What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrumbler

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "Rrumbler"Wells Fargo was no real help through this, actually just sort of blowing us off when we asked for help; to their credit, though, they didn't fight the short sale at all, settling for about $.30 on the dollar mortgage value, and forgiving the rest.

I was told by someone that the "forgiven" amount is taxable as income.

Can you confirm or dispute that info?  

.....Thanks!

I can not, but that is the next step in the process: dealing with the IRS.  In the agreement with the bank, there was a convoluted explanation of the terms set forth by 'Uncle", and it seems to me that a portion of the difference will be taxable, but we don't know to what extent, yet.  We are going to get an appointment with the accountants this week or next.  I don't think the rules are "set in stone", but they have a lot of "- if this, then that" sort of stuff; different rules for different situations.  We shall see.  :?

Today, it's back to the grind; got some stuff on CL I have to fine tune, a sale pending, etc.

Later.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Boyd Who

I got a call from the Greyhound bus depot this morning regarding some boxes waiting to be picked up. :D

I'm just waiting for the box with the trim rings to arrive. Once these wheels are painted gloss black I think they'll really suit the truck. I'm really happy with my choice. :)

GPster

I like the way the rear wheels are concentric with the fender opening. GPster

Mikej

Al, I like the cardboard box. I think you should keep it. :shock:   Wheels look good too.

kb426

Al, what brand are the wheels?
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Those are made by Wheel Vintiques. I special ordered them through WheelMaster Classics in Calgary AB.

The taller tire in back really helped to fill the fender up. I've very happy with the whole look.

Mike...the only thing worse than a cardboard box is some paper *!  :shock:
I made that box so I could mess around with proportions a bit. The final box will be made of oak boards the way it may have been back in the 40's when it was first converted to a truck.

wayne petty

was doing some supervising today... knees really sore..

working on extracting a blown y2k ranger 3.0 that had a coolant leak into the oil pan.. causing the rod bearing failure and lots of mad men pounding inside of the engine...

the back plate on the impeller failed...   the folded blades unfolded.. scored their way through the timing cover..  

yes.. that is the Cam sprocket and bolt you are seeing right through the timing cover..

WZ JUNK

" Once these wheels are painted gloss black I think they'll really suit the truck"

Al,  I would consider having the wheels powder coated black.  Where I live there are several places that powder coat for a very reasonable price.  I can not paint most things for the price that they will powder coated them.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I vote with John if this is possible.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Powder coating them was my original choice as I expected them to be in bare steel. However, they arrived nicely primered so I think I'll just end up shooting them myself.

kiwipaul

Quote from: "Boyd Who"I got a call from the Greyhound bus depot this morning regarding some boxes waiting to be picked up. :D

I'm just waiting for the box with the trim rings to arrive. Once these wheels are painted gloss black I think they'll really suit the truck. I'm really happy with my choice. :)

I like that centre covers. Where did you get them and what paton is that mine is Jag and Ford
A Ford man that like all cars

Crosley.In.AZ

A work place thing.

Cyphering out the spacing , clearances, setup needed on a T-400 trans bolted to a big block Mopar.

A work bench is what you make it out of... this one is pallets
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Boyd Who

Quote from: "kiwipaul"I like that centre covers. Where did you get them and what paton is that mine is Jag and Ford

I got those at "The Rod Shop" in Calgary Alberta. They're called "Spider Caps" and I think So-Cal carries them, and possibly Speedway Motors. I know you can get them in 4.5" and 4.75" bolt patterns, not sure about other sizes.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Boyd Who"
Quote from: "kiwipaul"I like that centre covers. Where did you get them and what paton is that mine is Jag and Ford

I got those at "The Rod Shop" in Calgary Alberta. They're called "Spider Caps" and I think So-Cal carries them, and possibly Speedway Motors. I know you can get them in 4.5" and 4.75" bolt patterns, not sure about other sizes.

Jag is 4.75"
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I have been designing a new front for the flat cad Bonneville car.  It uses a blown 40's Cadillac flathead.  Interesting engine with a lot of modification.  They set two records at speedweek and had a top speed of about 160 MPH.  I will try to post pictures of the present look and a photshop look at what I am thinking of changing.  The changes mean it will have a narrower front track of about 10 inches.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH