
Quote from: "Carps"Man!  Is there nuthin that doesn't come from China these days?   :shock:
yep toyotas
Nup, Camry, Corolla, Yaris, Lexus are all built in China.

VW is top selling car brand, Buick is #2 and the Old Toyota D series conventional truck (also built in China) is top selling vehicle.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

58 Yeoman

I'm staying home from work today, as either bridge that I have to use to get to work are both closed due to flood waters.  Yesterday, we took a ride to Henry, IL. where I work and saw the Rt. 18 bridge closed due to high water.  The water was up to the road on the west side of the Rt. 17 bridge where I live.  Today, our bridge is closed due to high water.  It would be a 40 mile drive to the next bridge to cross the river to get to where I work; that's one way.  Nah, I'll take a days vacation.

The pic of the road with the water on it is the Rt. 18 bridge yesterday.  The pic with the Mustang Mach1 is the road to the Rt. 17 bridge yesterday.  The cop at the barricade this am told me that the water is almost 2' high on the west side of the Rt. 17 bridge this am.  Shucky darn, I'll find something to do at home today.

BTW, the railroad tracks are the ones used to supply my work with railcars...it'll be a couple days before we get rail service.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

enjenjo

Josh has his Mustang in the shop this week. It needs to front frame rails replaced, we are making the new ones from 2x3 tubing. We are doing one rail at a time, starting with the right rail.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Josh has his Mustang in the shop this week. It needs to front frame rails replaced, we are making the new ones from 2x3 tubing. We are doing one rail at a time, starting with the right rail.

Frank, is that the same Mustang you had when you stopped by my place earlier this year?

enjenjo

Yes, he has it all torn apart. He replaced the floor pans, the front rails are all it needs yet to put it together.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Yes, he has it all torn apart. He replaced the floor pans, the front rails are all it needs yet to put it together.

I didn't' get a close look at it, but it didn't look that bad. Just a typical Michigan rust bucket I guess! Good one for Josh to learn on.

Carps

Today downunder is ANZAC Day, so we are all raising a glass and taking time out to give thanks to the men and women of the Australian and New Zealand Armed Corpes (ANZACs) and our allies.  

LEST WE FORGET

We'll celebrate those who fought and returned from many wars, but more importantly we'll remember and toast those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we who came after them, can live in peace with each other and the descendants of those they fought against

Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Carps"
LEST WE FORGET

We'll celebrate those who fought and returned from many wars, but more importantly we'll remember and toast those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we who came after them, can live in peace with each other and the descendants of those they fought against

Cheers!:b-d: That, sir, was very well said.  If only we could all live in harmony.....
George

enjenjo

One side done. Excuse the picture quality.

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice job Frank! How often we tend to forget about the necessity  taking a project back to the basics of the original construction and starting over. Those Fox body Mustangs are really very nice simple performance cars that were under designed for the harsh northern climate.

Good job.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

I can't take credit for it Charlie, Josh did most of it with my advise.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "enjenjo"I can't take credit for it Charlie, Josh did most of it with my advise.

You're a good Grampa. I'm glad to hear that Josh is doing most of the work.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chimp koose

Spent the day running a Skills Canada provincial Machining contest at the local post secondary trade school. I had a good time. My student did not do as well as he had hoped. He is capable of better.He finished in the top half of contestants though. First time at this contest and he may have had a few jitters about it.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "chimp koose"Spent the day running a Skills Canada provincial Machining contest at the local post secondary trade school. I had a good time. My student did not do as well as he had hoped. He is capable of better.He finished in the top half of contestants though. First time at this contest and he may have had a few jitters about it.

yep, some folks do not test well , yet are amazing at what they do when left alone.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)