What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "wayne petty"just curious...

that looks like a 20,000 pound PTO driven winch on the front bumper..  yes.. or is it a hydraulic winch..  driven off a belt driven pump.. or does dodge even offer a PTO drive option on any of their transmissions???  

he must go DEEP DEEP into the wilderness with that..   bet its got huge fuel tanks also..

not sure on the drive of the winch.. there were some large power cables near it.

The stack at the rear of the truck passenger side.  it looks like a stove pipe stack.. it is.  A wood burning stove is inside. I was told the interior of the vehicle front n back smelled strongly of poop.

Looks like a "prepper"

phat46

Made two trips to the scrap yard, one yesterday, one today. Hauled some pretty clean structural steel from an old farm. We had to hump it up a hill and about 50 yards to the trailer. Made $436 for about 3 1/2 hours work! Got about 1/4 of it cleaned up, the rest is big I beams and channel that's too heavy for us to carry by hand. We're working on a way to get it out of there. What's left is far heavier than what we carried, some of the I beams are 15' long and about 10" tall; looks like about 3/8" thick. There's a lot of money sitting there if we can haul it out.

phat rat

Well the deal on the big trailer was canceled. the seller had no idea how to measure a trailer. He had it advertised as 33' I started to get concerned with how long it looked and call the factory and found that it was really 38' so with the tongue it's 42'. At that length I would be over length in many states I run through and I didn't want to deal with the DOT.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Fixed the garage door opening device with replacement plastic gears a couple eweeks ago.

I have now checked the othjer opening devices and they look like new inside. Plastic gears are OK , plenty of lube on them.

thanks for the help and concerns.   :D
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Boyd Who

Quote from: "Carnut"Groan,

I think Boyd Who is trying to give me a heart attack.

All those great Chrysler spare parts, ugh.

Sorry!! :P
I believe they're asking $500 each for the two Chryslers.

There's a very good chance that the '58 Fargo garbage truck will be coming home with me as soon as the field dries out. All I want is the 354 hemi that's in it  and a few trim pieces...does anyone need anything else off it if I do get it?

wayne petty

Quote from: Boyd Who
Quote from: "Carnut"Groan,

There's a very good chance that the '58 Fargo garbage truck will be coming home with me as soon as the field dries out. All I want is the 354 hemi that's in it  and a few trim pieces...does anyone need anything else off it if I do get it?

that garbage truck might make a neat partially enclosed car transporter.. if the humpback door was removed and ramps installed..  probably never get the smell out of it...

don't forget.. that thing probably has a massive hydraulic system on it..  so there are LOTs of valves , cylinders , flow splitters and pumps for log splitters..

kb426

I finished up my son's birthday present. This is way off topic. This was the base Fender Stratocaster. Real cheap. I bought this off of ebay. It came with a bag and a strap. It was black. I have painted it to match his motorcycle. Then I gave it a little hotrod tune up. The guitar world is just about like hotrods. The pickups have been rewired. The tremolo has been replaced and modified. I used the new vise that I bought in the mill to modify the tremolo. I'm tickled that it takes lots of equipment to do any project anymore. Hope I'm not putting anybody to sleep with this.  :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Although I am not a guitar player, I can appreciate the work that goes in to a custom one. I read the other day about a 1955 Strat that was found in a basement, in the box, unopened, never been strung. Valued at $100,000.

Remember the Ford engine I spent most of a day get broken bolts and plugs out of? Today whole cleanig up the exhaust side of one of the heads, a rust hole appeared in the head itself. I have never seen that before on a running engine.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

The day has finnally arrived, do you remember the trip to your fair shores when I took with my friend Scooter to pick up a 48 panel truck with a 392 hemi in it?

Well we have been building him  a 33 Dodge sedan for it to go into, and  the hemi is now at home in his Dodge and finally on it's way to get rego today, I spent the weekend giving the sedan a coat of white primer so it was all the same color and boy does it look good.

Here's hoping to be cruising in it this weekend  :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Boyd Who

I had some friends come over today so we could lift the cab onto the chassis. Still in the mock-up stage but it's starting to look like a truck again! :D

UGLY OLDS

Al .......The truck looks GREAT ...... 8)  
 How do you keep your garage so clean :?:      

It's got to be a toss-up between you & Glen for neatness & organization... :lol:  :lol:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Boyd Who

Thanks Bob!
I'm pretty anal about keeping the shop as tidy as I can. It really does get dirty and messy at times, I just don't take pictures when it's like that.  :lol:

WZ JUNK

I had some friends stop by for lunch today.  All three cars are fuel injected.  This was the first outing for the 57 Olds.  I built the Plymouth several years ago.  A good day.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Thanks Bob!
I'm pretty anal about keeping the shop as tidy as I can. It really does get dirty and messy at times, I just don't take pictures when it's like that.  :lol:

It always takes a bit of effort to keep things tidy. I've been in my shop for 38 years and it occasionally gets bent out of shape, but I do sweep the floors every day I'm out there.

I was out riding my bicycle on Sunday and stopped by my wife's brothers shop. He built a new  3 stall unit last fall and in 6 months he has managed to make it look like crap. His wife more or less made him put this up so the house garage could be cleaned out and parked in...ha, now they are both a mess.
I felt better about my clutter as I finished my ride home. I'd have taken a picture but I only had my cell phone with me....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

John, it all sounds good to me. The 57 gets my attention.
TEAM SMART