What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

The repaint of mini bike parts was successful. I looked over the 32 and tomorrow I'm headed to Gunnison Co. for a car show. It was 100 degrees here today and the low in Gunnison should be in the mid 40's. I'm thinking insulated coveralls.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

48builder

I ended up buying a complete kit from Durall. I am using their Dura Seal 400 product. They talked me out of the Durapoxy, said it was overkill for a home garage. It was half the price so I said OK. It's going to a long couple days, the prep process is quite extensive. I'll post some before and after pics. I went with the deep red. Was going to use gray, but my wife said "why paint the concrete to look like concrete?" I hope it looks good.  :lol:
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

bucketmouth

Pulled the baffles out of the roadster side pipes to replace the fiberglass matting or what was left of it. Man is that stuff itchy and I still have to do the other side yet. :(
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Boyd Who

And he said "let there be light!"...and there was light, and he saw this was good... :D

Yes...I got my shop tied in to the house today so I now have 100-amp service out there! You guys have no idea how excited I am about this!  :lol:

There's a total of eleven, 4' T-8 fluorescent lights on 3 switches. I may rent the place out to the local hospital as an operating room. LOL

The black metal "ladders" in this pic are a heavy-duty shelving system from our local furniture store. They are renovating the warehouse and were going to throw them out. I figure I can turn them into a killer work bench.

enjenjo

I worked on the gas filler door on this pickup today I had to mold a fiberglass cup to fit the filler pipe. Here's what I came up with. How did I do it?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

sirstude

Going to prime the hood and core support for the Olds.  These are the last pieces that have not been primed and blocked.  Might manage to get paint on it this year yet.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"fiberglass over a baloon?

No, that's not it.

UGLY OLDS

Fiberglass over a ball  :?:   Fiberglass over a round thing !!  :lol:

Frank..This proves that you're alway's thinkin' "outside the sphere" .... 8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

reborn55

Headed out of town for nephews wedding today--then back home and back to wife's coupe trying to get it to run cooler in traffic--so she can take it to Frog Follies..Won't let the 55 in there. :D

58Apache

Quote from: "reborn55"....back to wife's coupe trying to get it to run cooler in traffic--so she can take it to Frog Follies..Won't let the 55 in there. :D

Only a matter of time Ken. Everything changes.  I think the Louisville show proved that. I loved seeing Tri-fives there as well as a host of other cool cars!

I'm working on installing door panels and trying to figure out why my autometer gas gauge won't operate right. I suspect a bad ground, but not sure yet.

Also installing a new GSP location unit that will send messages to my cell phone under certain conditions and allow me to send messages to cut off certain functions using my cell phone. Got it on E-bay for $58 (plus $25 shipping - ouch!) but have to buy a pre-paid phone SIM card to work with my cell provider. Instructions suck but I THINK I have it figured out. Wiring it in today.

34ford

glassed over a plastic pop bottle bottom?

enjenjo

Quote from: "34ford"glassed over a plastic pop bottle bottom?

Nope, I thought of that, but the hewer bottles are no longer round on the bottom, and it wouldn't work.

QuoteFiberglass over a ball  Fiberglass over a round thing !!  

Frank..This proves that you're alway's thinkin' "outside the sphere" ....  

That's what I ended up doing. I found a rubber ball at the dollar store that was just bigger than the hole. I squeezed it into the hole, added a tape covered wood block where the notch is, and glassed over it with two layers of mat,

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "34ford"glassed over a plastic pop bottle bottom?

Nope, I thought of that, but the hewer bottles are no longer round on the bottom, and it wouldn't work.

QuoteFiberglass over a ball  Fiberglass over a round thing !!  

Frank..This proves that you're alway's thinkin' "outside the sphere" ....  

That's what I ended up doing. I found a rubber ball at the dollar store that was just bigger than the hole. I squeezed it into the hole, added a tape covered wood block where the notch is, and glassed over it with two layers of mat,

NEAT    :!:    :!:    And what do I win   :?:      ( Me thinks I shoudn't have said that..... :shock: ... :roll: ...)

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Jokester

Put windshield wiper kit in my 34 Chevy coupe.  Used Specialty Wipers.  Mounted the motor in the quarter panel behind the driver's seat.  It's really quiet and works great.  The wife is happy that this car has a wiper on her side too.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.