What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I posted a video.  Testing a XP4 power glide trans on the dyno at Hughes Performance.

it is a first for me on video stuff. This link should work... I hope.

Audio is not great, I was using my digital camera to record

http://vimeo.com/36586733
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"I posted a video.  Testing a XP4 power glide trans on the dyno at Hughes Performance.

Quite a test, do all the trannys get a test like this or only the race ones?

Glen

Quote from: "Crosley"I posted a video.  Testing a XP4 power glide trans on the dyno at Hughes Performance.

Is that Brad Pitt playing your part in the movie?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat46"

Quite a test, do all the trannys get a test like this or only the race ones?

All of the transmissions are run on the dyno.  Keep in mind this video is an abbreviated view of the test.

The dyno is a VERY useful tool... We had a fellow with a Ford C6 full manual shift trans in a race car. He complained loud about NO SECOND gear shift.  He brought the car in, we took the trans out of the car.  Placed the trans and his converter on the dyno in front of the customer.  The C6 ran - operated perfect.  He is still complaining

QuoteIs that Brad Pitt playing your part in the movie

Brad was not available... they say the camera adds 10 pounds. There was only one camera on me, not sure what happened.

:roll:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

You better start looking for hidden cameras, several of them by the looks of it. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

midnight sun

Bleeding the brakes for the first time on the 48.  Now I remember why I hate bleeding brakes!
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

WZ JUNK

This morning I hosted the annual Hot Rod Breakfast at the Gearhead Cafe.  We had a fair turnout even though it was 7 degress F this morning.  I drove the old truck and several others drove their cars but not as many as in the past.  I had a large group come to the shop after breakfast and we had a good visit and some trading and parts were sold.  Tall tails were told and a good time was had by all.  A good day to have a hot rod and friends .

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

I made a hot wire knife for cutting foam. I restored a heater control for a friend's 65 ElCamino. Tomorrow I will attempt to upholster the seat that I trimmed the foam on. It's cold again. Pics tomorrow.
TEAM SMART

Fat Cat

Quote from: "kb426"I made a hot wire knife for cutting foam. I restored a heater control for a friend's 65 ElCamino. Tomorrow I will attempt to upholster the seat that I trimmed the foam on. It's cold again. Pics tomorrow.

How about a tech article on the knife build?

kb426

How about a tech article on the knife build?
I shouldn't take any credit. There was several youtube videos that I watched. I tried using a guitar string for the cutter. I don't think that is a long term solution. I'm going to order some nichrome wire for this. When that arrives, I'll post a pic.
TEAM SMART

tomslik

Quote from: "kb426"How about a tech article on the knife build?
I shouldn't take any credit. There was several youtube videos that I watched. I tried using a guitar string for the cutter. I don't think that is a long term solution. I'm going to order some nichrome wire for this. When that arrives, I'll post a pic.

how about gutting an old toaster?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

The last time a toaster went to the dump, this project hadn't been thought of. I'll keep that in mind.
TEAM SMART

kb426

This is a really poor pic of the modified seat for the cafe racer. It's way too cold here today to install it on the bike. Every upholstery project teaches me something I needed to know. Usually after the fact.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

kb426

I put the seat on the cafe racer this evening. By the time the cover was pulled tight, the rear hump isn't tall enough. Back to redo city. As I stated, I keep learning.  :)
TEAM SMART

art.flame