What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "sirstude"Same thing as yesterday, moving snow.  My house, my daughters house, and several of the neighbors.  My son has done quite a bit of it, so no all dependant on the old guy.  We got a couple of feet and for a change it was pretty wet and heavy.
Doug

I'm headed to the U.P. tomorrow at 6 a.m. for deer camp. I see that huge area of snow heading that way. I sure hope it's just rain where we meet up with it, I have made that 552 mile drive in an ice storm and don't ever want to try it again!

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"Charlie, tell us about the "induction change".

I'm working on a 350 cfm 2 barrel Holley 2300 series carb on an adapter to a Clifford 4 barrel intake for the Chevy II 4 banger.. The 4 barrel intake has a variation of the old WCFB/Rochester small bolt pattern.

I've never been overly pleased with the dual Weber side drafts on the engine even though I have modified the jetting combination a number of times and tried a couple different mechanical advance curves over the 4 years I've been driving it. The transition from the idle circuit to the main circuit is stumbly and the engine is sluggish, though it will pull the sort of rpm (6K) it should...it just isn't quick.

The Webers don't have any vacuum ports and picking up vacuum down stream from the butterflies just demands more fuel. The "new" setup will work with a vacuum advance dizzy and otherwise be "normal"...I hope. It's worth a shot.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Charlie, performance wise that sounds good. What are you going to do with the visuals on the hood?
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I am in the process of building a foam cutting machine.  The time has come to make things easier for me to fabricate foam blocks.  I am making the plugs to lay up the new scoop for the flat cad Salt Flat car.  There is a small picture of it on the cover of hot rod this month and another picture in the article on Bonneville.  I will build the scoop first and then the aero front end.  The scoop will be the same design as the one I made for Hooley's Studebaker but different dimensions.

Pictures will follow as I progress.  I posted a photoshop picture before but here it is again.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "kb426"Charlie, performance wise that sounds good. What are you going to do with the visuals on the hood?

Plan A is to build a log style fresh air duct that will hold the side draft air cleaners and connect with an appropriate silicone tube to a low clearance carb bonnet - similar to a Buick V6 GN turbo to carb connection. That keeps the air inlet looking the same.

If the carb and bonnet clears the hood then plan B will not be required. Plan B would be for a clearance hole cut in the hood and an oblong bubble hammered out and riveted into the hood.

But - you know the fate of most of our plans.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Carnut

Well for what is worth, I've just finished installing a new hi flow waterpump, hiflow 180 thermostat, all new hoses and a new crossflow aluminum radiator in my 67 Dodge Charger. Continuing to ruin the original value of my one owner 49K mile Charger. Mucho work for this old feeble geezer.

moose

I just PROUDLY watched my daughter, Tori, change the oil in her car! She went out purchased it and asked that I watch to make sure it was done correctly! She did well. She then proceeded to check and correct the air pressure in her tires! I raised a good one !!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

river1

Went to Scottsdale Goodguys over the weekend. Lots of cars, most pretty *. Was pleasantly surprised to see enjenjo today, had a short chat with him. GREAT weather, all in all a good weekend.

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Quote from: "river1"Went to Scottsdale Goodguys over the weekend. Lots of cars, most pretty *. Was pleasantly surprised to see enjenjo today, had a short chat with him. GREAT weather, all in all a good weekend.

Later jim

I took some RRT racer parts down to Zebby for machine work, so I made sure I had some time to hit the Good Guys show this morning. Glen's Nova is fantastic, It is the best owner built drag car I have ever seen. He introduced me to his lovely wife, I tried to steal her, but he must have talents I don't know about. :roll:

I did get t have a short conversation with Rivers, but outside of a phone call I did not get to catch up with Crosley. I also went to the Pavillion show saturday evening, it was nice to see the mix of cars that were there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

good to meet you, i need to do a clean up on the garage this weekend and see if i can come up with some parts for the racer.  I think i have a lot of small stuf that might be good for the car.  Parts i took out of the nova when i bought it like switches, relays, circuit breakers, brake lines, misc. stuff that is light and could be shipped.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Glen"good to meet you, i need to do a clean up on the garage this weekend and see if i can come up with some parts for the racer.  I think i have a lot of small stuf that might be good for the car.  Parts i took out of the nova when i bought it like switches, relays, circuit breakers, brake lines, misc. stuff that is light and could be shipped.

That would be cool.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

I made a run about 50 mi. west of Chicago today. I bought a 34' open car hauler last night on EBay and am very pleased with it. Of course there are some things I need to do to it. More D rings for tying things down, electric jack, put my sleeper and winch on it
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Today I'm trying to catch-up after what I did yesterday. Have been looking and trying to decide on a new(er) truck. It had fallen between an "03 Ranger in town and an "02 Ranger in northern Ohio that I had found on E bay classifieds. I was planning on going north to get the grand daughter for Thanksgiving on Monday anyway so that trip would fit in but wanted to look at the local one with Linda and get her help to decide. We made it to the lot 15 minutes after they closed on Saturday so just relied on a look til Monday morning on that one. Called Sunday and made arrangements to look at the one up north on my Monday trip. Went to the carlot early Monday and looked at the '03. They just happened to also have an '02 on the lot that would have been a mirror image of the one up north (except for mileage). I couldn't see driving out of my way 80 miles when my mind was already made up. So I signaled my financial negotiator to do her job. She got the price down enough to cover tax and title. Then we left and visited her Credit Union and took care of the money end (and grocery shopping for Thanksgiving Dinner).Went back to the carlot (which is only 1/4 mile from the Interstate) and I put my suitcase in my new(er) truck and headed north to               "Grand Daughter" Land. It remains to be seen if I made a bad decision. The truck has 153,000 miles on it but the former owner liked it and only traded it for something with AWD. It's an '03 Ranger extended cab with a step (Splash) bed. 3L V6 2WD w/auto PS PB PW A/C cruise 60/40 seats and a factory raised chassis with 15" wheels. It's Black with black bumpers and a poor example (soon to be lost) of a "Headache Rack". You all are the first people that might care that I've told about it. Now I need to work harder to unload some of the other vehicles in the driveway so I don't have to park it on the street. GPster

kb426

I think that Ranger could be fine. I'm curious if you get any kind of gas mileage. I had a traveling salesman tell me that his was always less than 20. Myself, I like splashes. The truck, not the surprises.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

GPster

Quote from: "kb426"I think that Ranger could be fine. I'm curious if you get any kind of gas mileage. I had a traveling salesman tell me that his was always less than 20. Myself, I like splashes. The truck, not the surprises.  :lol:
A quick guess on this first trip could be 22mpg. That's just rough because I still have 1/2 tank showing on the gauge. GPster