What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Wonderful about your dad Frank.I spent last night fitting the king pins on my T axle ,almost done .

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am in Columbus Oh today, my father is being inducted into the Ohio military hall of fame for heroism in WWII.

That's fantastic Frank, congratulaions to him. A LOT more of these guys need recognition for the bravery and sacrifices during WWII.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"Wonderful about your dad Frank.I spent last night fitting the king pins on my T axle ,almost done .

It was a very nice ceremony. It was held in the atrium of the Ohio state house, with a luncheon after at the AmVets post in Westerville.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"I am in Columbus Oh today, my father is being inducted into the Ohio military hall of fame for heroism in WWII.

Congratulations  !!  I agree .. We need to recognize the people that helped keep the freedoms that we have ....

Bob ....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

A picture of him getting the award

Crosley.In.AZ

kool,  congrats to yer dad.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I'm about to go to a classic car auction. I do not expect to be poorer upon my return. :lol: There's a 33 Ford panel wagon that one of my friends instructed me to bid on for him. I don't think we're going to own it. I'm planning on entertainment for a couple of hours and that's it.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Since I have relocated the engine / trans in my 1948 Simca , I built new trans cross member.  

I was able to keep the same frame mounts and use the fancy bent tube to move the mount pad forward
Tony

jaybee

Frank, you must be so proud of your Dad...I'm sure he was busting his buttons as well.

#2 son graduated from Iowa State last night. Housework today, party tomorrow.

That's 2 through college, no pregnancies, no arrests. Mom and Dad can breathe a sigh of relief.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

The 33 panel was restored. It brought $36100. 31 Model a deluxe roadster brought $33000. 23 t runabout brought $16000. 1931 Model a slant windshield 4 door sedan brought $19900. I was surprised at the prices. Pretty good entertainment for an hour and a half.
TEAM SMART

Glen

Frank....awesome story about your dad.

Went by the paint shop today....A friend is painting the chassis at his shop, then it is going to Dean.  PPG mixed the base color to match the powdercoaters grey....its easy to do that, impossible to match powder coat to paint.

enjenjo

Tore down a Jag rear, actually pretty simple. This is the first I have done, and it took less than 3 hours. The calipers are stuck so they and the rotors will need replaced, but it has a 3.31 gear, and a posi.

kb426

The yellow xs650 cafe racer that I did a year ago left today. I have a tiny bit of space now.  :D
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Cleaning out stuff,  cabinets , shelves .

Found some old lacquer paint, old paint guns...  it is like I painted automobiles at one time in my life.
Tony

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"Tore down a Jag rear, actually pretty simple. This is the first I have done, and it took less than 3 hours. The calipers are stuck so they and the rotors will need replaced, but it has a 3.31 gear, and a posi.
I used a Jag rear under a 32 Chevy I built 20 some odd years ago. Kugel makes bushings to replace the bearings & mickey mouse shim packs in the suspension pivot points.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!