What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Daily driver maintenance on the Silverado truck...  new brake fluid, oil change, tire pressure check = including the spare tire (25 psi in it), grease job on the few points that have zerts

I last changed the oil in the truck on June 19 , 2011 at 31,900 miles.  It now has 34,430 miles.  I'm gonna wear this truck out quickly
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Just got back from medicine hat. The one car went 7.0 /234mph clicking off early.The other had issues. Its a stretch ,but, anyone here have much experience with a J85 westinghouse jet engine?

sirstude

I snuck off work a bit early, I have been insulating and sound deading the Impala for the last  few days.  First rod run of the season is Friday, and I hope to be done by then.  Might not have the doors done, but will have the rest done.  I am too old and fat to be climbing in and out and all the kneeling, should have done this a long time ago.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

kicked back, sitting in shop at 5:30am, kool morning here at 69*F

Second day of vacation  for me.... my wife retires from current job in 3 weeks.  Hope she finds a fresh job quickly.  :lol:
Tony

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"kicked back, sitting in shop at 5:30am, kool morning here at 69*F

Second day of vacation  for me.... my wife retires from current job in 3 weeks.  Hope she finds a fresh job quickly.  :lol:

Tony, old guys do not sleep much, even on vacation.  I noticed Hooley posted the other night at about 2:00 AM.  I was up at 2:00 AM this morning filling the swimming pool.  I am on a community well it needed to be done at a low usage time.  I had to remove the cover as the fill water was getting on top of the cover instead of in the pool.  The cover is usually a two man job but I did it myself in the dark.

Now I want to take a nap.

Enjoy your time off.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

"Tony, old guys do not sleep much, even on vacation. " I just realized I may be an old guy!! :lol:
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"
Tony, old guys do not sleep much, even on vacation.  

Now I want to take a nap.

Enjoy your time off.

John

I've been an "early riser"  for years.  Although I now hit the bed by 9:30.. awake by 4am , sleep in till 4:30am some days.

Today, the Goldwing  gets new shoes on it. I bought the tires a few months ago, while they were "on sale" .

Next on the agenda this week:  "audiogram" to see where my hearing is at via machine testing.  LOL , I already know how bad the hearing is.  If people would simply speak up , stop mumbling , speak clearly ... I'd be fine.  :shock:

:!:
Tony

Glen

Picked up some of the first pieces from the powder coater today and couldnt be happier.
Everything is going to be powdercoated the same color. I even painted the inside of the doors so when they are closed you cant see any green on the door frames.

enjenjo

That looks good Glen. This is going to be a beautiful car.

My neighbor bought a car trailer made from an old travel trailer frame. He wants to haul his John deere backhoe on it. The backhoe weighs about 7500 lbs, and the trailer is just not heavy enough for that. So I am installing more crossmembers, tie downs, and a full steel deck. About half way through the job, working on it three days so far.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I've been so boring this week that I have nothing to post. Work and more work. I'll try to do better. :D
TEAM SMART

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"That looks good Glen. This is going to be a beautiful car.

My neighbor bought a car trailer made from an old travel trailer frame. He wants to haul his John deere backhoe on it. The backhoe weighs about 7500 lbs, and the trailer is just not heavy enough for that. So I am installing more crossmembers, tie downs, and a full steel deck. About half way through the job, working on it three days so far.

Axles are probably too light also
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

Hey Tony ....How did your "Audio-gram" test go  :?:

HUH  :?:  :?:

(It looks like you had a few days to study for it .. :lol: )

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "enjenjo"That looks good Glen. This is going to be a beautiful car.

Axles are probably too light also

Watch out for tire capacity also .. Most equipment trailers use 10 ply or Special Trailer tires ....

It has reached the point of being an "issue" for us to get broken down vehicles back on the road ....The correct size trailer tires are VERY hard to find quickly ...

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

QuoteAxles are probably too light also

QuoteWatch out for tire capacity also .. Most equipment trailers use 10 ply or Special Trailer tires

The axles are too light, 3500 lbs each. He doesn't want to change them. He did put bigger trailer rated tires on it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteAxles are probably too light also

QuoteWatch out for tire capacity also .. Most equipment trailers use 10 ply or Special Trailer tires

The axles are too light, 3500 lbs each. He doesn't want to change them. He did put bigger trailer rated tires on it.

He can change them now or later. It might be a lot more expensive later.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.