What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

finished the alternator brackets. painted, drilled a few holes to lighten the parts up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

This is redo No.2 on the seat. I'm not real pleased but I'm going to have to take some time to think about what I'll have to do to improve it.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

I spent part of the afternoon chopping up a set of lakes headers for my Essex. I bought them used off the 'net and they wouldn't quite work the way they were set up, so I have to modify them a bit. While I'm at it I'll be repairing some previous mods and ugly welds that were done by the previous owner.

phat46

Quote from: "art.flame"made a shifter knob today

I like that! is that resin or carved wood? I can't tell from the piture.

art.flame

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "art.flame"made a shifter knob today

I like that! is that resin or carved wood? I can't tell from the piture.

phat46 ,it carved hard wood it need some blackning ,i'm planning to make some more probably 2 or 3 in different styles, if your interested just let me know :D
Art

kb426

Today's project is overkill in the best way. I made a stand to stack a guitar amp on top of another one. I used a square tube die that I bought 2 years ago for the first time. The round tube is 4130 .058 wall. It's tig welded. The feet are leftover titanium valves on one side and 426 maxwedge intakes on the back side. It's going to the vat and then getting painted with leftover urethane when it warms up in a couple of months. I used the lathe's digital readout to cut the 4130 to an precise length + or - .001. It was cold, windy and we had a snow shower today. A great day in the shop.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

You kind of get all over the map, don't you? I like that.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I chucked up a piece of  3/4" T6 in the mill and made a bolt circle drill guide. I always have people asking me to redrill axles and rims with the other bolt pattern so I made a plate with 5 on 4 1/2 and 5 on 4 3/4 bolt circles evenly spaced. I also turned it round and bored the ID to just slip over a ford axle spud. Now I can drill axles and rims with this unit in a short time. I may drill out the holes and put in hardened sleeves,I havent decided yet.

kb426

It got up to 70 degrees here today. After work, I rode the 5 cycles that are in my shed. Started out with the fastest and ended up with the cl160. Great day for February.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Used my new drill jig to do a set of axles today. Works great.

enjenjo

Tore down another Mustang T5 today. The local Mustang guys have found out that I can rebuild them.

art.flame

kb426

You guys will be impressed. Installed new cabinets in my wife's bathroom. It's 72 degrees here and about 40 mph wind. Because it has forgot to rain for about a year, it's brown!
TEAM SMART

phat rat

It's 70 degrees here in Sedona. The wife and I just got back from a 5 1/2 mi. hike in the red rock country
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

I just got home from Cobo. Saw some RRTers there, lots of nice cars.