What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I went to the Goodland Ks. fall festival yesterday. It was so foggy in the morning that I had to wait a few hours to leave and then it didn't clear off until noon. It was a good day and a nice show. Pics to show the variety that was there.
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I just returned from a trip to Northern Nevada and southeastern California(Death Valley).  I happened on to these vehicles parked near the road and I stopped to take a picture.  This may be a new trend in hot rodding and custom car building.  I wanted to get a picture for future reference.

John

lol..Thanks! for the laugh(actually the Volvo doesn't look that much worse)

Arnold

WHY?? do I even play around with Police vehicles!!
I sure did my homework. THOUGHT I would put  a blade on my Cop 'Burb
and plow..instead of blow my driveway..plus do a few of the neighbours.and then do a few others..nothing serious maybe make a few bucks..(NO more contract or commercial plowing)
I figured what harness would fit..went back and forth between the Meyers site,my Cop 'Burb..and donor vehicles..did as much looking/figuring/measuring as I reasonably could..bought a plow,harness.
Sheesh..what WON'T a Meyers harness fit GM wise after 2000.
Cop 'Burbs(at least here) have different frames.Nice.
I DID luck out though! There is a welding/fabricating/machine shop out here in the middle of the sticks..not far. HE can cut,fab.,weld the old one
into a new one and put in on..(not welded) for $150-$450

enjenjo

I put the last of the siding I have up, today I trimmed it out. I have to special order the rest of the siding I need.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Finally hung the doors and rumble lid on a long project at work ...

Matt

bucketmouth

Spent some time giving the roadster the once over for its annual inspection to get it re licensed. Considering we have to have our rods reinspected yearly you don't find much wrong with them. I adjusted the wheel bearings and brakes and that was about it. You know building rods is a lot more fun than doing maintenance.

I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

chimp koose

We got back from Vegas last week monday. Our kids meet us at the airport and my son is having difficulty breathing.We took him to the hospital and they admitted him immediately. Long story short ,he has pneumonia and didnt want to tell us he was sick because he wanted us to enjoy a holiday and not come home early.We brought him home from the hospital yesterday after a 10 day hospital stay.

kb426

C.K., glad your son is doing well
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Thanks KB.8 days on a respirator makes you think about what is important. I may not have a lot of money but my kids are my greatest source of pride.

enjenjo

Sorry to hear about your son. It's great that he is on the mend. Tell him to take it easy, that is nothing to mess with.

I had to disconnect an outside welder plug on the garage when I was installing siding, so this morning I reinstalled it, and did a cleaner rewire job.

The I went to work on the 36 Packard. I made up and installed the plug wires, installed and wired the coil, and distibutor, and fabricated and installed a floor crossmember in the rear seat area. Fatcat has the last of the body sill parts made, tomorrow we are going to glue the body sill parts together, and install and shim the body mounts for the last time.

WZ JUNK

I took the old truck to the drag strip.  I made three rounds in open gas and then I red lit by .003.  The guy I ran broke out, so I beat myself.  It was a fun day anyway.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

WZJUNK ,back in '83 I finished the points series tied for first place. In the runoff for the series championship I redlit by .002 for a runner up spot. Then if it didnt happen again,'96 season finished tied for first place. This time I was NOT going to red light. My opponent red lit by....... .002 . It was my turn.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "chimp koose"WZJUNK ,back in '83 I finished the points series tied for first place. In the runoff for the series championship I redlit by .002 for a runner up spot. Then if it didnt happen again,'96 season finished tied for first place. This time I was NOT going to red light. My opponent red lit by....... .002 . It was my turn.

Hooley schooled me before the run and told me not to red light as chances are the guy that was chasing me down would brake out of his dial in.  He told me if I jumped the gun,  I would be out of the show.  I did not listen very well I guess as I tried to cut to good a lite.  However,  I have watched Hooley light up the red too.  It sure was fun.  I think I want to do a little bracket racing now.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I drove down to Hagarstown Indiana, and picked up the trim for my 65 Buick from Custom Metal Finishing. He did some plating, and some stainless polishing. It all came out nice, at a reasonable price.I'll post pictures tomorrow when I unpack it.

Boyd Who

The wife and I are on day 9 of our 32-day "fall colours" driving tour of eastern Canada/north-eastern USA. We've been in the Toronto area for the past 3 days and are heading to Niagara Falls this morning. Not doing much car stuff on the trip but we have met a few cool rodders so far ,plus we spent a couple of fantastic days at Denise's place in Livonia.