What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

today.. after i finish a MPV valve job..  the wife is taking me to Chris and Pitts steak house for my birthday lunch..

enjenjo

Quote from: "wayne petty"today.. after i finish a MPV valve job..  the wife is taking me to Chris and Pitts steak house for my birthday lunch..

Happy birthday!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

BFS57

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "wayne petty"today.. after i finish a MPV valve job..  the wife is taking me to Chris and Pitts steak house for my birthday lunch..

Happy birthday!!!

Hello;
Happy Birthday from me too! Enjoy that Lunch!

Bruce

GPster

Well, even though my day started out shaky other things happened to keep my mind occupied so I didn't spend my day fretting. Yesterday was the garden tour. There were 188 people toured our yard not counting other stragglers. There were enough people asking about the pond that I didn't have to appear dumb not knowing the proper name of this green growing thing (grass?). Unfortunately we served refreshment and between questions I may have been too close too close to the tray of cookies but my blood sugar was passable this morning. Now I have six days to convert our backyard into a playground for our grandchildren. I'll find something to worry about. GPster

papastoyss

Happy birthday & BTW thanks again for the help on the Chevy pickup brake hose. That POS is fixed.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

UGLY OLDS

Happy Birthday from us also ..Enjoy your lunch  :!:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carps

Happy burfday (note correct Austrailian spelling) Wayne.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

reborn55

Happy Birthday also :D

Took wife in for minor hip surgery this morning--supposed to be on crutches for 7-10 days.  Guess it is time for me to do some housework for awhile.   She is worth it.  :wink:

Carnut

Charlie Chops 1940

As some know I have been working the last couple years on long overdue rust repair on my '40 Chevy convert. The rockers and floors are done finally and I've moved into the trunk. I found some fiberglass on the top of the passenger side rear wheel well. Chipped it all out and found some lacey holes around five if the caged nuts. I've marked what to cut out and will make individual patches to hold each cage nut.

When I started scraping old undercoat that has basically changed to dirt I was reminded of the checkered past of the car. I've had the old girl for 31 years and stripped and repainted the outside about 25 years ago. It had the original maroon, then Firebird green, then silver and maroon with flames front to rear when I got it. I'll see if I can scan a picture later today and post it. Anyway, scraping the undercoat away revealed a light coat of Firebird green  in the rear wheel well area. I'm sure the other side will yield the same.

I don't have any pictures of the car as I bought it but I do have a copy of the feature done on it in Rod Action in 1977 or '78 in the green. Probably haven't looked at that in 31 years.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

YEOW....  :b-d:    31 years is a LONNNGGG time to own a car .....I had a couple that I think the payment book went that far ...Or so it seemed ... :shock:
Is yours like my Kid's Dodge ?   Built for him in 1988 & still under "warranty" at Pops Garage  :?:   :lol:  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I was thinking the other day, I have had the Marlin for 21 years.

Today I drove down to Lima Ohio and picked up a 99 Buick Century we bought, to fix Shelby's car. Her's was involved in a deer accident, damaging the front sheet metal. The one I bought has a bad engine, but no body damage, and is the SAME color and trim level as hers. So for the price of the replacement parts, we have OE parts painted the correct color, and a bunch of parts to sell, or use on other projects.

phat46

If her car **** a deer it must have a bigger tailpipe than my truck!!! :shock:  :D  :lol:

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"If her car **** a deer it must have a bigger tailpipe than my truck!!! :shock:  :D  :lol:

The problem was the deer and the car tried to occupy the same space at the same time. The car won, but not without damage to both. I might add, this was before Shelby got the car. It was all cosmetic damage, the car is still driveable, but it needs a front bumper cover, grille, hood, left fender, and headlight.

kb426

I went to work. It got up to 103 today. Not a problem for me but I'm trying to get excited about going to the garage. May not be the best time for a project.
TEAM SMART