What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Neat looking sign Frank ...Are you going to sneek some of your wares into the "Zoo"  :?:  :idea:

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Jim,

Well, my friend, that little foray into the pucker brush could have been a whole lot worse. Glad you weren't hurt.

It'll be interesting to see the amount on the estimate to repair.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

I assembled the steering column for my Buick today. Considering I tore it down for modification and rebuild over 2 years ago, and have had it painted for 6 months, I guess I am doing all right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Finished the saddle bag lites on the Goldwing.. not a great photo, best I could do tonite.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rrumbler

Those lights look really good, Tony.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

58 Yeoman

Yep, the lights look good, Tony.  What year is your bike?  Honda has a recall on '01 to '10 GW's.  I had traded my '02 on an '07 at Pete Hatfield's in '07, and I got a recall notice on it also.  I sent them Pete's address as being traded in, but he went out of business a couple years ago...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "Crosley"had a 4L60E  pump brought in, that a customer removed all on his own.

You are suppose to remove the trans pan first... remove the filter, remove the lock up solenoid from the pump too.

Clamp on the splined tube was used for extraction from the case.  Many gouge marks from screw driver to pry pump outof case.

Second foto shows broken piece of lock up solenoid in the small hole on the left.  He broke the filter tube too that goes into the larger hole.

Still trying to find out why only this part was brought into the shop. Kinda wonder what else the guy is "fixing"  :shock:

Don't you wish they would bring it to you BEFORE they screw it up?

I guess this is a common problem in many areas of various industries.  Some body ''thinks'' they can fix something and tear into it.

I am about to attempt repairs  on my house A/C unit. Service tech told me solenoids and circuit board are weak in my house A/C unit. Sometimes the air handler in the attic does not ''turn on the blower fan''... then the condenser unit on the ground runs for hours driving my electric bill way up. Tech wants near 600 dollars for repair, I find the parts on line for about 100 dollars shipped.

I posted a photo of the 4L60E trans in question.  DIY fellow welded a socket onto the drain plug to remove it.  These drain plugs are a female dog to remove at times. I usually weld on a large nut to the plug to make removal easier.
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Yep, the lights look good, Tony.  What year is your bike?  Honda has a recall on '01 to '10 GW's.  

My bike is a 2010 I bought used, with 2400 miles on it.

Odd how a brake master cylinder recall pops up on a bike brake system design that is 11 years old now.  Actually the problem is a simple adjustment of the apply rod to the secondary master cylinder
Tony

Mikej

I am about to attempt repairs on my house A/C unit. Service tech told me solenoids and circuit board are weak in my house A/C unit. Sometimes the air handler in the attic does not ''turn on the blower fan''... then the condenser unit on the ground runs for hours driving my electric bill way up. Tech wants near 600 dollars for repair, I find the parts on line for about 100 dollars shipped.

Hope this doesn't turn out like the guy fixing his own transmission :shock:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Mikej"I am about to attempt repairs on my house A/C unit. Service tech told me solenoids and circuit board are weak in my house A/C unit. Sometimes the air handler in the attic does not ''turn on the blower fan''... then the condenser unit on the ground runs for hours driving my electric bill way up. Tech wants near 600 dollars for repair, I find the parts on line for about 100 dollars shipped.

Hope this doesn't turn out like the guy fixing his own transmission :shock:

I hope it does go better.  I usually know when to quit ''fixing something''

the fellow with the 4L60e leak problems.... he had a cracked converter hub. All the sillycone in the world would not help his problem.  He was chasing the leak in the wrong part. LOL
Tony

enjenjo

Went as far as I can go on the steering column today until I get some more parts. Made a clamp to hold it to the dash, and painted it.

When I finished that, I worked on the Ghia wiring. Good thing he is not in a hurry, that's the first time I have touched it in a month.

We put up Fatcat's sign today, looks real good.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

32coupe

My neighbour has a 62 Impala with a 350 chev, it's not good enough for him so....................he went shopping for something with a few more horsepower.

We took the 350 out....

And put this in it's place.

This should do the job :wink:
If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "32coupe"My neighbour has a 62 Impala with a 350 chev, it's not good enough for him so....................he went shopping for something with a few more horsepower.

We took the 350 out....

I hope he didn't get that from Black Mountain Hemi.  :evil:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

river1

Quote from: "32coupe"My neighbour has a 62 Impala with a 350 chev, it's not good enough for him so....................he went shopping for something with a few more horsepower.

We took the 350 out....

see if he'll get rid of that glass filter, i have heard of them breaking and catching the car on fire. :twisted:

i do like his style of power adder tho :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Carnut

I've never had any problem with those glass filters breaking, but I have had a problem with them clogging up and still looking unclogged.

I still like seeing the fuel going thru the glass, Just have to remember to check the element outside the glass when fuel problems occur.