What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

boyd who, check the opposite frame rail,maybe they both tilt out at the same angle.It could be possible that the frame was that way from the factory or has taken a set from the engine and trans weight over the years.The wood box idea looks good on the other truck because of the wire wheels. I think wheel choice makes a big difference as to whether or not a wood box 'works ' or not.

Boyd Who

The other frame rail is straight. I think this happened when I welded in the boxing plates on the drivers side. It's not a huge amount and if the pedal mount was shimmed/angled it won't be noticeable to anyone but me, but it bothers me a bit.

I'll be running reversed OEM early 60's steelies on the truck. They'll be painted black and have trim rings and spider caps with blackwall tires. I'm betting that that was pretty much what the Essex would have had for a box back in the 40's when it was first converted to a truck. I also have access to some gorgeous Oak boards to build it with.

Charlie Chops 1940

I like that wooden box design a lot. Very attractive, will not rust, and easy to tie a tarp to. Can't go wrong.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

Tomorrow, I get to go see the hookers! Car show in Hooker Ok. Way better than you would think. Full report later. :lol:
TEAM SMART

GPster

Just walked across the bridge to a car show over town. This is a big weekend in Marietta for "Sternwheel Festival" when a bunch of smaller sternwheel pleasure boats gather for what's billed as a race. It's been going on for 37 years with fireworks. bands, vendors and for probably the last 15 years the car show. No classes, just  hourly chances at the door prizes. Something to do for a couple of hours but the only thing that shook me out of my mood and ask questions about was a 369 (?) Peterbuilt cab on a one ton something frame. Didn't see anything to trade my CJ7 for. GPster

kb426

Yesterday at Hooker was very good. 231 cars, trucks, bikes. The weather was fabulous. Great day in many ways. I'm exercising the bikes today. Still looking for the next project.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

There's a private old-car wrecking yard about 40 minutes away from us and today I drove down and bought some carbs and a distributor to rebuild.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Boyd Who"There's a private old-car wrecking yard about 40 minutes away from us and today I drove down and bought some carbs and a distributor to rebuild.

Are you familiar with rebuilding carbs for a tripower? There was a good article in one of the magazines recently, and I have some other tips you might want.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I replaced the brake lines on the van I bought last spring. I just licenced it this week, when the plates on the old van expired. I used copper/nickle brake line. $40 for enough to do the whole van. Now I have to install the hitch, wire it for trailer brakes, install the winch battery and isolator, and convert for dual rear tires.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "enjenjo"Are you familiar with rebuilding carbs for a tripower? There was a good article in one of the magazines recently, and I have some other tips you might want.

Aside from a few posts on the HAMB I've read and one online article, no, I've never messed with anything like this before.

However, I'm still trying to decide if I'll run it as a working tripower or if I'll block the end carbs and just run the center. I'm not building the truck for racing and just running a 2BBL should be more than enough for it.

Rrumbler

I rested, sort of following the biblical admonition.  Spent the last two weeks from dawn to dusk getting moved out of our old place; sold it, had a short escrow.  Took the last trailer and pickup full out Friday at 1700; transfer deed was recorded at 1600, and the new folks were there to get the keys.  Finished unloading at about 1930, and just plain fell down and laid still for a spell.  I do feel much better, though; that $2000.00 a month albatross is gone from around our necks, and we may be able to live the rest of our lives in reasonable fashion.  Wells Fargo was no real help through this, actually just sort of blowing us off when we asked for help; to their credit, though, they didn't fight the short sale at all, settling for about $.30 on the dollar mortgage value, and forgiving the rest.  Tomorrow is a new day.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

chimp koose

good weekend at the track. The wagon picked up to a best ever8.93@153mph in4200 foot air.not bad for a 3400lb foot brake car.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Rrumbler"Wells Fargo was no real help through this, actually just sort of blowing us off when we asked for help; to their credit, though, they didn't fight the short sale at all, settling for about $.30 on the dollar mortgage value, and forgiving the rest.

I was told by someone that the "forgiven" amount is taxable as income.

Can you confirm or dispute that info?  

.....Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

river1

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"
Quote from: "Rrumbler"Wells Fargo was no real help through this, actually just sort of blowing us off when we asked for help; to their credit, though, they didn't fight the short sale at all, settling for about $.30 on the dollar mortgage value, and forgiving the rest.

I was told by someone that the "forgiven" amount is taxable as income.

Can you confirm or dispute that info?  

.....Thanks!

Maybe :?

There are stipulations but for more info

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/The-Mortgage-Forgiveness-Debt-Relief-Act-and-Debt-Cancellation-

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Charlie Chops 1940

Spent part of the morning finishing the re-hook-up of my sand blast cabinet. It's been out of commission for 3 or 4 years due to a move from one work shop room to another. Nice to have it operational again. Blasted a a couple pairs of Buick nailhead sheet metal plug wire covers. Had 3-1/2 sets. One set is pretty lacey now. I'm about 50/50 on good ones to crappy ones. The problem is that most are seen only in pictures before purchase...and pictures lie a lot. Two of the pair are probably plateable with minor polishing.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!