What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Getting ready for vacation.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I went to work today and changed out the laundry room equipment. The washers and dryers were 28 years old and still working.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Getting ready for vacation.
How do you get a vacation from being retired? I'm on vaca everyday since I retired, even those days when i work my * off!   :D  :lol:

papastoyss

Quote from: "kb426"I went to work today and changed out the laundry room equipment. The washers and dryers were 28 years old and still working.
At Kzoo there was a street rod trailer that had a coin-op washer & drier for the body. Talked w/the owner & he was a laundry maintenence Mechanic! Sure was neat & different.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

phat46

Changing a ball joint in my DD truck today getting ready for the drive to deer camp on the 12th. It sure seems like things don't last as long as they used to. This truck has 77k miles on it and I have replace both front hub/bearings, both tie rod ends, one sway bar link and now a ball joint. the new ball joint from NAPA is greasable so I hope it last the next 100K.

UGLY OLDS

Went to a swap meet with the Mrs this AM... Don't really need any car parts ...Stocked up on garage supplies & found some used tools to buy ...

Going to try rebuilding a Hein-Warner jack I bought from a guy while waiting in line at the scrap yard ... It's a normal 1 1/2 ton floor jack .. Broken caster ...Everything except the ram rusted from sitting too long outside ... I gave him $5.00 for it ... If I cant bring it back to life , I can always get my $5.00 back as scrap .... :?

Bob .......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I mowed the yard for the last time this year. Took the dual sport bike to the country for a ride. Not much to see after the crops are harvested and the frost has killed most things. Still looking for the next project.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"I mowed the yard for the last time this year. Took the dual sport bike to the country for a ride. Not much to see after the crops are harvested and the frost has killed most things. Still looking for the next project.

You can do one of mine. I  just bought another one, E450 Ford cutaway.

I'm in Clinton Ok tonight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Friday the Allstate Insurance adjuster came to settle up on my truck that was damager over a month ago on my way back from Wilmington. Their insured (supposidly) had told them that I had the wrong directional signal on (not what he told me or the sheriff ) so it's been this long fighting with them about me being 20% at fault. After they looked at the estimate and Book Value they wanted to Total the truck. My financial advisor and negotiater got me a $1,500.oo settlement so it's now piece it together or find a newer one. I like Ford Rangers and this is my third so that is the way my mind is headed. For the last month I figured it would go this way so I've developed a list of likes. I like the newer cabs and I have liked the        "flare-side" beds since the first "Splash" and I've toyed with the extended cab. Just looking I stoped at a lot that delt mostly with trucks and they had a basic '02 Ranger for $6,900.oo but it had 130,000 miles on it. Then the salesman asked me what I was looking for. I told him I needed an automatic transmission and power steering. He took me to the back of the lot and showed me his "salesman's driver". It was an '03 Ranger extended cab with a "Fllare-side" bed. 2WD, V6, auto, power steering, power brakes, A/C, power windows, cruise, and a factory lift with 15" tires. Beautiful truck and I would have taken it without driving it only $4,500.oo. It has 150,000 miles on it! That's 2,000 more than my '89 has on it. Mine only has 25,000 miles on a rebuilt transmission and a new battery and 2 tires this year. My financial advisor said we should keep looking and I hate to admit she's right so I'm just typing this so you'll have something to read. GPster

purplepickup

It's probably the last 70+ degree sunny day we're going to have this year so I'm doing all the things I've put off all summer......changing oil, flushing radiators, cleaning & waxing, refreshing rust proofing inside doors & inner fenders on my fleet ( Ford Taurus, van, Rav4 & Vibe).  

If time permits I'll harvest the last of the oak leaves covering part of the yard.  

Possible snow is predicted for tomorrow. :cry:
George

58 Yeoman

We should be outside with the nice weather, but we're in the basement scraping up old vinyl tile so we can put new stuff down.  This winter, I'll wish that I'd gone outside...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

kb426

I spent the last day and a half repairing things in a rental that my son is moving into. Yesterday we had 60 mph winds and 80 degrees. Today is fairly calm and mid 30's.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

69 and very breezy today. My chainlink fence is working overtime catching more leaves from the yards to my west. I cleaned the Trailblazer and Bullitt inside and out. Moved a sort of customer car out of my box trailer into the shop to finish some sheet metal work this week...and then I hope it will leave. Got up on the house roof to remove some branch debris from last nights winds from Kansas.

Track roadster in right after that for a cleaning and change of induction system. More as that happens.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

Same thing as yesterday, moving snow.  My house, my daughters house, and several of the neighbors.  My son has done quite a bit of it, so no all dependant on the old guy.  We got a couple of feet and for a change it was pretty wet and heavy.
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

kb426

Charlie, tell us about the "induction change".
TEAM SMART