What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
I did get t have a short conversation with Rivers, but outside of a phone call I did not get to catch up with Crosley. I also went to the Pavillion show saturday evening, it was nice to see the mix of cars that were there.

Hi,

Glen's wife Laura is a treat. She likes cars, always willing to help on them too.

You told me you would be in town soon. Sorry I was not able to get together with you. I've been fighting a head cold and this after noon , we fly out to visit the kids for the turkey day - weekend.

:T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I've got an '05 Ranger supercab w/ 4.0L auto, and I consistently get 18+- combined driving.  It's also a 4x4.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"
Hi,

Glen's wife Laura is a treat. She likes cars, always willing to help on them too.
:T)

Yep....shes pretty darn cool.  I think its in her genes though.

Rrumbler

Just doin' general rat killing (chores), quiet today; this is the first time in several years that we have not had a house full of people for the holiday. All of the kids and grands have made other arrangements for today; but we are going to have a whole bunch of little girls at Christmas time, just after, actually, and their folks are going to take a few days off.

Had a nice dinner evening with Enjenjo and his Bride on Tuesday; it is always good to see them; I think we may shoot for another before they head back to Ohio.

My brunch is settin' in on me; I think I'll go take a nap.  :)

Hope all have a good day.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Carnut

Spent my Black Friday cutting, splitting and loading firewood. Enjoyed time roasting hotdogs, marshmellows around a campfire and watched other folks making smores.

enjenjo

Dave and I went to Nevada Pic a part, and picked up some parts for my grandson Josh. He just bought a slightly wrecked  Dakota, and could find no parts at home. Still need to find a front bumper.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Mikej

I always get better gas mileage at half a tank tnan when I fill it up. :lol:  :lol:
I've had alot of Rangers over the years and gas mileage is not their strong point. That is why they quit making them. They didn't keep up with the times. I never got better than 20mpg. with the 4 cly. but the wife gets 22-23 mpg. My current 4 liter 4x4 get about 15mpg up to 18 if I'm lucky. But I like the size. My Tommy Gate and tie down rack fits. Next time I will have to buy a new lift and make a new rack or retire. Truck is a year old. Should last another 5 years. I should be so lucky

GPster

My mobile compost pile('89 Ranger) might get 18MPG when I go to "build days" but I don't even bother guessing about around town. It's a 4 cyl. with automayic trans. but it also has 14" tires and a 4:10 rear end. Most of the time around town it never sees OD or converter lock-up. This new one is my fourth and I only get them because I like them. GPster

sirstude

My Saturday.  I got a call about 9:30 on Saturday morning from the IT on-call person here at the Hospital.  She said that she had just gotten a notice about a server down, and then could not get in from the outside connection.  I gave it a try and then headed on in.  When I got there, we had 1-2 inches of water in the computer room, the temperature was 95 and the power to the main network switch had shorted.  The maintenance guy that was there, had his finger over a copper pipe to keep water from running in.  Maint called in more help and 3 hours later with a bunch of the IT guys it was dry and cooling, and only 2 servers killed from the heat.  It is amazing how much water you can move with a wet and dry vac.  What happened is the condensate pump froze up and ( I think the maintenance guys disconnected the drain line) water ran back into the room.  With the pump dead, the water might also have run over the tray into the room.  Just have previous experience with this guy, and while a nice guy, not the most competent in the bunch. Anyway, it made for an exciting day, and then I sure didn't get back to the plumbing on the Olds that I had planned for Saturday.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

Went to a salvage yard this morning, and pulled a pair of rear fenders off a 48 Olds model 68. They bolt on to a Chevy, and are about 2" wider. A couple dents, but no rust.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

In the back of my pickup is a ?? 1960 Percival Hellcat go kart frame. It's pretty poor. I'll post pics once I get started on it. This is a twin engine frame. I'm not doing a restoration but rather a restomod. It's a bare frame without any bolt-on parts. It should be a good way to waste time and money. :lol:
TEAM SMART

phat rat

I spent the day driving. Went to Gary In to pick up a rolling Chevy dually frame, I'm going to use the rear w/3.73 gears to replace the 4.56's in my dually. Then it was back on the road headed over almost to Cincinnati Oh. to pick up a 60" semi sleeper I'm going to use on my new car trailer. Left about 10:30 this morning and got back 20 min ago.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

348tripower

I have a new money wasting project. A 1986 Yamaha G1 golf cart. Been playing with it when time allows. I put a new jug and piston on it and new case bearings and seals. Modified the governor to get 20 mph. Four new 22x12x8 tires ready to be mounted after I get a 6 inch lift kit.
Don
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Going to putter in the garage ... Trying to burn off vacation days before the new year ... ( Use 'em or Loose 'em) ...

Gotta fix a vacuum cleaner & still working on restoring my "aquired" floor jack ..... :?

Preparing to pick up the Kid's car for some "long term" repairs & updates .. He will be deploying soon & has already given me the keys & a "list" ..... :roll:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Very busy at work.  We are down 2 transmission builders. Both fired for same reason, although  different causes for poor quality.

We test hired a young transmission gun from Cheecago area, he had moved to metro PHX.  He ''talked'' a good story. After 2 weeks he was sent on his way....  still talking. LOL  

Myself and another guy have fixed near all of his transmissions he built. None got out the door till we gutted them and checked them out.  

Strange there were all these problems because we were watching him.  His first trans built (a 700r4 HIS specialty we were told) was torn down before it even was bolted to the trans dyno.  Mulitple  small problems corrected, advice handed out. He did not listen well , bull headed, oh well

I fixed his last 2 t-400 trans.  Multiple rookie mistakes that would have trashed the units.  One t-400 smoked it's self as the kid dyno'd it.  I fixed that one too.

Between the 3 of us seasoned trans builders, there is near 90 yrs of experience and this kid told us we were building stuff wrong.  :roll:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)