What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

So when do you want me to bring my seats out?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

34ford

Woke up to 12" inches of this stuff yesterday morning.

phat46

Quote from: "34ford"Woke up to 12" inches of this stuff yesterday morning.

Beautiful! We really need some of that over here.

moose

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "34ford"Woke up to 12" inches of this stuff yesterday morning.

Beautiful! We really need some of that over here.

NO we do not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

WZ JUNK

I have been struggling with a steering column that I have had in the 54 Chevy for some time.  I finally gave up on it yesterday as it just would not work the way I wanted it to.  Today I replaced it with a different version of a GM column and I think things are going to work out okay.  Sometimes you just need to start over.

I practiced my sewing for an hour or so.  I am getting better but it is slow going.  Making the pedal slower reacting has helped.  It was formally a production machine and it had a hair trigger.  I changed the leverage on the treddle pedal that operates the clutch to make it less sensitive.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

I installed a winch mount in the trailer, and started wiring winch controls, until I ran out of parts. It's been in the 40s outside all week.

Boyd Who

Today I got the Essex back up on all four wheels for the first time in over a year!

I bought a set of '53 F100 front brakes from a fellow and finally got the bearings needed for the swap. After modifying the bearings I was able to bolt the hubs to the '37 Ford spindles I'm using.

I also got a set of wheel adapters with the brakes so I bolted up my old mags to see how it looks. I eventually plan to go with solids, like the last pic.

I'm really happy with the ride height. Once the rest of the truck is together, combined with any spring settling, it should sit an inch or so lower than this. Much better than it was the the old Corvair suspension.

Charlie Chops 1940

Been re-fitting some of the old s/s exhaust along with a pair of Hush Power Flow Masters and some better hangers  on my '40 convert. The car is so low in front that it takes a lot of work to get the pipes nestled and hung strongly enough to take an occasional hit. May have it this time.

It was a nice sunny afternoon so I got the Bullitt out for a little ride. Got my fix for a few 6500 rpm shifts.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

getting near finished mount for alternator.  Adjuster bracket needs final work, longer slot for more adjustment.

Gonna drill in some holes to lighten the  steel  parts

Tomslik,  I sent you email on alternator, you receive ?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"getting near finished mount for alternator.  Adjuster bracket needs final work, longer slot for more adjustment.

Gonna drill in some holes to lighten the  steel  parts

Tomslik,  I sent you email on alternator, you receive ?

yep, got it.
thanks.
do you know what the original aplication is/was?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ALTERNATOR-KUBOTA-LOADER-R310-V1305-16231-64010-/360425242924?hash=item53eb04c12c&item=360425242924&vxp=mtr

Tony a tab back to the fuel pump block off would make it much stronger.

yep...

on the back side of the bolt through the alternator , I was gonna add a bracket from that bolt to the fuel pump mount bolts.  That will help stabilize the business end of this.

I am using the low mount alternator bracket for full size chevy alt as a template for this. I altered  the size and shape slightly.  Besides the loss of the first set of spacers,  :shock:  ... I only re-cut one bracket so far.

tomslik ... yanmar tractor application as enjenjo posts the link..  I bought the one wire version claimed on the same vendor dbelectrical  on eBay
Tony

Glen

Tony, just a reminder too in case that gives you trouble, this mount worked very well.  Its close to yours.  And that is a full size 145 amp alternator.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Tony, just a reminder too in case that gives you trouble, this mount worked very well.  Its close to yours.  And that is a full size 145 amp alternator.

Looks good.  you have a big block chev there and wider frame rails than mine.

I am near finishjed with my mount, need to narrow up a couple of spacers, drill a few holes.

With my back as it is again, I can not work on the project too long.  Standing is good, sitting is OK , for now. My back is getting better slowly.  So much fun being worn out and gettin old

8)
Tony

enjenjo

I got the winch installed in the trailer and all wired up. I have a wired remote, with a plug for it in front, and another in the back. I had to wire the solenoid box twise, diid it wrong the first time. Works like a champ.