What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Went to a swap meet in Napoleon Oh today. not a lot there, I did get a couple things. Then I came back home and helped Shelby put the good body parts on her Buick. The parts car had new tires, and brake pads, and rotors, so they went on too. Shelby got to change the tires by herself, she needs the practice.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Yesterday I put a new AC unit in the garage. Today I picked up a Ford 9" This afternoon we fired up the grille and did ribs, taters and corn on the cob. Hmmmmm
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I just got back from Salina. Real good show. Lots of cars, Lots of people. It was plenty warm.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"
Quote from: "enjenjo"So what's the speed record for a wind powered car?
I'm not thinkin wind Frank.

The shape of thse things is refined from the shape of the belly tanks used on WWII bombers etc.  These guys do some incredible work to refine them so they cut through the water with almost no drag.  They are similar in shape and size to a traditional belly tank so that's my vision, a new high tech belly tank.  Maybe powered by a blown hi tech banger with lotsa cams and valves, pent roof chanbers and straight ports etc.  The fin would crate the perfect shape/form for the axles and a little F1 tech could be used for steering, strength and weight management to make it all work.

Probably not cheap, but none of my 'visions' ever are.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Been raining here in Aukland all week, but today it's turned sunny, so I may get some car guy action in afterall.

How about using last years hull? That should be pretty cheap.

Boyd Who

Saturday I moved some equipment for a pizza restaurant then took the Essex over to a local car show. Today's plans are to drill holes in the studs of the new shop for the wiring.

Rrumbler

Packing up to head back to SoCal; death in the family, funeral, long drive in this heat; thank God for A/C.  Forty years ago, we were doing these drives across the desert without A/C.  Back in a couple of days.

Later.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Rrumbler"Packing up to head back to SoCal; death in the family, funeral, long drive in this heat; thank God for A/C.  Forty years ago, we were doing these drives across the desert without A/C.  Back in a couple of days.

Later.

Sorry to hear that.

jaybee

Sorry to hear about your loss.  Thoughts and prayers with you at this time.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I worked on the door jack I am building, about done with it. I'll post some pictures when it's done. I also worked on the tail gate latches on this truck I am doing, and making a pair of hub centric wheel spacers.

Crosley.In.AZ

built a trans brake t-350  saturday...  should help the car into the 10's.

Slept about 1/2 the day sunday.  A little Yard work

I did not want to see car parts today. kinda tired of them this week
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Drag raced all weekend. Runner up sat., 2nd round today

Carps

Well done for Sat, comiserations for the next day, that's motorsport huh.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

chimp koose

Carps , ever changing headwind , sunny with clouds, corrected altitude fluctuating by 500' every10 minutes or so led to a dial in .06 second more "optomistic" than conditions would allow.We are usually within .02 of our dial in.Thats the best excuse I can come up with for now.

enjenjo

Thursday I started working on the tailgate for this truck I am doing. Then the lawn service I do work for brought over a broken bagger off their big mower. They had lost some hold down bolts, and the frame was cracked in a bunch of places, and twisted pretty bad. Took several hours to fix it.

Friday, I made seat mounts, and an aluminum  radiator shroud for a streetable race car replica of Bobby Allisons 75 Matador.

Today I finally got back to the AD truck, and finished making the hidden latches. Most of the bed parts are done, and going out for paint monday. Still working on the left fender, making a gas door.

phat46

No car stuff for a while, My brother and I were hired by our sister to re-do her kitchen. We stripped it out to the walls and are starting over. The last couple days have been drywall and electrical. I have to wonder what some people are thinking (or not) when they do house wiring. I'm surprised the place hadn't burnt down!!  :shock:  Taking Sunday off, next week will come painting,  flooring, cabinets, countertops, lights, plumbing and appliances....I'm tired.  :lol: