What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

I do a bit of LPG (propane to you guys) work every now and then on a friends Holden ute, he has fitted a 383 stroker chev to it now and is running out of puff at over 3500rpm.

The solution that we have been told will fix this is to fit 2 converters, as 1 will only feed up to 325hp, so lets see what the dyno tells us it has now.

The funny thing about this is that on my blown 350, I have twin mixers and only 1 converter, and I don't have the same problem, maybe I could get a few more ponies out of it if I fit a second converter as well.
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Boyd Who

Spent Friday and Saturday at a big event (Super Run 2010) about 45 minutes from us. Heading back there in a few minutes for the final day. Pics will be posted later today or tomorrow.

kb426

I'm about finished installing a Walker radiator in the 32. The 2nd alum. one started leaking a week ago. I have to mount the grille shell and charge the ac. Rrumbler, my sympathies to you.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Replaced the master cylinder on my big Van today, of course I found out I was out of brake fluid after the parts store closed. Went to the dollar store, and bought a pint of fluid to fill it up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

sirstude

Took the Olds off the hoist today, so we could get my friends Galaxy on to check under and he could clean the bottom to get ready to go to Spokane.  He is a bit anal on the clean stuff.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

miserable day...  been sick since late saturday night.

the digestive system has been very upset
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Making a gas filler door in a glass fender. I made a fiberglass recess for the door today. I have to start getting ready for Lville now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I finished up the 32 and am ready to move back to the prior project. When I was testing the ac, I used a thermo. to check the air temp at the register. Vintage air says it should be 48*. It was 100 in the garage and I have 48*. That means it's as good as it can be. I think it's been like this since I built the truck, I hadn't checked it yet.
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

I wasn't to happy with the way the  coupes steering column was mounted at the bottom through the firewall so I redid it.

This is how it was when I bought the car mounted by a exhaust clamp.

I made a plate and welded it to the bottom of the column and bolted it to the firewall.

I think it's a lot better like this.

While I was at it I played around with the brake pedal height and moved the gas pedal across to give me a bit more foot room. That should make the DMV happier.

and once again if anyone recognizes the 34 coupe I would be happy to know who the original builder was.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Boyd Who

Started installing the soffits on my new garage yesterday. Had to go out and re-do it today as I screwed up a bit.  :oops:
It wouldn't be too bad but we're having a VERY warm day for this part of the world. 30C with about 90% humidity. I do about an hour or so then have to come in the house to cool down a bit. I hope to have the soffits and fascia done later today or tomorrow.

GPster

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Had to go out and re-do it today as I screwed up a bit.  :oops:
I'd use screws also. I have enough trouble swinging a hammer, but on a ladder? GPster

32coupe

I organised a 671 blower for a big block chev for a friend of mine a couple of months ago.

and he finally brought the 47 chev  around to get it fitted.

Looks pretty empty in there, it needs a little something.

It runs on propane, what else?

He wanted to keep it all under the hood, so I fabricated some adapters to mount the mixers down low.

I think we got it right, looks good, works even better :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Rrumbler

Would you all believe I'm sitting here watching it rain??  Just checked the patio weather thing: 86 degrees ( was over a hunret a couple of hours ago) and relative humidity is 44% (about 30 a while ago), which is pretty high for this neighborhood.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

I cleaned vehicles this morning. The 32 was dirty after the run to Augusta yesterday. Around 560 miles round trip. Changed oil in the wife's charger and then went to work on the mini bike. I cut bent tubing out of the front end and made inserts to replace the tubing on the lathe. Welded it up and went to the glass beader to clean up some areas that were difficult to access. I have cleaned the rest of the frame and am ready to prime the next day that I have time. I did some measuring on my go kart exhaust pipe to see if it's worth modifying or that I should start over. It's time to think about another week of work!
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "Boyd Who"Had to go out and re-do it today as I screwed up a bit.  :oops:
I'd use screws also. I have enough trouble swinging a hammer, but on a ladder? GPster

Haha!! Yes, I used screws for the soffits, much easier than trying to hammer upside down.
I got all the soffits installed and just have to install the fascia trim then I can get started on the siding. Once that's done the electricians can come hook up my sub-panel. Then the fun begins! Insulation, interior wall sheathing, shelves and cabinets, lights, heat...woohoo!!