What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteI get to head out to cut some customers lawns

You have a lawn service?
I guess Frank used to do lawns, but it wasn't considered a business because he wouldn't wear a uniform. For some reason when he starts getting ready to do the chore at home now so much help appears that he doesn't get the chance. GPster

Big G

As I  am  no retired, I worked on my 50 Tudor Ford, thoroughly enjoued myself working at my pace and no boss to nag me!!!!!!
Regards Glynn
There is NUTHIN like a throbbin V8

moose

Woke up really early. Took my now "16"year old daughter for her rode test and to the SOS to get her first real driver license! She is thrilled. I am scared!.... She is a really good driver. Fortunately she did not take after her mother.....

Tim

chopped

Went to work on the frame swap but didn't get much done. It's 96 here, hasn't been under 90 during the day for a couple months. I'm about done in.

sirstude

Cleaning up the garage and getting ready to head for the GoodGuys show in Puyallup on Thursday. It will seem strange going over as a spectator, instead of with my hot rod.  Mostly, just need to get away from work for a while.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

reborn55

Finished putting injector in 6.0 diesle and then front brakes.  Slow afternoon.  Still sweated like crazy

BFS57

Hello;
I'm in Orlando, It's hot as can be, I'm POed because a shop that was supposed to be working on my 57 Chevy hasn't even started on it and it's been there a week tomorrow!!! Has something to do with a (what I call) lift queen hoging the lift!
Had to vacuum my office to let of some steam!!!

Bruce

chimp koose

I am a glass brick bathroom window and new tub surround away from working on my car stuff for the rest of the summer.

Carps

Went sailing, with the Kiwi America's Cup Team.  They have some pretty slick boats.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Worked on the AC on an Eclipse today, no fix, part of the wiring harness is missing. Then adjusted the valves on a Honda Prelude. Yes, I know :roll: , but they are family. :oops:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carps

I spent some time studying the keels of those big racing boats, coz they be givin me some ideas about racin' on salt water.  Just delete the water (leave the salt) and add wheels and engines.   :D
Carps

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"I spent some time studying the keels of those big racing boats, coz they be givin me some ideas about racin' on salt water.  Just delete the water (leave the salt) and add wheels and engines.   :D

So what's the speed record for a wind powered car?

phat46

I'm down in Raleigh, North Carolina babysitiing the "new" grandson while the kids are away for a mini vacation/seminar. Man it's hot here, before 9 a.m. this morning it was 86, supposed to get over 100 today and the next couple days! I'm from Michigan so this is hot to me. Has anyone ever driven the Midland Trail (Route 60) from Charleston W.V south? What a great drive through the mountains; lots of twisties that are fun for a flatlander like me!

Carps

Quote from: "enjenjo"So what's the speed record for a wind powered car?
I'm not thinkin wind Frank.

The shape of thse things is refined from the shape of the belly tanks used on WWII bombers etc.  These guys do some incredible work to refine them so they cut through the water with almost no drag.  They are similar in shape and size to a traditional belly tank so that's my vision, a new high tech belly tank.  Maybe powered by a blown hi tech banger with lotsa cams and valves, pent roof chanbers and straight ports etc.  The fin would crate the perfect shape/form for the axles and a little F1 tech could be used for steering, strength and weight management to make it all work.

Probably not cheap, but none of my 'visions' ever are.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Been raining here in Aukland all week, but today it's turned sunny, so I may get some car guy action in afterall.
Carps

enjenjo

Yesterday a guy from here in Ohio and one from Michigan dropped off parts. They got a quick tour and a cold drink.  Today a guy from Canada picked up parts. A bit of a crossroads here I guess.