What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wayne petty"
Quote from: "Crosley"Falcon air intake through the headlite opening.  

Not pretty, but should help the engine get air in though that dang integral  log intake on the head

do the corrugations in the flex duct slow down the air by causing the outer layer to tumble??

or does it become a boundary layer allowing the inner layers of air to flow faster..

i ordered some nice smooth bore silicone molded elbows to replace some hard to find air box to throttle body flex elbows and was fairly happy with them.. not a ton of cash either..

you will probably need to stick to the bending reducers or the 45 degrees elbows to get the big size you might need at the front..

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/index.php?cPath=14&osCsid=f0fb1430c524f664d16788c65ad3becd

just an idea..

just curious.. knocked out the log end plug and ported the log section as i recall... any change that there is a freeze plug at both ends?? i don't think there was.. but i could be wrong.. how about a set of custom adaptors.. to a single butterfly for each end. to hook to a J pipe to that is also TEEed into the intake just below the carb.. so you can open them during high speed operation..   probably would throw off the resonant pulses  and screw up the air flow to the cylinders..  but again.. just an idea..

I dont have the cash for the smooth flow tubes or the silicone parts on a fixed income.  I've had no pay raise in 4.5 yrs  and my wife retired in june.  Big adjustment in car funds.

Ford log head intake has core plugs in each end.  I did not remove them to port the interior.

Ford knew there were problems with the log head design. Ford altered - increased the size of the log intake a couple times. The log head is well known for very poor distribution of fuel to cylinders.

One fellow removed the log intake off the head and installed 6 motorcycle carbs on the head.  Seems a bit complicated to me.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

I might hafta do some werk fixin a few broken things around the house and yard.  We'll see.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Crosley.In.AZ

trimmed a tree today.  

My pole chainsaw got stuck in the limb as it cut.  I hooked the truck and tug-em strap up. I brought the tree limb into compliance of what I wanted
Tony

enjenjo

Went to the County fair yesterday, had a good time with all the fair food. Today I had my head examined, the Dr. said I am normal, I don't know if that's good, or a commentary on how low the world has sunk.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"Went to the County fair yesterday, had a good time with all the fair food. Today I had my head examined, the Dr. said I am normal, I don't know if that's good, or a commentary on how low the world has sunk.

Shows you how much Drs. really know. :D I have to go to my Dr on thursday and it will go like this...   DR:"Well what are we here for todday?"
                 ME: "I don't know, you wanted to see me in three months"
                 DR: "Oh, just a checkup?"
                 ME: " I don't know, you tell me"
                 DR: " Hmmmm, let me see what's in your file"
And five minutes later I walk out.....Same conversation for two years now!  :D

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"

Shows you how much Drs. really know. :D I have to go to my Dr on thursday and it will go like this...   DR:"Well what are we here for todday?"

Sounds as though it's time for a new Doc.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Today was back to work after 4 days off. I feel like I need to be retrained. :lol: It was real warm here over the weekend. That's my kind of weather. I made 2 new dies for a simple metal bender that I bought 2 weeks ago. I gave the deuce a bath so it's ready for the next show this next weekend. The garage has been cleaned and I'm looking for the next project.
TEAM SMART

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"

Sounds as though it's time for a new Doc.
Naw, he's really a good Dr. he's helped me a lot, but it's just amuses me when everyone from the receptionist to the nurse to the Dr hisself asks ME what I'm there for.  :)

chimp koose

Spent the weekend drag racing in gimli. Broken valve spring in the camaro,no other damage as we took heads off to check.The altered did a best ever 7.40 , 1/4 mile w/151mph at the 1/8 mile. Next pass went into a wheelstand and near blowover,came down and broke the external oil pump and bent the frame.Jig time for that one . The station wagon I usually help on went 8.95@152 and 8.97@152 first 8 second passes ever.Took 2 years to get into the 8's.

Crosley.In.AZ

Naw, he's really a good Dr. he's helped me a lot, but it's just amuses me when everyone from the receptionist to the nurse to the Dr hisself asks ME what I'm there for.  :)

My regular - primary doctor does the same deal , cept it is every 6 months he wants me in.  My numbers are always the same.  Blood pressure is fine. I still need to lose 20 pounds.

PSA number is always so low, yet I still receive the ''inspection'' once a year. Then the doc comments I have the prostate of a 30 yr old.  I comment :  " I wonder if he wants it back?"

I am tired of hearing the phrase:  " at your age we need to do this"
Tony

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"Spent the weekend drag racing in gimli. Broken valve spring in the camaro,no other damage as we took heads off to check.The altered did a best ever 7.40 , 1/4 mile w/151mph at the 1/8 mile. Next pass went into a wheelstand and near blowover,came down and broke the external oil pump and bent the frame.Jig time for that one . The station wagon I usually help on went 8.95@152 and 8.97@152 first 8 second passes ever.Took 2 years to get into the 8's.

Sounds like a great weekend overall, aside from the damage.
Which way to you travel to Gimli? If you take Hwy 16 all the way you have to drive right past our house in Neepawa.

chimp koose

Boyd who, I am not sure how we get there . I ride shotgun as I cannot drive a semi.we take hwy16 out of yorkton but this trip we arrived in gimli about 2am. I am sleeping for quite a lot of the trip.I was supposed to be in neepawa with the jet funny cars this summer, made the trip out and was called back home as my uncle passed away.Next time with the jets we will have to arrange to meet up.

chimp koose

I spent this evening clearancing a set of sbc shaft rockers.there was evidence that they were just touching the reainers so I chucked them up in the mill and fly cut another .015 clearance.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"Boyd who, I am not sure how we get there . I ride shotgun as I cannot drive a semi.we take hwy16 out of yorkton but this trip we arrived in gimli about 2am. I am sleeping for quite a lot of the trip.I was supposed to be in neepawa with the jet funny cars this summer, made the trip out and was called back home as my uncle passed away.Next time with the jets we will have to arrange to meet up.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. :(
I wasn't in town that weekend anyway, we were in Alberta visiting people and taking in the Super Run. If you're ever out this way again please let me know. I'll try to make sure I'm around for a visit.

Boyd Who

I did some more mocking up on the weekend. Everything fits well and will give me a ton of leg room.

However, I found a hopefully minor problem. It appears that the drivers side frame rail has kicked out at the bottom approximately 5* off vertical in the center. This makes the brake pedal lean over to the passenger side a bit. Yes, I should have used a frame jig, so anyone who wants to say "I told you so" may do so now.  :oops:

I wonder if this is a real problem, or should I just trim the pedal mount at a slight angle to tilt it back to vertical.

Also, I need to build a new box for the truck. I've got one mocked up in cardboard that would be built of sheetmetal, but I've also toyed with the idea of building one out of wood. The Essex is a cut-down sedan that was done in the 40's, so I expect a wooden box was what was put on it back then. This is more or less what I had in mind for a box design. Opinions?