What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Good to read you guys are still gettin things done and havin a good time makin memories.

Been busy doing the coporate boogie, it's still fun but gettin to be not as much as it used to.  Sign of the times I guess.

Occasionally find some time to do some car modelling and paint slappin, even a bit of rod runnin.

Maybe I'll see some of ya'all in August.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rrumbler

Staying inside, mostly, putzin' with odds and ends.  It's a good thing I have A/C in the shop,  I can get something done out there if I'm of a mind - temps are a-cookin'; that's desert life for ya'.

Had left over Stromboli for lunch - thanks, Frank; Four Kegs has become one of my favorite places to go when I am in the mood.  For the illumination of the unknowing, Frank introduced me to the Stromboli sandwich a while back, and it has become one of my favorite things to eat.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

enjenjo

QuoteFrank introduced me to the Stromboli sandwich a while back, and it has become one of my favorite things to eat.

Now if I could just find a decent Stromboli in Toledo. :(

I sold a car today, the 82 Concord I kept out west. Party time.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I changed the tires on 2 of the bikes today. The vfr had 8400 miles and the dr had 7400 miles on them. Happiness is new tires??? I have no big plans for this weekend. Next weekend starts with car shows again. I want to get all my chores taken care of so I can play for awhile without worry.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Saw one of those 4x4 wagons on the road ( running) the other day... AMC called them Eagles or something?

A fellow I knew would buy those 4x4 wagons when he found them.  he drove em for years and had parts cars for repairs
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

39deluxe

I'm on the internet machine today. It went down a few weeks ago and I just got the new crater motor installed complete with windows 7. Trying to learn my way around the new system.

Going to take my son out for his birthday later and then I get to work on the mower again. I'm having another John Deere moment. The center blade bearing seized. I guess greasing twice a season isn't enough. :roll:

Tom

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"

Saw one of those 4x4 wagons on the road ( running) the other day... AMC called them Eagles or something?

A fellow I knew would buy those 4x4 wagons when he found them.  he drove em for years and had parts cars for repairs

They seem to have a bit of a cult following. It's like Corvairs, they own several of them at the same time

jaybee

Quote from: "Crosley"

If my memory is correct (always a fair question) Renault called their line Eagle after they bought AMC.  There was a very popular AMC dealer here in Des Moines back in the day of those 4x4's and the LeCar.  The AMC 4x4 line actually seemed to be decent, reliable cars.  Too bad time had virtually run out for them by that time, and of course Renault was at a low point.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

I finished the tail pipe installation on the AD truck, made some fancy hangers. Then I repaired the running board extensions, both of them had broken bolts and other damage.  After that, I made a camp fire ring so my grandson could have some Smores.

jaybee

"After that, I made a camp fire ring so my grandson could have some Smores."

Always importatnt to have your priorities straight.  Smores for everyone!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

WZ JUNK

I sandblasted the doors on the # 974 this morning.  I am going to patch some of the rust that has developed along the bottom of the doors.  I am doing some fast and sloppy body work to make it look better but in the near future I will need to replace the bottom of the outer door skins.  I made the inner part of the bottom of the doors when I originally did the body work years ago but the outer skins are bad now.  To many years on the salt flats and some bad metal originally.  The salt is very hard on any kind of metal.

Hooley has changed the roll cage to accommodate him wearing the Hans device and he has changed the seat some.  He has spent a lot of time on maintenace and just going over the car.  Time has not been a friend to the # 974.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

I spent a good part of the day figuring out how to fit a saddle to my daughters horse. Finally got a large wooden transfer gage (like the metal ones with tiny pins we use to copy a contour) and transferred the shape across the withers to a thick piece of plywood. I will cut that out to take to a used tack sale that is on tomorrow. So far we have not had any luck fitting the beast.

chimp koose

The rest of the day I spent reading the NHRA rulebook. I am going back to being a tech inspector at the drag strip. ( a great way to make new friends) I havent done this job since 93. Lots of new rules,very few rules about computers in the 93 rulebook.

32coupe

Look what I found in the shed, it arived just the other day.

It's a 671 to go onto a big block chev in a 47 chev

It's all got to fit under the bonnet, so I fabricated some adapters for the Impco LPG carbs to hang off to one side :wink:

I get to fit it in a couple of weeks, can't wait
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Carps

Today I'm here at the salt mines doing whatever it is I do.   :cry:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.