What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I put on a new chain and sprockets and changed the oil on the vfr800. It's all ready now. Yesterday was 90 degrees here. I had all the bikes out exercising them. I'm wore out and ready for work tomorrow.  :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Worked on the Buick today. Modified the side trim, shortened some quarter trim to use on the front fenders, and  shortended another pair of quarter spears for the rear doors. I am using Skylark trim, I like the looks better than the Sportwagon trim. I also removed the integrated portholes on the front fender trim. The rear doors on a Sportwagon are 4" longer that Skylark doors, which is 1" longer than front doors. Now off to an ace welder.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Well I got crazy last night on Ebay. I bid on this and got it, much to my surprise. He lowered the reserve so much it was more that $1000 less than bid on it just over a week ago. Now I'll be making a trip to Ft. Lauderdale to get it
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I'm particularly boring. I'm rewiring a guitar that will be a birthday present and I just installed a combo wall receptacle that is 120v and has dual usb plugs.  :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat rat"Well I got crazy last night on Ebay. I bid on this and got it, much to my surprise. He lowered the reserve so much it was more that $1000 less than bid on it just over a week ago. Now I'll be making a trip to Ft. Lauderdale to get it

that looks like a dang loooong trailer.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

Quote from: "phat rat"Well I got crazy last night on Ebay. I bid on this and got it, much to my surprise. He lowered the reserve so much it was more that $1000 less than bid on it just over a week ago. Now I'll be making a trip to Ft. Lauderdale to get it

that things  long..  

how are you ever going to get it over speed bumps...  
can air bags be installed over the axles to boost the height when you need to get it up to clear dips...

is it going to hang up going in driveways...   looks like you might have to disconnect to get into gas stations. if there are No truck stops around.... or carry a fuel transfer tanker like dealer shops have...

perhaps i am running long on this..

it might also call for some back up cameras mounted looking back from the rear of the fenders to see what the tail feathers are doing..  when turning a corner... kinda like they need on the A380s to stop from running into stuff with the wing tips..

perhaps one of the 4 camera set ups from costco with a DVR and 4 screen output.. for your dash board video display..  perhaps put two cameras on the back of your truck.. and just two on the trailer fenders...

look like it has some side rail pockets along the back sides.. going to shave some 2x4s down to fit tight and cut the top to an angle so you could mount of pair of traffic cones on the top so people will see it..

or slip some of the tubular traffic lane marking poles over the 2x4..  but some traffic cones would work great.. even if you bungee them down to the last pair of D rings on the back...  just to make it more visible.  shapes and colors the brain sees as danger.. something there to avoid..

river1

Quote from: "phat rat"Now I'll be making a trip to Ft. Lauderdale to get it

well it IS spring break time in fla. post lots of pictures

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

A buddy of mine bought a used 351 Windsor to replace the one in his truck. He called me and said he broke off 6 of the spark plugs removing them. I went down and too a look, the spark plug bodies were rusted clear through just above the head. I managed to use a easyout made for brass fittings, and a little heat to get the plug bodies out of the head. It took about an hour.

The bolts in the exhaust manifold were rusted to nubs, so I cut the heads off the bolts with a torch, and removed the manifolds, leaving the bolts intact. 15 of them came out fairly easily, using heat, but one would not come out. We ended up drilling it out, only to find that in the past, someone had Helicoiled it, and had not tapped the Helicoil deep enough, locking the bolt in place. I removed the Helicoil, and retapped the hole deeper, and installed a new one. Took me 5 hours to do all of them, about 2 hours for the bad one..
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Wayne and Crosley. I'm not to worried about the length. As far as gas stops go I usually do truck stops. I have a 76 gal capacity with the 02 Chevy HD  and 110 gal with the dually. It has the required reflective strips on the side. I'll also have a semi sleeper on the front. At this time I don't know if I'll buy another one or transfer the one from my other trailer pictured here. Jim, I don't know if it's spring break yet or not, but in any case I won't have time to check it out. Besides why tease yourself? :lol:  :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

idrivejunk

Since we're talking length anyway ...

Reunited this body and chassis today-

Matt

jaybee

Ooh, that's nice. The unibodies are pretty uncommon, too.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Just to show y'all we dont always work on race car or nice street rods... we get unusual stuff too
Tony

kb426

Tony, I'd be afraid to ask.  :)
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

just curious...

that looks like a 20,000 pound PTO driven winch on the front bumper..  yes.. or is it a hydraulic winch..  driven off a belt driven pump.. or does dodge even offer a PTO drive option on any of their transmissions???  

he must go DEEP DEEP into the wilderness with that..   bet its got huge fuel tanks also..

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wayne petty"just curious...

that looks like a 20,000 pound PTO driven winch on the front bumper..  yes.. or is it a hydraulic winch..  driven off a belt driven pump.. or does dodge even offer a PTO drive option on any of their transmissions???  

he must go DEEP DEEP into the wilderness with that..   bet its got huge fuel tanks also..

not sure on the drive of the winch.. there were some large power cables near it.

The stack at the rear of the truck passenger side.  it looks like a stove pipe stack.. it is.  A wood burning stove is inside. I was told the interior of the vehicle front n back smelled strongly of poop.
Tony