What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Drag raced all weekend. We went 3 rounds on sunday. Monday I started shingling a garage roof in 30degree heat. Had to take my helper home early, got overheated and started to feel woozy.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"Drag raced all weekend. We went 3 rounds on sunday. Monday I started shingling a garage roof in 30degree heat. Had to take my helper home early, got overheated and started to feel woozy.

Been 30+ and humid here for the past few days. I'm not getting too much done on anything right now, I don't like it this warm with the high humidity.

enjenjo

QuoteI don't like it this warm with the high humidity

Neither do I, but I have to get the brakes fixed on the wife's car. I found one brake line rusted through, two next to it ready to go, and one that looks like brand new. :shock:  So I ordered a roll of Cupernickle brake line, and a box of metric bubble fittings, $90. Since I am in there, it needs a LR caliper, both rear rotors, and rear pads. Fronts were done already.

Booster is ordered for the Marlin, should be here Friday. I am going through the brakes on that too, while it's torn apart.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

mrloboy

Started putting an F100 power steering gear box into a 50 Merc chassis. The car is receiving a 351W with overdrive. I saw that Fatman's offers an adapter kit for the F100 retrofit, so thought I could make one myself. After measuring both boxes I see that including a boxing plate of any substance would relocate the pitman arm inboard between a 1/4 and 3/8 inch, depending on the chosen material for the adapter. I have elected to mount the box in the exact location by building the mounts into the existing frame rail. a couple holes with bushing through the rail and a tab for the top locating hole should make it an easy swap. Next is the engine and trans mounts. Looks like basic fabrication should handle that end.

My other current project is installing a CNC Plasma table I purchased. Should help with bracket construction. The table is currently 8ft. by 11ft. and expandable to 21ft. I am using Smartcam for the programming. Anyone here had any experience with this program? I am on a learning curve here! Thanks, Rick

enjenjo

Got all the brake lines replaced on the Pontiac today between the thunder storms. Still waiting on a caliper for it.

enjenjo

Pontiac is done. The caliper came in, had the wrong bracket on it. :evil:  But I was able to switch it to the old bracket, and make it work.

sirstude

Washed the truck to get the mud off and loaded up to leave at 6:00am tomorrow.  In-N-Out, here I come, and then of course, the SALT

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Boyd Who

Quote from: "sirstude"Washed the truck to get the mud off and loaded up to leave at 6:00am tomorrow.  In-N-Out, here I come, and then of course, the SALT
Doug

Lucky bugger!!  :P
One of these years I'll make it back to B'ville.

Today I spent a few hours and got a good start on the siding for my new shop. It's a closer match to the house than I expected, although you can definitely tell it's vinyl and not real wood like the house.

Harry

It's Friday 13th
I think I'll stay in bed.

enjenjo

Garage is looking good Al.

I went to Defiance Ohio, and tore down a big block today. He thought the left head was cracked, or had a blown gasket, but I found no problems when I pulled it. I did find a soft plug popped out. :shock:  He bought the car last fall, and never checked the antifreeze in it.

WZ JUNK

I have not been working in the shop much this summer, but it is a mess.  I did redo the doors on Hooley's #974 Bonneville car and some other little jobs but the shop is generally a mess.  I am washing down the walls and trying to clean and throw away junk.  End of summer house cleaning I guess.   I moved the 54 out today so that I could start the cleanup.  It is the first time it has been out in the light since I painted it.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Rrumbler

I'm with Harry.  I won't admit to being phobic about it, but we have had several unpleasant things happen on this day in years past, so I tend to try to keep a low profile - more than usual.

We've had our Baby Girl (she's six and eleven twelfths - I taught her that yesterday) all week this week instead of our usual three days, so I'm also "sitting".  Her mom is picking her up anytime, now, then back on Monday.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

reborn55

Got the new A/C compressor mounted on wife's  coupe along with intake--rerouted water hoses, move temp sending unit and new low side hose made, then went to a cruise.  Did a lot of sweating--looks to hit about 110 tomorrow.  Hope the air works--another cruise tomorrow.

Danimal

If anyone is in the NW Ohio/SE MI area this weekend, Sammy Thompson is having a Plow Days. Sign up started this morning but there were 100 plus tractors there by 5 am when I went over to help the 4H BBQ set up. They were plowing with a steam engine last night for warm up. Also, several antique trucks were there helping including the steam engine's water truck.

Danimal

Quote from: "Danimal"If anyone is in the NW Ohio/SE MI area this weekend, Sammy Thompson is having a Plow Days. Sign up started this morning but there were 100 plus tractors there by 5 am when I went over to help the 4H BBQ set up. They were plowing with a steam engine last night for warm up. Also, several antique trucks were there helping including the steam engine's water truck.

It is on Thompson Hwy Riga, MI 49276