What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "enjenjo"That would fit real nice in your Lancer. :roll:

Today I installed the new glass fenders on the bed for this 47 Chevy pickup. Then I istalled a pair of 49 Mercury tail lights on the fenders. Suprisingly they were a near perfect fit, a skim coat of plastic will be enough to correct the curves. Now I'm working on the fuel door. Still in the idea stage.

I used a VW Beetle gas door on my truck.  It is in the right rear fender.  Seems like I did modify the way the gas neck came in to get the angle right.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"That would fit real nice in your Lancer. :roll:

it would fold up the Lancer like a cheap J C Penny suit
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Crosley if you mistakenly ship that blower motor to my address there will be a nice present for you at christmas!!! That puppy would fit in my front engine dragster chassis just fine! If I am not mistaken that injection has hat nozzles and port nozzles. Are those fuel nozzles feeding into the back of the blower as well or are they oil lines?

chopped

Took the body off a 88 Ram, have a 62 Dodge Townwagon to go on it. Need to lengthen the frame 8 in. I have enough help that know's what their doing to make it work.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chopped"Took the body off a 88 Ram, have a 62 Dodge Townwagon to go on it. Need to lengthen the frame 8 in. I have enough help that know's what their doing to make it work.

You'll need about 2 quarts of frame stretching gell for that. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "chopped"Took the body off a 88 Ram, have a 62 Dodge Townwagon to go on it. Need to lengthen the frame 8 in. I have enough help that know's what their doing to make it work.

does that work on body parts? especially, ahem, certain ones? :oops:  :oops:
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "river1"

does that work on body parts? especially, ahem, certain ones? :oops:  :oops:

Yes it will work on doors.  :P

Boyd Who

Nothing car related for me today. This morning I did a little more work on my new shop build, and in a few minutes I get to head out to cut some customers lawns.

enjenjo

QuoteI used a VW Beetle gas door on my truck. It is in the right rear fender. Seems like I did modify the way the gas neck came in to get the angle right.

I thought of that, but not too many of them left here.  I ordered a hinge from McMasterCarr, and a magneric latch, I am going to try to hinge the part of the fender I cut out as a gas door. We'll see how that works. In the meantime I'll hit the salvage yard, and see if I can find anything I can use there.

GPster

Well, today is officially the first day of "Grammy Camp". Responsible adults are leaving us with 3 grandkids and my 14 year old niece. In good timing this is also the weekend for the Broughton's Ice Cream Social.We bought tickets and it's an all-you-can-eat ice cream smogasboard                                        (Frank can fix the spelling). The closest I'll get to the garage this week will be "lifeguarding" the pool which will be set on the concrete apron in front of it. But I will be logging in her in an attempt to preserve my sanity. "Gramps"GPster

enjenjo

Today I sterted making hidden latches for this AD truck I am doing. I can post some pictures if you like.

enjenjo

QuoteI get to head out to cut some customers lawns

You have a lawn service?

57larry

I'm looking at the floor in my 72 Chevy C-10 and trying to decide where to buy patch panels from

kb426

I did some work on my mini bike project. I'll post pics on down the road. I had a real axle bearing leaking in the 32. I radiused the axle housing end and the new oring went right in. I think that will be the end of that problem. I'm leaving friday morning for Salina for the show.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

QuoteI get to head out to cut some customers lawns

You have a lawn service?

Yes and no. I started my own business last year doing junk removal, deliveries, and odd jobs. It started out quite slowly so I started cutting lawns to keep myself busy. Business has picked up so much this year that I've dropped all but two of my lawn customers as I can't dedicate the time needed to keep them happy.

Al