What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Today I started some work on this car.  The years, and someone who did not understand wiring, have been pretty hard on it, but I almost have it fixed.  The wheels are 14 inch Halibrand.

On another note, I have a large pile of those gas filters on my desk.  I remove them from every car that comes in the shop with one of those filters on the engine.  I tell everyone not to use them.  They are a poor design and have caused many engine fires.  They break or crack but more often they loosen and leak.  I do not know why they are allowed to still sell them.

I like the engine a lot, but please change the filter.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"I posted a photo of the 4L60E trans in question.  DIY fellow welded a socket onto the drain plug to remove it.  These drain plugs are a female dog to remove at times. I usually weld on a large nut to the plug to make removal easier.

that reminds of me of this part I made.....I had the ability to machine the male square in my mill, but i didnt have any way to make the female part....i ended up using an old socket and cut it down in the lathe, it allowed me to slip it over the male piece and make my pedal on my motorcycle.  The hole in the center was threaded to prevent it from slipping off the end.

taxpyer

I swear half the guys on this forum are machinist/fabricators, what incredible work. :D  I on the other hand feel a real sence of accomplishment if I get a gear clamp on the right way so it doesn't dig into my hand when I work on my motor. :shock:
What\'s that noise?,,, Never mind,, I\'ll check it later

idrivejunk

playing in mud today ... on a fiberglass hood

Matt

kb426

I made a cover for a guitar amp I have. Each sewing project has been physically larger than the one before. Accordingly, I'm finding new ways to screw up. :lol:  Today I'm starting on the 32's seat. I have a plan which may prove to be one more prototype on the way to a acceptable ending. My wife has mentioned that I could have paid someone to do this and spent less time and money. I'm sure she's correct.  :)
TEAM SMART

Digger

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "32coupe"My neighbour has a 62 Impala with a 350 chev, it's not good enough for him so....................he went shopping for something with a few more horsepower.

We took the 350 out....

And put this in it's place.

This should do the job :wink:

see if he'll get rid of that glass filter, i have heard of them breaking and catching the car on fire. :twisted:

i do like his style of power adder tho :lol:

later jim
I have replaced a couple of those Holley fuel pressure guages because of leaks also :!:
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

WZ JUNK

I did a little electrical work on this 32 today.  It belongs to a friend.  He has driven it as a streetrod for over 30 years.  He has photographs of his kids when they were young sitting on the running boards and now he has photos of his grandchildren sitting in the same spot.  This one is a driver.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

A small project coming along.  Small alternator I bought on eBay.

Fab up an alternator mount for the Simca drag race car.  I need to cut some metal up for the adjuster / tensioner  arm.

The aluminum spacers between the brackets ... on a lathe  I drilled a 3/8 hole in aluminum rod, cut to approx length I needed... set them down somewhere in the shop, never to be seen again.

I machined up another set
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Tony ..  Looks neat .. Please post a photo of the "Adjustment" bracket ..
 Something that shows the mounting from the rear view .... :idea:

Thanks .... 8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

tomslik

cros, is that a suzuki samuri alt?
been thinking about one that size for the rambler....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

art.flame

phat rat

Visited the UFO museum in Roswell N.M. and one in Lincoln N.M. Lincoln was the site of the Lincoln county wars of the late 1800's. This is where Billy The Kid gained notoriety. Lots of history there.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

Don't forget that I'm blind and senile. This is the end of the minivan and the beginning of something more compatible for the hotrod world. I'm a rank beginner with this so try not to be too disappointed.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I made a dust cover for a guitar amp I have. This was before the seat project.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Ypo're gettin' pretty handy with that new machine ... 8)  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****