What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

Quote from: "Glen"Dont hold your breath.  Im sure we will have to spend some time in the pit with the laptop.  If we can get it tuned to go up on the transbrake i will drive it down with a 17 et at 52 mph.  Ya the motor was dyno tuned but now its in the car and the exhaust is open.

yea... but i bet you are going to be looking at those 60 foot times..

got your G meter mounted???

its a thought.. but how about a P shaped pipe.. that has a Slip inside fitting to take the exhaust down the right rocker panel.... just for those special street voyages...  silicone o rings to avoid the outer ends from banging the finished pipe.... just an idea..

Glen

Actually the 60 foot will be the bad area.  It runs the efi in open loop at idle so it doesnt try to compensate.  The open header, the proximity of the 02 sensors and big cam show lean at idle. I currently have the closed loop set at 4000 rpm.  There are modifiers to adjust that act like a carb squirter to get it off idle and up on the cam.

kb426

I know this will be real interesting. because I'm from the mech. f.i. world, I'm amazed at what you can do in seconds with a keyboard. I respect your patience also. It costs lots of money to be in a hurry.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I spent the last two days replumbing the air system in my shop. It cost more for fittings, that it did for the air line. I did it all in DOT plastic air line, with compression fittings.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I made a cover for the latest guitar amplifier. Then I made a little 100 mile cycle trip. It's the 20th of Oct. and I was in t-shirt coming home.  :D
TEAM SMART

fast401

Cleaned out the attic of the garage so they can get in to insulate the attic and they will also be doing two walls.
Disturbing the peace since 1970!!!!!

enjenjo

Today I replaced the vent pipe for the gas furnace in my shop.

i have been working on the shop for a week now, and it looks worse than it did when I started. :cry:

UGLY OLDS

Quotei have been working on the shop for a week now, and it looks worse than it did when I started. :cry:
[/quote]

Don't worry Frank ...The clutter will return ....I have faith in you ....... :lol:  :lol:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quotei have been working on the shop for a week now, and it looks worse than it did when I started. :cry:
[/quote]

Don't worry Frank ...The clutter will return ....I have faith in you ....... :lol:  :lol:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tom36

Picking up anything loose in the yard ; op checking the generator and preparing for Hurricane Sandy.  Hopefully if  I prepare, it will be a non event here. Time will tell.  Tom...

kb426

I made a pair of dies to radius punched sheet metal. I don't have a project lined up to use them yet. I started looking at some drive in speakers my wife gave me decades ago. They are disassembled and I'm ready to make decisions about their future.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Yesterday I put the transmission filter on/in the middle Jeep and got the pan back on. With the cold and rain and lack of sunlight I just got all of the bolts on to hold the pan but I didn't get them tight because I wanted them all about the same snugness. I wanted the pan back on it so when I started scraping all the dirt off around the shift/throttle mechanism none would end up in the transmission. After that I can put the thing back together and hope. I got so cold and wet and dirty rolling around in wet floor dry (kitty litter) that I can't develop any enthusiasm for playing with it in the rain today. I bought some short 3/8" studs to screw into the frame for mounting the skid pan. I figured that if it rusts on the frame I can get exposed nuts freed easier. Soon I'll be able to get the FOR SALE sign back in the windshield. GPster

Carnut

Here's where my nephew Troy Pate has gotten done on his coupe project. I'm not particularly enamored with how things have worked out. About all Troy used of 'My' old coupe was the paint job.

kb426

It was 79 degrees here this afternoon. After work I exercised a few cycles and set in the garage and enjoyed the warmth and caught up on my magazine reading. The pile is way shorter now. I hope all in the path of the storm are doing well.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Went and picked up a Ford E450 cutaway van I bought today, it's a 2007.