What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

OJ, I like it. What's the rest of the story?
TEAM SMART

oj

Quote from: "kb426"OJ, I like it. What's the rest of the story?

Thanks KB, it is a modified except for the V8 motor.  The rear end is hung from quarter elipticals so the frame ends right where you see it.  It is at ride height in the pic.  No, it isn't a ratrod but the finished paint might be 'distressed' a little, it will be properly finshed and upholstered.
Thanks, oj  now, about them rivets....

Crosley.In.AZ

At the work place today:

Some ''good-guy'' deal on a basic rebuild of a t-350 trans with converter, Carry out.   Kid does his own installation, 1978 Camaro, the BIG P.O.S. version of Camaro. Every panel is bent on this car.  Air cleaner sticking thru nice (not) hole in hood

Kid called monday unhappy.  Now the trans HAS problems.   He is told to bring it in.

Tuesday morning. Customer comes in with car.  He is a major ''richard'' to sales manager.  Manger tells him to kool his jets and lets see what is wrong.

Test drive shows the trans works great, but there is a vibration with engine RPM.

The photos show the converter bolts, loose. Converter is bolt pads are ruined.

Trans bell housing bolts were just as loose.

Kid has changed his tune now.  Asking for another ''deal'' on the repair.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Tell the kid, let's play "Let's Make A Deal".  Do you want to leave through door number one, door number two, or door number three? :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tell the kid, let's play "Let's Make A Deal".  Do you want to leave through door number one, door number two, or door number three? :lol:

OR ......All at the same time    :?:  :?:  :shock:

Will that be cash sir , or "C.O.D. " ....... ~:)  

Maybe sign him up for "Rightie-Tightie ..Lefty-Loosey Class"    :idea:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

oj

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Tell the kid, let's play "Let's Make A Deal".  Do you want to leave through door number one, door number two, or door number three? :lol:

I'm with you.  You can't do any more work for people like that because of the liability and he has shown irresponsibility.  When - not if - something happens he will be pointing fingers at whomever touched the car last.

Charlie Chops 1940

Busy day.

Washed the back side of my house and one wall of the work shop, got a check in the mail and rode my bike on a 10 mile round trip to deposit same, laid out some louvers on the tops of a 28/29 A hood, then had to put a gallon of hydraulic fluid in the machine to get it to work - 10 year leak down I guess, then punched 62 holes.

Time for supper.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Busy day.

Washed the back side of my house and one wall of the work shop, got a check in the mail and rode my bike on a 10 mile round trip to deposit same, laid out some louvers on the tops of a 28/29 A hood, then had to put a gallon of hydraulic fluid in the machine to get it to work - 10 year leak down I guess, then punched 62 holes.

Time for supper.

Charlie

Boy you got Wilsons hood done quick. Wife and I were on the river kayaking for 4 hrs today. It was a great day for it
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I went to the Hugoton Rod Run yesterday. The weather was great. There was a nice turnout and the evening meal and get together was very good. Just a few pics of diversity.
TEAM SMART

Arnold

Squeeze another short walk.. out of my not in pain yet..getting crippled..with some disease that Lab's with Shepherd in them get between
8-10 years, My American Lab is 13.
 Start doing a few very small touch ups on my pretty much rust free
12 y/o daily driver. Ditto for my cop Burb that I just bought.
 Try and figure out if the wheels..8 bolt..off my 94 1 ton van will fit
my 01 Burb. (There doesn't appear to be any interchange there?)(I suspect only the trim cap)) We'll see.

WZ JUNK

Still trying to desalt my wife's mini van.  I will run the lawn sprinkler under it again today and then I will treat it with Salt X.  This is the second day of flushing the bottom of the van.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Still trying to desalt my wife's mini van.  I will run the lawn sprinkler under it again today and then I will treat it with Salt X.  This is the second day of flushing the bottom of the van.John
Just buy her a new one, save the trade-in and when you go to Bonneville next year,take it and leave it there. GPster

enjenjo

Still working on the shop. The front is done, I did most of the back today. I still have both ends to do, and finish the soffit. This is taking longer than expected.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Worked on fresh air intake for my  1962  Falcon.  Hooking up air tube through headlite hole.  I removed the headlite assembly first   :shock:

Trying to figure a method to install light springs between the brake pads on front disc.  I want to reduce the resistance on the car as it accelerates
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"Trying to figure a method to install light springs between the brake pads on front disc.  I want to reduce the resistance on the car as it accelerates

Just take brakes off. You will be using a chute, right? :lol:

Later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.