What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

On the road headed home. Ran from Sedona Az. to Tulsa Ok.  It was just a bit over 1025 mi. Took 14 1/2 hrs. With 75mph speed limit in Az, NM and Tx. plus few towns or traffic you can really make time.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

I think you exceeded the DOT hours of service.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

This was back in the shop yesterday.  One of my favorites.  The turn signals had quit working.  There was a broken wire connection inside the signalstat switch.  A new switch, with a bad factory connection.  The car is to run in the great race again this summer.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

tore down a monster truck power glide this afternoon.. Bounty  Hunter is name of the truck.

These trucks are hard on parts.  Ring gear is blown to bits, inner explosion shield bent, case has a few minor cracks from explosion.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Re-assembled the corvair box the other day..  I machined the threaded cover for the seal and pressed that in place during the reversal process
Tony

chimp koose

made frame brackets for the 4 bar front end on the model t.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"I think you exceeded the DOT hours of service.

LOL Yes today also. But the wife did do some driving. Left Tulsa just before 9 a.m. est and got home 11:45 p.m. est. So Sedona to home in 2 days. For both of us once we start for home it's like the horse headed for the barn. But we've never done it as quick as this before.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"

LOL Yes today also. But the wife did do some driving. Left Tulsa just before 9 a.m. est and got home 11:45 p.m. est. So Sedona to home in 2 days. For both of us once we start for home it's like the horse headed for the barn. But we've never done it as quick as this before.

At least you had some help driving. SWMBO has Narcolepsy, so she can't drive for any distance.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"

At least you had some help driving. SWMBO has Narcolepsy, so she can't drive for any distance.

I'm just the opposite, I cannot sleep in a car, I don't even get drowsy, that is unless I'm driving. If I get tired driving and my wife takes over, which is rarely, I am then wide awake. I have never been asleep in a car...except those micronaps you have while driving. the ones that give you a little shot of adrenelin and keep you awake for a few minutes!  :shock:

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

I'm just the opposite, I cannot sleep in a car, I don't even get drowsy, that is unless I'm driving. If I get tired driving and my wife takes over, which is rarely, I am then wide awake. I have never been asleep in a car...except those micronaps you have while driving. the ones that give you a little shot of adrenelin and keep you awake for a few minutes!  :shock:

It's the first time she's driven with us on vacation. In fact she rarely drives with me in the car. Last year when I had my broken pelvis I HAD to let her drive me. She likes to dirve and she really had a ball driving the mountain curves from Cottonwood Az thru Jerome to Prescott Az. It's over 100 curves

Crosley.In.AZ

i'm gettin healthy again since recent back - hip problems again.  This thing of getting worn out, broke down and tired is bull feathers

I recieved a few parts this week.  I am able to get back to work on the Simca.

New straight axle off eBay, guy located in TN.  Parallel leaf springs are Speedway Motors.

The spindles, hubs, rotors I;ve had for 15 yrs or more.  Just bought VW calipers for the setup
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Monster truck glide guts all pretty again... install pump and valve body. Dyno test.  

Go out n drive all nutz and jump stuff again
Tony

58 Yeoman

We're going to hit more garage/estate sales today, same as we do every Saturday.  Always hoping to find more deals like this one; paid $15 for it, and only had to clean years of dust off it.  It went to Russia.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110819899569
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Boyd Who

I spent a couple of hours wandering around a farm this morning. Lots of cool vintage tin scattered about, including a late 50's Fargo garbage truck. My heart was racing when I spotted it, and when I slogged through the lake-field and got the hood open I was quite pleased to find a complete, low-miles hemi!!
In talking with the farmer it sounds like I can probably have the engine/trans out of it, once we figure out how to get it moved from the field. It's sunk up to the frame in the back.  :D

Boyd Who

Thar's GOLD in them thar hills!

Pics from this mornings adventure. This is all in one farm yard about 10 miles from us.

I'm hopefully going to buy the engine out of this '58 Fargo garbage truck: