What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat46"If her car **** a deer it must have a bigger tailpipe than my truck!!! :shock:  :D  :lol:

The problem was the deer and the car tried to occupy the same space at the same time. The car won, but not without damage to both. I might add, this was before Shelby got the car. It was all cosmetic damage, the car is still driveable, but it needs a front bumper cover, grille, hood, left fender, and headlight.

Ahhhh, you changed the wording in your original post, now my reply makes even less sense.. :D

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "phat46"If her car **** a deer it must have a bigger tailpipe than my truck!!! :shock:  :D  :lol:

The problem was the deer and the car tried to occupy the same space at the same time. The car won, but not without damage to both. I might add, this was before Shelby got the car. It was all cosmetic damage, the car is still driveable, but it needs a front bumper cover, grille, hood, left fender, and headlight.

Ahhhh, you changed the wording in your original post, now my reply makes even less sense.. :D

You must have misread it, that was one of my posts that I didn't have to edit, unless someone else did.............
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Here's a shot from Nats North in Detroit in 1980 - silver & maroon and a pic at Bonneville 2005 - blue.

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"As some know I have been working the last couple years on long overdue rust repair on my '40 Chevy convert. The rockers and floors are done finally and I've moved into the trunk. I found some fiberglass on the top of the passenger side rear wheel well. Chipped it all out and found some lacey holes around five if the caged nuts. I've marked what to cut out and will make individual patches to hold each cage nut.

When I started scraping old undercoat that has basically changed to dirt I was reminded of the checkered past of the car. I've had the old girl for 31 years and stripped and repainted the outside about 25 years ago. It had the original maroon, then Firebird green, then silver and maroon with flames front to rear when I got it. I'll see if I can scan a picture later today and post it. Anyway, scraping the undercoat away revealed a light coat of Firebird green  in the rear wheel well area. I'm sure the other side will yield the same.

I don't have any pictures of the car as I bought it but I do have a copy of the feature done on it in Rod Action in 1977 or '78 in the green. Probably haven't looked at that in 31 years.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Hey Charlie! I much prefer the current version! 31 years is a long time....I bought my 68 Firebird in 1970 with 8K miles on the clock.....guess I've had the old girl 40 years.....seems like yesterday! The original color of my old bird appears to be the same "Ugly" green as was on your 40.....Sure glad I painted it Red a few years ago!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

chimp koose

what did I do today? I finally got the filter and pump working on my sons aquarium. We picked up a 260IMP gallon aquarium the other day from an old friend of mine.Getting it in the basement was an ordeal to say the least.

mrloboy

Just spent the past two hours convincing a pair of skunks that they didn't want to live in my garage! Time for a shower!

sirstude

I am going out to the yard to cut a quarter panel out of an early Pinto, for the yard owners V8 pinto that got hit in the parts store lot.  A friend is fixing it for him, and I have the cordless saw.  Also getting the "A" piller from an early Mustang for another friend.  And then, of course, there are parts for my Oldsmobile waiting there for me to remove them and bring home.   Should be a fun day.   Forecast is for 85 today.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

reborn55

Helping wife around the house.  She is getting around better--no crutches for now---I am sure she will overdo herself.  Have to work on a 57 Chevy pickup for a bit and then get the 55 out for Saturday night cruise.

WZ JUNK

I blocked sanded the doors of the 974 for the last time this morning.  I will paint them first thing tomorrow.  I glassed the air dam back together yesterday and I will start filling and sanding it today.  

I noticed the Landracing board is really getting busy.  Lots of people from all over the world are getting excited.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Carps

I'm about five minutes away from boarding a plane to Noo Zillund.

Hope they've got Baaabaaara warmed up for me.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

imwalkin

I got my motors mounts in today..

Build tread with pics tomorrow.

Crosley.In.AZ

My dog  is helping me in the shop today
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

small block chevy engine in shop at work.

it is out of a sand rail  drag car
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

That would fit real nice in your Lancer. :roll:

Today I installed the new glass fenders on the bed for this 47 Chevy pickup. Then I istalled a pair of 49 Mercury tail lights on the fenders. Suprisingly they were a near perfect fit, a skim coat of plastic will be enough to correct the curves. Now I'm working on the fuel door. Still in the idea stage.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

grazza

No car work for me today  :cry: . I can't afford to be to far away from the WC.............................................................. :oops:

(Had planned on starting work on my new chassis, but that aint going to happen today unfortunately)
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone