What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

Quote from: "kb426"What's wrong with the cdm?
I don't know but the radio plays for 10 seconds at turn on and then goes silent. It comes on now and then for another 10 seconds or so and I figured it's not the relay, and not any one speaker it's all, so it must be the CDM. I got one that might be good from a 90, which should work and I was planning on a swap to test but this thing is a SOB to remove and that link says it is worst getting it back in. As of tonight it's still in the car and I'm frustrated. Tomorrows another day.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

I tore a stockCrosley apart today.I am resealing the rear end, and replacing the transmission, and a bunch of little stuff.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Frank, with some radios it could also be a speaker. If there's a problem with one they all shut down. I had an intermittent problem with the cpes radio and tried everything, new grounds, wiring, etc. to no avail. Four years ago I decided to try new speakers and it's been fine ever since.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

Bob K stopped by for a visit this morning on his way to PA for the show down. He had the lovely Maggie with him.

Mikej

Dropped the Wife off at the airport. She going to Germany to see her dad. Hasn't seen him in 33 years. Hate having her travel alone. Travel isn't the same anymore.

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"Frank, with some radios it could also be a speaker. If there's a problem with one they all shut down. I had an intermittent problem with the cpes radio and tried everything, new grounds, wiring, etc. to no avail. Four years ago I decided to try new speakers and it's been fine ever since.
Yeah, I hear you Jack but I believe with all speakers working for 10 seconds or so, every once in a while that the problem is elsewhere. According to "DR Don" the corvette Bose expert per Corvette forum and  after my description of what was happening, in believed it was the CDM. That's why I'm in that direction. After this R&R, I hope he's correct.... Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

chimp koose

Taking off tonight to go help as crew for a  friends jet funny cars.He is booked in to do a show in medicine hat.I helped him out in '94 for a season of top alcohol racing with a TA/D and TA/FC.

wayne petty

i found this great video on replacing the intake manifold gaskets of a 2000 F150 with the 4.2 liter V6 as i am right in the middle of this job as i type..

this all started as a ford specific code  P1518..  then i saw the seeping intake gaskets...

for those with 4.2L V6 fords... 13 minutes of video watching will really help...

Husker

I am finishing the body work on a 02 Dakota I am rebuilding. If all goes well I will paint the box this weekend.

kb426

I installed a pair of gas shocks on the back of the 32. Tomorrow is a road trip to try out all the new parts from the winter.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Sharon and I participated in a neighborhood yard sale today. I hauled up a bunch of old house project pieces, old camping gear and even a couple of 4-bolt Mustang aluminum wheels, not to mention the 3 card tables worth of trinkets that most ladies like to buy. The leftovers fit in two small boxes similar in size to milk crates and are going to a local charity store on Monday. We also had a drawing table left which I'm going to try to match with a needy student next week.

We can eat out 4 or 5 times on the proceeds, and it was kinda fun.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

I finished the crosley pickup yesterday, Among other things, I installed a NOS guage cluster. I started it, checked the speedo, and all the gears, and shut it off. Ate lunch, and when I went back out there was oil all over the floor in the cab. :evil: My first thought was there was a problem with the oil line, but after fooling with that for an hour, I pulled the guage out of the cluster, which was full of oil, to find the Borden tube was cracked. :twisted: I reinstalled the old guage, and it was fine.

What it appears, some time in the past, someone took the new oil pressure guage out of the cluster, and installed a defective one in it's place, then put it back on the shelf. Live and learn.

kb426

I went to the Atwood early rod run yesterday. The weather didn't cooperate. I put 360 miles on the recent mods on the 32. The gas shocks were a pleasant upgrade. In retrospect, I don't know why I didn't buy them in the first place except the standard shocks are what you see on 95% of all the cars. The seat modifications helped my throttle leg considerably. The new front tires are balanced well so I'm good to go.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

Yesterday I bolted up the tie rod and rolled the Essex outside for the first time in a year and a half. Still have a long ways to go with it, but it's coming. Now I can roll it outside to finish stripping off the old paint. Things will progress slowly for the next while as we deal with my wife's health issues.

58 Yeoman

I finished painting the new 12x12 shed, just  in time for the rain to start.  Now, I can start taking all the lawn junk out of the shop and put it in there where it belongs.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil