What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Quote from: "chimp koose"WZJUNK ,back in '83 I finished the points series tied for first place. In the runoff for the series championship I redlit by .002 for a runner up spot. Then if it didnt happen again,'96 season finished tied for first place. This time I was NOT going to red light. My opponent red lit by....... .002 . It was my turn.

Hooley schooled me before the run and told me not to red light as chances are the guy that was chasing me down would brake out of his dial in.  He told me if I jumped the gun,  I would be out of the show.  I did not listen very well I guess as I tried to cut to good a lite.  However,  I have watched Hooley light up the red too.  It sure was fun.  I think I want to do a little bracket racing now.

John
I always told my driver "if you don't redlight occasionaly you're not pushing the light enough". I would much rather go red every now & then as be a "day late". I couldn't drive worth a flip, finally put someone else in the car & concentrated on the wrenches.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

WZ JUNK

I am wiring the gauge panel for the 1954 Chevy.  I made the panel out of fiberglass.  It mimics the shape of the original cluster but is a little different.  It is hard to place all the gauges into the original bezel so I made my own.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Carnut

Heh, heh, just got out today and changed the oil & filter, air filter, and lubed the chassis on my 61 Chrysler. I'm sure the real gearheads will be aghast to see that it's been 4yrs and 2000 mi since last service. Oh well, it sure brought home how old I am, what a chore. Heh, heh, also noticed how much I seem to be leading a lifestyle like Burt Munro was portrayed to have lived in his bio movie 'The Worlds Fasted Indian', heh, heh, but without the desire to go to Bonneville.

chimp koose

Carnut, you killed me with the burt monroe comment.Coffee on keyboard!

enjenjo

Spent the day shimming the body on the Packard. Took a while, but it's done.Also started making new floor pans.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I got the center floor pan made and installed,pattern made for the front one,and the last floor brace installed in the rear.

enjenjo

Made the rest of the floor today, fitted it to the car, drilled all the mounting holes, disassembled it all, and painted all the parts. Assembly tomorrow, and it will be done.

UGLY OLDS

Finishing up the repair / restoration on a HB Smith vise  patent date Aug 1 1865 ..   I found it at an estate sale & thought it would make a welcome addition to my 1940's Morgan vise & my 1880's anvil... 8)

Why is it that older tools seem to work better   :?:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Why is it that older tools seem to work better?

They have more experience!   :roll:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Why is it that older tools seem to work better   :?:

Bob....... :wink:

Same reason old FOOLS do :roll:  :roll:

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

The older tools only got old by being good. If they were no good they would never have become old in the first place. I think in the good old days they didnt have computers to over analyse something before they built them so they over built them. Nowadays with all the computer simulations they seem to use it to design an item to have a predetermined lifespan rather than last forever.

UGLY OLDS

I really watch for old body hammers & dolly's ... I always hope they can rememder some of their training ..... :D

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

I registered and insured the Nova today.....I like to do that just in case we are at a cruise night and a cop gets nasty or i back into someone's Mercedes.  We are taking the car to the track Saturday, may not make it to the starting line, but I dont want to test the trans brake at home or run the car at the house any more than absolutely necessary.  It is 100% done and all the glass is installed.

kb426

Glen, we expect a full report with an et slip. :lol:
TEAM SMART

Glen

Dont hold your breath.  Im sure we will have to spend some time in the pit with the laptop.  If we can get it tuned to go up on the transbrake i will drive it down with a 17 et at 52 mph.  Ya the motor was dyno tuned but now its in the car and the exhaust is open.