What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I have been designing a new front for the flat cad Bonneville car.  It uses a blown 40's Cadillac flathead.  Interesting engine with a lot of modification.  They set two records at speedweek and had a top speed of about 160 MPH.  I will try to post pictures of the present look and a photshop look at what I am thinking of changing.  The changes mean it will have a narrower front track of about 10 inches.John
Will SCTA change it's class because the front wheels aren't out in the wind? GPster

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I have been designing a new front for the flat cad Bonneville car.  It uses a blown 40's Cadillac flathead.  Interesting engine with a lot of modification.  They set two records at speedweek and had a top speed of about 160 MPH.  I will try to post pictures of the present look and a photshop look at what I am thinking of changing.  The changes mean it will have a narrower front track of about 10 inches.John
Will SCTA change it's class because the front wheels aren't out in the wind? GPster

The car runs in two classes.  Vintage Competition Coupe and Altered. In altered you can remove body parts but no streamlining.  In comp coupe you can do anything ahead of the firewall.  So they might remove the body work and change the front axle but we do not know for sure about the axle.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

packing bags,leave for las vegas tomorrow. Barret Jackson for thursday and then take in the sights.

Crosley.In.AZ

Early ''out''  day for me at work

Small isolated fire in main electrical service panel at work...fuse burned rather than pop.

this is one of the main feeds for 3 phase.  No 3 phase and the machines dont run well
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I have been designing a new front for the flat cad Bonneville car.  It uses a blown 40's Cadillac flathead.  Interesting engine with a lot of modification.  They set two records at speedweek and had a top speed of about 160 MPH.  I will try to post pictures of the present look and a photshop look at what I am thinking of changing.  The changes mean it will have a narrower front track of about 10 inches.

John

Interesting how tall that flat head gets with all the blower stuff
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

We had this yellow car in the shop today, small tune up on the trans in it.  I watched it run saturday nite at the drag strip.. low 11s

High compression Buick motor, runs on E85
Tony

rer_239

working on the top wood and over the doors kept breaking band saw blade.  1st time it was my fault other 2x weld broke.  try to find a new one today. :roll:

50 F1

Working on bed wood for my pick-up today

kb426

I redid the amplifier cover that I made last weekend.  :D My engineering was poor. The new version is better but not perfect. Until I sew on a regular basis, I don't expect to be better. Too many interests, too little time. :D
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I spent the day welding up rust pinholes in the running board apron for this 36 Packard. It was not rusted bad overall, but had some deep pits that went clear through it. Weld, hammer, grind, all day long.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"We had this yellow car in the shop today, small tune up on the trans in it.  I watched it run saturday nite at the drag strip.. low 11s

High compression Buick motor, runs on E85

I have not seen an "X" forever! Thanks!
 I regret not buying an "X" 442  when I saw one cheap a long time ago.

Boyd Who

Pulled a steering box and column out of an early 60's Econoline van this afternoon. I'm hoping to make it work in the Essex, although it may be a bit too short.

GPster

Trying to decide if I should bring my bicycle to Wilmington. Depending where Hooley finds space for his pit, it could be a mile from the pit to the start line. Plus there's a lot of cars to look at. I aired up the tires (there's three) and put it in the back of my truck. I could always use the excuse that I could ride it back to the trailer if someone needs something while we're waiting at the starting line. I was going to put some paint on it to cover some of the rust and bare metal now that it's high enough to see it but it's raining. GPster

trackster

Not a bad idea on the bike.  It can be a long walk.    Looks like I might get there for a few hours on Saturday, early afternoon.   Time will tell I guess.
I am CDO, kinda like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be!

WZ JUNK

I just returned from a trip to Northern Nevada and southeastern California(Death Valley).  I happened on to these vehicles parked near the road and I stopped to take a picture.  This may be a new trend in hot rodding and custom car building.  I wanted to get a picture for future reference.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH