58 Yeoman

I like the second panel truck...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Lots of good tin there, even some of the "late model" stuff. Even the four door cars have a ton of good parts on them. i notice the vehicles are all numbered, why is that?

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"Lots of good tin there, even some of the "late model" stuff. Even the four door cars have a ton of good parts on them. i notice the vehicles are all numbered, why is that?

I'd bet they were bought at auction
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Boyd Who

The ones with the numbers are for sale. Some of the others might be sold later, the family is still trying to decide. I'm working on getting the hemi out of the garbage truck. I believe it's a 354.

The light green panel is really rotten along the bottom of the body. There's not much holding the ds rear fender on. A friend of mine bought the pair of them.

Carnut

Groan,

I think Boyd Who is trying to give me a heart attack.

All those great Chrysler spare parts, ugh.

Mikej

Just got done with our Spring Kiwanis Pancake Day. I was suspose to be in charge. You can imagine how that works... :lol:  Fun people.

Crosley.In.AZ

Swap meet this morning... usually a good one by Vintage Chevrolet Club  group..  a 2 day deal.

Many empty spaces, smaller crowd than last one by the same group.

I found nothing I had to buy.  A few old tools, old oil cans , dispenser stuff..
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

1949 Nash there... in decent shape, clear title, 4500 dollars
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I painted the amp stand that I made a few weeks ago and a guitar body that is my son's birthday present. I machined the tremelo block to make it function better because of the manufacturing tolerances that seem to be in place. It got up to almost 90 degrees here again. I had green beer for the first time today. :lol:  Tuesday I should be freezing again.
TEAM SMART

wayne petty

just got back from a short trip out to hemet.. had to change out some exhaust manifolds on a 96 ford straight six van..  not a simple job..   not impossible ... darn things only last 200,000 miles before they fail..  this is the second set i have had to install.. yes.. its got 400K and still going strong.. i did replace the fiber cam gear about 6 months ago at 380K and the harmonic damper just before that..  i should have taken some pictures..

if it makes it to 600K.. i think i will have a set of shorty headers welded up.. as three times is the most i want to do any job..  :roll:

enjenjo

The king pins for the spindles we are using on the race car were pretty bad, so we needed replacements. A king pin set for a Volvo PV544 is $160. :shock:  The stock Volvo king pins measure .747", or 19mm. I found a source for 4140 prehardened .750" bar stock for $12 a ft. One foot was plenty. An hour on the lathe and we have new king pins. And the old bushings can be honed to fit the new pins.

The axle ends that Speedway sent were the wrong ones, they were for a .812" king pin. I called and the smaller version has been discontinued, so that's why they sent me the ones they did. So I sleeved the king pin boss in the axle end, and rebored to  the correct size for the Volvo pins. I still have to shorten the king pin boss by .187 on each end, then we can finally put it all together.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

i was going to go out for a drive.. but the los angeles marathon is running in the next block.. so all the traffic is on my street..  i just backed my van into its parking spot and gave up..

nascar is on fox from bristol.. and american lemans from sebring later this afternoon on ABC...

chimp koose

I was wondering what material would be sufficient to make king pins out of. Enjenjo, I guess 4140 prehardened is the stuff .I had ordered kingpins and bushings for my econoline spindles and the wrong ones were shipped.Also , Ford size is .741" . I had already made sleeves to size my axle down to .750" and put in spindle bushings that size. I think I will copy you and make kingpins. Less work in the long run since I have bushings in and sleeves made to that size. Then I will hone the bushings to fit with our rod resizer.My axle flange is .060" wider than the spindle so I am cleaning up the lower face where the bearing goes to get clean up the worn surface and to make up for the sizing issue. I was not sure what material to use for the kingpins, thanks for the tip.

enjenjo

Quote from: "chimp koose"I was wondering what material would be sufficient to make king pins out of. Enjenjo, I guess 4140 prehardened is the stuff .I had ordered kingpins and bushings for my econoline spindles and the wrong ones were shipped.Also , Ford size is .741" . I had already made sleeves to size my axle down to .750" and put in spindle bushings that size. I think I will copy you and make kingpins. Less work in the long run since I have bushings in and sleeves made to that size. Then I will hone the bushings to fit with our rod resizer.My axle flange is .060" wider than the spindle so I am cleaning up the lower face where the bearing goes to get clean up the worn surface and to make up for the sizing issue. I was not sure what material to use for the kingpins, thanks for the tip.

Sent you a PM
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.