What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

A Jag is a Dana 44 I believe.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

Quote from: "kb426"A Jag is a Dana 44 I believe.

I was thinking the same thing: a Dana 44 or something mighty similar.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"A Jag is a Dana 44 I believe.

Yes, and no. The early ones are Dana 44, the late ones are Salisbury, but virtually identical. Some parts interchange, some don't.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I finished rewiring the Ghia today. Between waiting for parts, and figuring out how it worked, I made no money on this job. The horn was the hardest part, I finally got it working saturday, and sunday it would not work again. So today I made up a new ground for it, and now it works. The last thing was the brake lights, both switches were bad, but the local parts store had them in stock.

enjenjo

I spent most of the day today building side boards for the trailer I built a couple weeks ago. Then I started on the next project, replacing the transmission in a 51 Crosley pickup.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"I spent most of the day today building side boards for the trailer I built a couple weeks ago. Then I started on the next project, replacing the transmission in a 51 Crosley pickup.
Stock transmission or Powerglide? I was talking with a guy about fiberglassing a front end for our Crosley one time and when I started the conversation he said that he had finally gotten rid of most of his Crosley parts and all he had left was a transmission. I've got a few other sources around here for mechanical parts but body parts seem non-existant. Of course being so close to Crosley's home town (not the Cincinatti one) transmissions are probably laying around in every home made lawn tractor. GPster

WZ JUNK

I built a frame for an AD truck using an S 10 frame and then fabricating all the body mounts and such.  The parts changed hands a couple of times and then recently my friend Larry bought all the stuff and assembled it.  He drove it to the shop today and I took a couple of pictures.  The wheelbase looked good and he said it drove good but I have not driven it yet.  I was glad to see it all together.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

kb426

I installed Bilstein shocks on the front of the 32. I'll find out in about a week if I accomplished anything.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Fatcat and I went to the Coldwater swap meet. sold some stuff, nothing spectacular, did raise $40 for the RRT racer. We go back tomorrow.

WZ JUNK

Hooley and I went drag racing Saturday.  Hooley ran the Henry J and I made some passes in the old truck.   It was a great day.  This is the 11th year that I have drove the truck to the strip, made some passes, and drove it home.   I had one good run against a 40 Willys coupe.

Life is good.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

I was chatting with folks about the 60's & 70's here in metro Phoenix area. High school stuff we did , places we ate.

Blakes Lotaburger came up and I last ate a burger there in the mid 1970's.  Blakes is now mostly located in New Mexico, none are in Aridzona .

On saturday I made a 625 mile round trip to eat a burger in Deming New Mexico. It was a trip on the Goldwing.  It was a good day
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Yesterday I got the Jeepster back in the garage. Pulled the tarp off of it and was shocked how much stuff I had stuffed into the passenger compartment before I pushed it outside last fall. I need to unload it and start putting a floor in it. A convertable without a floor looks like a    "Sway-back" and after the middle Jeep goes down the road I might have to license it. I was lucky enough to get a personalized GPSTER plate and if I don't keep it I may not be able to get it back. GPster

slocrow

I'm pulling the CDM (Bose brain) from under the dash OMG, its 4 hours already and I can't seem to get it done. I'm using old cuss words a lot. Why oh why did they put it there...........  :cry:
&feature=related
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

kb426

I just watched a little of the video. When he says " this looks easy but it's not", that should be a warning that you might lose your religion. I have done partial restorations on a 60 and a 64 corvette. I thought the 64 was easier but in retrospect, that may have been because I liked it more. What's wrong with the cdm?
TEAM SMART